Villan_of_oz

I need to be clear, it's one thing to admire one's beauty but it is another to degrade or belittle another individual. I feel ill being associated with any gross commentary.

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Seeing as we've made it to page 3 without it being added to the discussion, does anyone actually have any insight of her as a player? 

I'm not going to pretend I'm all across women's football but I started following her from a video displaying her foot skills, it was ages ago. I believe she will improve our women's team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

They wear the colours and the badge. They deserve our support. 

if don’t want to watch their brand of football, that’s fine. 

however, if we sideline it in to another board, no one here will ever be that interested. if it’s mixed with the men’s then great, we can learn and get informed about all things Villa.

So what you're saying is that there isn't enough interest in it so it would get hidden out of sight as no one would go there specifically to chat about it?

I rest my case 

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Apparently she is a lesbian and in a relationship with team mate Ramona Bachmann, so Wikipedia says.

Having googled it her, it is fair to say that Ramona is punching!

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

So what you're saying is that there isn't enough interest in it so it would get hidden out of sight as no one would go there specifically to chat about it?

I rest my case 

It’s starting from the bottom, in the terms of interest, so it needs all the help it can and sidelining it because some are not interested is one of the problems that the woman’s game has. 

I’m like you, I don’t watch their games, however I’m interested enough to care for their results. They are Villa, I can’t help but care. 

Their teams activities talked about on the main board may just well make me and others more interested. 

if you’re  not interested, that’s fine, you can ignore the posts.   

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Do you feel there been many examples of posters discussing whether she’s good at her profession so far in this thread?

YesHappy Daniel Bryan GIF by WWE

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Do you feel there been many examples of posters discussing whether she’s good at her profession so far in this thread?

I don't control this thread's narrative, I can only speak for myself!

20 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Not to contribute towards sexism but is acknowledging and discussing a woman's attractiveness sexist? 

I'm certain there are a large number of posts in the Grealish and Mings threads talking about their good looks. 

edit: deleting post

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 4

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't control this thread's narrative, I can only speak for myself!

I know you don’t control the narrative. Your original point was that, broadly speaking, it would be ok to say “I think she’s a good player and I find her attractive.”

I don’t entirely disagree with that argument.

I’m asking whether you feel that there has been much discussion on her ability as a footballer, or do you feel, like I do, it’s been completely outweighed by the discussion of her appearance?

A number of unacceptable posts have been removed from this thread. Please stay on topic and within the  Site's guidelines

The basic ethos of this site is to be welcoming to all and to treat other posters as you would like to be treated. This means no swearing, abuse, threats, insults, racism, sexism, homophobia   :snip:

Please never post about site moderation in the forum, if you wish to have moderation clarified or have some comment to make regarding moderation, please do this by PM to the relevant moderator.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

3.2 million followers on Instagram. With her and Jack, it's going to be a hell of a kit launch.

Jack will soon be as famous as her!  He just needs another 1,100,000 followers!

10 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m asking whether you feel that there has been much discussion on her ability as a footballer, or do you feel, like I do, it’s been completely outweighed by the discussion of her appearance?

see the Jean Makoun and his jumper thread.   

I still don't know what he's like as a footballer, but i will never forget that jumper. 

Another example of the layers of investment going on at the club, atm. We’re hoovering up top talent in the youth team, both improving the XI and increasing depth in the men’s team, and clearly investing in highly-rated pros in the women’s team. Oh and add to that all of the infrastructure — BMH, VP — and perhaps even the commercial stuff we don’t see or hear about.

We’re a club that is going places. 

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

I apologise to anyone who may have been offended by my childish behaviour that people should find offensive. Sometimes something that feels like harmless banter is anything but. Again, I apologise.

Well Done Hug GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

• Like 2

Â