Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I really struggle with the idea that Sterling was brilliant. He's brainless. He was one of the better forward players on the pitch which is a sad indictment of the rest of them, but he's so wasteful, and just wants to do it all himself no matter how many options he has. I lost count of the number of times he had players available for progressive passes and instead tried and failed to take on his man.

Yeah, it worked for the penalty, but a less selfish player (not that I have a specific individual in mind ;)), in those positions would have been much more effective.

You can look at the key stats of the tournament and much like them making Pickford look brilliant, they'd make Sterling look like he's been phenomenal throughout the tournament. It certainly isn't what I see on the pitch though.

I’ve been slaughtered for saying the same about Sterling. His decision making is poor and he plays the game for himself.

Foden and Grealish offer so much more.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

If my only reference for how far we've gone in this tournament was this place I'd have fully thought we finished bottom of our group playing 9 defenders, Sterling and Kane

You do know you don’t have to come to this place don’t you, it’s your choice

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

If my only reference for how far we've gone in this tournament was this place I'd have fully thought we finished bottom of our group playing 9 defenders, Sterling and Kane

It’s embarrassing to be honest

• Like 3

So what's the likely game plan vs Italia? Match their cagey defensiveness and hit them on the counterattack or just go for it from the opening whistle?

46 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

I’ve been slaughtered for saying the same about Sterling. His decision making is poor and he plays the game for himself.

He had Trippier wide open to his right but went for glory himself. Could have iced the game.

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

So what's the likely game plan vs Italia? Match their cagey defensiveness and hit them on the counterattack or just go for it from the opening whistle?

Unchanged team, 17 men behind the ball, bring on Grealish when we are losing, but it won't make a difference as Italy are shithousery masters.

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

My concern with the Italy game is that if we leave it till 70 minutes to start trying to win the game, if they score first in this period- they are more than capable of holding onto the lead for 20 mins.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Adman said:

My concern with the Italy game is that if we leave it till 70 minutes to start trying to win the game, if they score first in this period- they are more than capable of holding onto the lead for 20 mins.

Exactly. That's why England should attack from the off ad try to get an early goal. The crowd will be a 12th player. 

7 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Unchanged team, 17 men behind the ball, bring on Grealish when we are losing, but it won't make a difference as Italy are shithousery masters.

Unlike England who would never resort to diving and stuff like that :D 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rino8 said:

Mate if we win it on Sunday, I guarantee there will be people complaining about something 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbie09 said:

Foden and Grealish offer so much more.

He’s been our player of the tournament but I still agree. Like I said earlier if his end product was better he’d be one of the best players in the world. Genuinely. 

1 hour ago, Rino8 said:

Now you know why people talking about 'moaning Brummies'

The state of it, honestly

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Henderson and Rashford will feature. First goal will be massive, if we score it plays into Southgate's style and hopefully we see it out.

Probably not a popular opinion, but if he's fit enough to do at least an hour then Henderson should start in the final IMO. Italy's midfield against ours is the most obvious mis-match in their favour, so Henderson's experience at the top level is important. Dunno whether you'd just switch him in for Phillips at maintain a 4-2-3-1, or switch to a 4-3-3.

• Like 1

Â