Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Thanks; a brief Google shows lots of instances of reporting that this had happened, but sadly not whether the perp was caught (and what happened to him if so). Other sporting instances I'm seeing are American.

There is some evidence out there that people do get into big trouble for this stuff, eg this guy was jailed for shining a laser at a police helicopter: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-50570932

I guess it's a bit of a needle in a haystack at a football match.  I don't recall a team ever being punished for it, and having accusations of bias towards them at the same time.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I guess it's a bit of a needle in a haystack at a football match.  I don't recall a team ever being punished for it, and having accusations of bias towards them at the same time.

Yeah, I'm never really sure about fining teams for these things; I guess you have to have some kind of punishment, but it's got to be quite hard to prevent a determined idiot from doing something like this.

Talk of Foden missing the final with injury

Jack will definitely be first choice sub now if England need a goal. 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

perhaps its a hanover from the song Contest....where we are deemed world enemy No 1.

If we had to dine out on love for us, we would starve.

Not sure it's a Eurovision hangover, more being tired of what used to just be the far right in England making false accusations and calling people in Europe words removed becoming official government policy since 2016 and the word removed calling getting a whole lot worse. That and EU citizens being treated like shit coming back into the UK since 1 Jan even when they own companies and pay lots of tax.

There are still an enormous amount of people in the EU that love British culture (note British there) but if the English nationalists keep it up for much longer then it's hard to see that not disappearing.

We're not really world enemy number one, but you can count the number of countries that will be mostly supporting England on the finger of one finger in Europe. 

It's very sad and was very avoidable. That said the final will most likely be a poor game, I think we need to win it without it going to penalties though as Pickford isn't a patch on Donnarumma. Quite a few of my mates over here have been saying Pickford gives them a lot of hope of scoring. He's seen as the weakest link by a lot of people over here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Pointless though since no other player in the team passes to him.

I have a real feeling that it was pointless him going to the Euro's.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Pointless though since no other player in the team passes to him.

I have a real feeling that it was pointless him going to the Euro's.

I think he's made a difference every time he's been on the pitch. b

Plus, just him coming on gives the crowd a huge boost... you can sense the stadium lift. That must put a bit of fear in the opposition as well 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Plus, just him coming on gives the crowd a huge boost... you can sense the stadium lift. That must put a bit of fear in the opposition as well 

100% agree

But also think in a weird way that's why he's being used the way he is

Crowd gets a boost, other players get a boost, tempo goes up, opposition drop deeper 

Its Jack out of everyone that seems to have the "**** hell how good are we were bringing grealish on" about him

And I do think the other players get a boost, even if they aren't passing to him or he's not getting that involved, even when he's on we still play through sterling but we just look more likely with Jack on 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Don't think for a second that UEFA has any love for England

You say that but Wembley has been selected for loads of high profile games over the past few years. I think they had the champions league final twice in 3 years. 

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

Thought he was pretty poor against Denmark.

Couple poor touches, lost the ball a few times. Do agree he's been great off the bench in general but the last game he struggled to do much

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

100% agree

But also think in a weird way that's why he's being used the way he is

Crowd gets a boost, other players get a boost, tempo goes up, opposition drop deeper 

Its Jack out of everyone that seems to have the "**** hell how good are we were bringing grealish on" about him

And I do think the other players get a boost, even if they aren't passing to him or he's not getting that involved, even when he's on we still play through sterling but we just look more likely with Jack on 

You're right. Its like he's being used as a booster late in the game... a shot of footballing red bull to give everyone a lift. No other England player can do it. Crowd go wild and every time he gets the ball there is a buzz. That must affect the opposition. Perhaps they double mark him, therefore leaving more room for Sterling/Mount/Kane etc. 

You wouldn't get that boost if he started. 

It's similar to how Italy used Baggio in Italia 90. Didn't start a group game... but he did start the knock out games. He was a difference maker. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Couple poor touches, lost the ball a few times. Do agree he's been great off the bench in general but the last game he struggled to do much

He presented the best chance we had, in open play, to Kane and had a shot saved that was on target. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I wouldn't say poor - he wasn't as effective as the Germany game. However, he did make a difference.

For that short spell that Jack and Foden were on, it was nirvana! 

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

No chance foden would have started anyway. Which in itself is bizarre. 

27 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

You want to talk about phillips spooning one over when he should have left it to grealish?

Â