Villan_of_oz

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I was commenting on the acceptability of dealing out abuse, not the ability of the recipient to mute it. Are you saying, then that providing it's possible to hit 'ignore' that online racial abuse is acceptable? 

No one is saying its acceptable.  Merely saying if its having a impact on your mental health that maybe best your not on it because of its toxicity and poor accountability/penalties for the trolls/bullies

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

No one is saying its acceptable.  Merely saying if its having a impact on your mental health that maybe best your not on it because of its toxicity and poor accountability/penalties for the trolls/bullies

Yes, but why should the victims compromise because of the trolls/bullies. Then they win. Regulation is the only answer. Hell we have Mods on here and we all accept it as a necessity (hi mods). 

2 hours ago, calcifer said:

Social media is a cesspit! It is not policed in the correct way at!  Some proper keyboard warriors out there! Mostly 12 - 15 year old kids dishing it out.  

Twitter is the worst for abuse! 

The 12-15 year olds are on shit we don't even know about. Twitter is adults. Adults are just children who know more words.

18 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Yes, but why should the victims compromise because of the trolls/bullies. Then they win. Regulation is the only answer. Hell we have Mods on here and we all accept it as a necessity (hi mods). 

Well then I cant help you as your taking the argument up with the wrong person thats down to the social media companies to punish and they dont do **** all. That aint changin unfortunately so you either ignore it or delete the social media

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Comparing online abuse to a footballer receiving racist abuse at a football match is actually quite a terrible comparison. Last time I checked a footballer on a pitch couldn’t just hit the ignore button to turn it off.

They could stick their fingers in their ears and go “La La La La” though, which is basically the equivalent. 

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They could stick their fingers in their ears and go “La La La La” though, which is basically the equivalent. 

spacer.png

Don’t be daft.

Spoiler

Baileys already tried that. Couldn’t quite get it figured out though.

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well then I cant help you as your taking the argument up with the wrong person thats down to the social media companies to punish and they dont do **** all. That aint changin unfortunately so you either ignore it or delete the social media

It’s a shame too because, as much as I love criticizing social media for the negative effects it’s had on society, there is a lot of positive value in it. 

7 hours ago, sne said:

She has almost 8m followers on Insta so she probably makes more money from that than she does from football.

Not as easy as just walking away from that.

It's a shame the social media companies have no real interest in moderating their platforms.

She probably makes the majority of her money from social media related stuff.

But yeah, when people abuse her she should just switch it off and forget about those earning like we all would.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wonder what abuse she got. Seriously wtf is wrong with people? For what what reason would anyone want to give Lehman abuse ? 

Well she said it was when she had a girlfriend, so probably some jealous bloke who thought she’d sleep with his lazy bigoted ass 

3 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

She probably makes the majority of her money from social media related stuff.

But yeah, when people abuse her she should just switch it off and forget about those earning like we all would.

Then that just leaves learning to live with it because social media companies aren’t going to do anything about it for now. And talking about social media abuse has been going on for years and still nothings been done about it so that would indict things likely won’t change for the foreseeable future.

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d like to discourage my kids from using it but it doesn’t help when the other half has to record a fart on Snapchat. 

What’s her snap? Asking for a friend. 

Edited by villan-scott
  • Haha 2

I love her to bits and Dougie. But if your gonna post you life on Instagram, mostly in a bikini, including your private holiday photos with your partner, it ain't all gonna be positive vibes. It's a bit idealistic to think all your gonna get is likes and positive comments. If you showed your old skool holiday photos to randoms in the street, do you think they would all say how nice you look and how lucky you are. The negatives come with social media theses day, it ain't gonna change any time soon, so either put up or get off it, simples.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, calcifer said:

Social media is a cesspit! It is not policed in the correct way at!  Some proper keyboard warriors out there! Mostly 12 - 15 year old kids dishing it out.  

Twitter is the worst for abuse! 

Neal Maupay and his family received death threats.  Turned out it was from a teenager in Singapore!

How do you police that? How do you stop that message from reaching the victim? Who is responsible for educating the idiot? Surely not the British government or Premier League?!

6 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Neal Maupay and his family received death threats.  Turned out it was from a teenager in Singapore!

How do you police that? How do you stop that message from reaching the victim? Who is responsible for educating the idiot? Surely not the British government or Premier League?!

You can’t. People need to learn to understand that anything on social media is just a joke. It’s not reality.  Nothing can be taken seriously. Cant let it upset you. Just use the ignore button. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You can’t. People need to learn to understand that anything on social media is just a joke. It’s not reality.  Nothing can be taken seriously. Cant let it upset you. Just use the ignore button. 

Directly messaging someone telling them you plan to kill them isn’t a joke, whatever medium it is delivered over. 

Track the word removed and send him to prison or fine the living daylights out of him. Create some accountability. Google are able to sniff my arsehole in the morning and record everything I say and do on a small device in my kitchen in the name of marketing - if these social media companies gave a flying **** they could track a cocwomble in his bedroom in Taipei down with ease. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Directly messaging someone telling them you plan to kill them isn’t a joke, whatever medium it is delivered over. 

Track the word removed and send him to prison or fine the living daylights out of him. Create some accountability. Google are able to sniff my arsehole in the morning and record everything I say and do on a small device in my kitchen in the name of marketing - if these social media companies gave a flying **** they could track a cocwomble in his bedroom in Taipei down with ease. 

I’ve been accused of being killed along with my whole family on the internet. It’s all bullshit.  Just have to block the idiots. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate I've had " Villa Fans " on Facebook and Instagram message me things like " You black word removed " for things as simple as not agreeing on a player performance.

When I've got time, I usually troll the shite back out of them until they give up, or I ignore them.

If you take alot of shite on social media seriously you ll go nuts or fall into sever depression.

Social Media is a blessing and a curse, in the modern world it's not so easy to just " not be on social media ".

As someone above noted, even for athletes a social media presence is necessary and can be quite lucrative.

The majority of cretins who do things like this are usually desperate for attention or have mental issues themselves.

You can often figure out what you're dealing with by having a look at their profile picture and profile. Lol

I don’t know how you can tolerate fans on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Some serious scum out there.   

I still don’t get why anybody would troll Lehman. I guess haters gonna hate.

• Like 2

Â