Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

Just now, villa4europe said:

Grealish is too slow on the ball... 

As I sit and watch 2 ponderous words removed instead 

Don't think Grealish would work in this disconnected mess. Bar Sancho I don't think any other winger would work 

Is this the way to Amarillo...

Southgate's got me reaching for my pillow...

Is this the way to Amarillo...

Cause his tactics are depressing me.

Shaala laa laa laa la laaa!..

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Grealish is England's best player, it's a scandal that he's not playing. England have a much better chance of winning with him on the pitch than with him on the bench.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

If Kane admits he’s injured but still robbed a place in the team then he should never play for England again.

Why though? He's not putting the names on the team sheet.

It IS criminal there's no alternative available to the manager... Which is one man's fault and one man only.

• Like 1

Just now, gwi1890 said:

I can see it being a Torres scenario repeat , he goes fo big money and flops badly 

Yup, starting to look like he only works in a certain system, or in his comfort zone. It really is like that for some players you know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Can anybody explain what type of player Kane is, I can sum up Ollie Watkins as a pressing forward and composed finisher in the box, Lukaku a brute force who can out muscle and out pace most players,  Kiefer Moore a target man who scores with his head.  Kane I have now idea how to sum him up 

A world class centre forward usually...

Just now, jacketspuds said:

We don’t need 5 defenders and 2 DM’s against this German team. We have shown that we can press them and cause them big problems. We need more creativity.

Yes and what is the point of Shaw as LWB he has hardly got forward. I would have preferred Saka in that position and get another forward on. 

On a second viewing Rice very lucky to not get a red there for that shirt pull. Same thing with Phillips for that tackle. Wales got a red for a identical one.

Muller and Kane have been the worst players on the pitch

Germany look old, weak and slow through the middle in the final third, if only we had players on the pitch who could drive at them with the ball...

However, its been worrying how easily Germany have got a man through the middle nearly 1 on 1 several times, considering we have 5 defenders and 2 holding midfielders 

Just now, useless said:

Grealish is England's best player, it's a scandal that he's not playing. England have a much better chance of winning with him on the pitch than with him on the bench.

Can you imagine De Bruyne, Messi, Ronaldo, Memphis, or Mbappe not playing for their countries because of their "lack of defensive contribution"?  It would be a surefire way to get the manager of their team's sacked...

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Why though? He's not putting the names on the team sheet.

It IS criminal there's no alternative available to the manager... Which is one man's fault and one man only.

If he’s telling Gareth he’s fit to play, but carrying an injury knowing he’s not going to perform he should rule himself out.

Gareth is culpable too for continue to pick him.

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

We don’t need 5 defenders and 2 DM’s against this German team. We have shown that we can press them and cause them big problems. We need more creativity.

Totally agree. The reason our attacks haven’t worked is because theres only ever two people in their half.

Â