Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

What's real bad for them is if we can manage to make a deal for anything under 35 million. Most fans say dont deal unless it's over 50 mill, so I spose if we bagged him for as little as possible then and it were under 40, it'd be enough for fans to bring the (sack the Owner) signs out.

Just now, stegzy said:

I think the owners would like to consider it but wouldn’t want to risk the wrath of the fans so will ultimately give him what he wants.

ESR had an absolute stormer. 

Just now, stegzy said:

I think the owners would like to consider it but wouldn’t want to risk the wrath of the fans so will ultimately give him what he wants.

We know their owners don’t care what their fans think with many of their decisions.  If their owners think this is the right move they’ll just ignore the fans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Don’t resist it’s a world of fun!

I've seen our fans all over twitter all day winding them up and I think it's stems mainly from how Arsenal have always or think they are a bigger club than us.

1 minute ago, stegzy said:

I think history will tell that the Arsenal owners couldn’t care less about their fans. It’s almost enough to make you feel sorry for them. Almost!

2 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

ESR had an absolute stormer. 

Our interest has probably added £20k a week on to his negotiation, maybe more? 5 year deal

We could have bagged him £5.2m while he was off enjoying his holiday doing nothing 

Or even better he could come and play for us...

• Like 2

Just now, Dave-R said:

I've seen our fans all over twitter all day winding them up and I think it's stems mainly from how Arsenal have always or think they are a bigger club than us.

Most definitely and they double peeved us off during the condescending conversations during the Buendia deal, which was so sweet at the end although they tried to deny us that saying they weren’t that interested or some BS about the sell on clause.  If this came off there is no explaining this.

If we don’t get him, it’s no big deal to us as we were never expected to get him.  If we get him, then Arsenal is going to go into meltdown.

30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Most definitely and they double peeved us off during the condescending conversations during the Buendia deal, which was so sweet at the end although they tried to deny us that saying they weren’t that interested or some BS about the sell on clause.  If this came off there is no explaining this.

If we don’t get him, it’s no big deal to us as we were never expected to get him.  If we get him, then Arsenal is going to go into meltdown.

I've really got to wonder if someone at Arsenal has pissed the our owners off.

This is a strange one for me.

What if some of the condescending tones from some of their fans were echoed. at board level and word got back to us? lol

We are usually " nice guys " in the market. Then again, that might well have been a part of our problem.

52 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Not just our fans. "Arsenal in the mud" seems popular comment 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've really got to wonder if someone at Arsenal has pissed the our owners off.

This is a strange one for me.

What if some of the condescending tones from some of their fans were echoed. at board level and word got back to us? lol

We are usually " nice guys " in the market. Then again, that might well have been a part of our problem.

I have no ITK but the only thing that makes sense is that we’ve been given encouragement by their club privately while publicly they have laughed at us.  Our people won’t care about that, they just want the deal done.

Loads of reasons why I think this but the small increments in bids really make me think this.  The bid increases are so small really that we must feel or know we are close to their valuation.  

It’s like when yo go to buy something, let’s say at a car boot sale.  You say 25 quid, you expect them to say 60 quid but when they actually say 40 quid your ears prick up.  You then say 30 quid, they say no it has to be 40 quid, so you say 32.5 quid…they say ok give me 35 quid and we have a deal.

If they say 70-80 quid, you either walk away or move your bid up substantially from 25 quid to 35-40 quid or more but the small increments seem to suggest there is a deal to be had and we are close.  

But even if we hit that price they may still turn us down because of external pressures.  If we agree a price, we must keep it quiet and sign quickly otherwise they may pull out from Arsenal public pressure.

I don’t think a deal will happen but I don’t think we are far away from their price.

• Like 3

No idea if we will sign him. Doesn’t seem like the new regime to chase a player they don’t think is gettable though. Think they would have already walk away without some encouragement!

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

So what you’re saying is basically, up The Villa we can take not getting him but it will be painful for them up the Arse? 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

So what you’re saying is basically, up The Villa we can take not getting him but it will be painful for them up the Arse? 

Arsenal up the Arse now that's an awful way to have Anal right?

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Arsenal up the Arse now that's an awful way to have Anal right?

No idea Dave, I was talking about football but whatever gets you through the summer mate…..🤣

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think its already done, we're just waiting for Jack to get back for the unveil/interviews

Or for them to secure his replacement? Choreography of the deal(s) is tricky for fan management. Not exactly a bed of roses over there as it is. 

• Like 1