Villan_of_oz

15 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Anybody else think it’s weird that she’s given up the chance to play in the womens Euros so she can spend the summer holidaying with Douglas Luiz? To carve out her career when the womens game was living in the shadows of the mens and then just as it’s getting some more  attention to turn down the opportunity to play for her country at a major tournament to follow a bloke around is an odd choice. Maybe not, I dunno. 

I suspect she makes more money off her Social Media shenanigans than she does from football. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

tournament is not for one more month and Luiz will be back in pre season by then

She said she is mentally not prepared and nobody can really judge if she is or isnt except herself

Yeah but she would be in no way fit to start because she’s been partying constantly. I know your second sentence is the correct response and a safe one that no one can argue with but if I’m honest I just don’t buy it. And yes, I’m probably wrong but I can’t get my head around it given the battles that the womens game have had to be taken more seriously.

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I suspect she makes more money off her Social Media shenanigans than she does from football. 

Article said she isnt a starter for Switzerland either so not really a star player for them

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Anybody else think it’s weird that she’s given up the chance to play in the womens Euros so she can spend the summer holidaying with Douglas Luiz? To carve out her career when the womens game was living in the shadows of the mens and then just as it’s getting some more  attention to turn down the opportunity to play for her country at a major tournament to follow a bloke around is an odd choice. Maybe not, I dunno. 

My initial reaction to the news, and it's nothing but pure speculation: Her ex still plays for the national team and she's not interested in dealing with all that right now.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Go on her Instagram, you'll see there's only one reason she is missing out on joining the national team. DL, smitten, living the dream.

Well exactly, that’s my point. Men’s Euros, even the fringe players drag their WAGs around the continent. Wouldn’t dream of not being involved. She’s done the reverse. Her life tho and she seems v happy. 

9 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Well exactly, that’s my point. Men’s Euros, even the fringe players drag their WAGs around the continent. Wouldn’t dream of not being involved. She’s done the reverse. Her life tho and she seems v happy. 

I would say he focus tailed off too. Awful in the last few womens Villa games I watched.

57 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

My initial reaction to the news, and it's nothing but pure speculation: Her ex still plays for the national team and she's not interested in dealing with all that right now.

Was about to post the same thing. I think her ex is quite popular among the squad and one of their best players as well so maybe the breakup hasn’t gone down too well with that lot… could be a number of reasons to be fair. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I would say he focus tailed off too. Awful in the last few womens Villa games I watched.

Didn't she win player of the season? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Ada Hegerberg one of the best players in the world had a 5 year hiatus from international football. 

Not to mention a few men have refused World Cup and Euro callups before

• 1 month later...
Ă—
Ă—
Ă‚