Villan_of_oz

3 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

At some point people need to realize they just shouldn’t be on social media. 

also if you cant take complete strangers calling you a word removed for no reason as you walk down the street you shouldn't leave your house 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Whilst nobody should have to stop using social media because they are being attacked on it. I do think it’s a horrible thing and a person can free their mind if they stay off it. 

I’d like to discourage my kids from using it but it doesn’t help when the other half has to record a fart on Snapchat. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

But why? 🤨 She hasn't done or said anything problematic 

For me if i was getting online abuse to this nature i would just delete it. It shouldnt happen but lets be real its not gonna change. Bullies, trolls etc they will continue to do it until social media platforms clamp down or law is brought in for some serious penalties 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

For me if i was getting online abuse to this nature i would just delete it. It shouldnt happen but lets be real its not gonna change. Bullies, trolls etc they will continue to do it until social media platforms clamp down or law is brought in for some serious penalties 

Then they win

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crumpet said:

What a horrendous take

I don't think he's saying it's Lehmann's fault or anything tbf, I reckon he's just generally saying social media is toxic, which it certainly can be.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Social media is society, people shouldn’t have to disconnect from society to avoid being harassed.

• Like 1

She has almost 8m followers on Insta so she probably makes more money from that than she does from football.

Not as easy as just walking away from that.

It's a shame the social media companies have no real interest in moderating their platforms.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This is my stance as well. If you are going to continue to do something that you know affects your mental health, then you need to adjust what you are doing. And no Alisha shouldn't have to be the one that changes but if it's getting to the point where she can't even perform properly then it needs to be cut out.

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I don't think he's saying it's Lehmann's fault or anything tbf, I reckon he's just generally saying social media is toxic, which it certainly can be.

Exactly. My post wasn't meant to criticize her. Merely implying she just needs to protect herself, even if that means getting off social media.

• Like 1

Social media is a cesspit! It is not policed in the correct way at!  Some proper keyboard warriors out there! Mostly 12 - 15 year old kids dishing it out.  

Twitter is the worst for abuse! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, a m ole said:

Social media is society, people shouldn’t have to disconnect from society to avoid being harassed.

Yeah, 'not being strong enough to take abuse' is no kind of argument. It should not be something you have to stomach. I'm sure that was an argument that used to be used with respect to racist abuse at matches, but quite rightly that's now seen as unacceptable (as well as representing a stupid ideology that makes no intellectual sense).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

Yeah, 'not being strong enough to take abuse' is no kind of argument. It should not be something you have to stomach. I'm sure that was an argument that used to be used with respect to racist abuse at matches, but quite rightly that's now seen as unacceptable (as well as representing a stupid ideology that makes no intellectual sense).  

Comparing online abuse to a footballer receiving racist abuse at a football match is actually quite a terrible comparison. Last time I checked a footballer on a pitch couldn’t just hit the ignore button to turn it off.

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Comparing online abuse to a footballer receiving racist abuse at a football match is actually quite a terrible comparison. Last time I checked a footballer on a pitch couldn’t just hit the ignore button to turn it off.

I was commenting on the acceptability of dealing out abuse, not the ability of the recipient to mute it. Are you saying, then that providing it's possible to hit 'ignore' that online racial abuse is acceptable? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Exactly. My post wasn't meant to criticize her. Merely implying she just needs to protect herself, even if that means getting off social media.

Yeah thats how i understood your message to be. Your not saying/blaming her just makjng a suggestion if its effecting her mentally maybe its best she comes off it

• Like 1

Â