Villan_of_oz

10 hours ago, Junxs said:

Don't think there's enough interest, might have been better having just one team serving the whole region with input from villa blues Albion and wolves all contributing to one women's team and getting decent crowds in. Rather than 200 fans each at each match.

Well thank God you're not in charge, is all I have to say to that.

12 hours ago, useless said:

I don't know anything about her but Everton are a good team so she must have something about her to have played a decent amount of games for them and probably the kind of signing we should be making to progress up the table. I notice she scored for them against Small Heath as well, maybe that's when she impressed Carla Ward. Seems to strike a ball well...

She has really good balance and definitely an eye for goal. We should be buying American players too no? Are they and Sweden not the best in women's football?

Do more women attend women's football matches or men? It'll definitely be interesting to see what the split is there.

13 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Not a very proud VT moment is it. Welcome to Villa Alisha

yeah had a chance to think about it. i've since amended an original post of mine. need to remember that as (probably) the biggest AVFC forum we do represent the fanbase and probably should think before we post certain things on a public website. can't imagine she would have the greatest first impression of her new fans if she popped on here.

if you think an AVWFC player is fit, tell a mate on whatsapp if you really feel like you have to. lets stick to discussing their footballing abilities on here.

just my 2 pence worth. and yes i am fun at parties btw.

• Like 1

I would say delete this thread and lets have a new one!

But someone needs to answer me before deleting: Where can I as a foreigner watch the Womens team games? Is it on AVTV?

47 minutes ago, MentalM said:

I would say delete this thread and lets have a new one!

But someone needs to answer me before deleting: Where can I as a foreigner watch the Womens team games? Is it on AVTV?

i think so but also on the FA womens footy website

5 pages already, quite a reaction to the signing. This move weakens a potential rival and I welcome her to the club. Could well make a difference to us up front next season and we did need to find a regular scorer. I'm sure this Swiss won't miss too often.  

• 9 months later...
19 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Was he there? Or you just jesting?

He put a thing on his instagram which it looked like he'd filmed himself - I think he was there. He went to Switzerland on his couple of days off to watch her play and flew back on a private plane with her - I'm fairly sure if she's in London and they've both got a day off he'll be there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anybody else think it’s weird that she’s given up the chance to play in the womens Euros so she can spend the summer holidaying with Douglas Luiz? To carve out her career when the womens game was living in the shadows of the mens and then just as it’s getting some more  attention to turn down the opportunity to play for her country at a major tournament to follow a bloke around is an odd choice. Maybe not, I dunno. 

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Anybody else think it’s weird that she’s given up the chance to play in the womens Euros so she can spend the summer holidaying with Douglas Luiz? To carve out her career when the womens game was living in the shadows of the mens and then just as it’s getting some more  attention to turn down the opportunity to play for her country at a major tournament to follow a bloke around is an odd choice. Maybe not, I dunno. 

tournament is not for one more month and Luiz will be back in pre season by then

She said she is mentally not prepared and nobody can really judge if she is or isnt except herself

• Like 1

Â