James Ward-Prowse

dont_do_it_doug.

37 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Cantwell seems more likely with the 1 yr on his contract.

Sure I read they have an option of another year. If he only has a year left he may as well stay there. Will play every week and then will have the pick of a few clubs.

If they sell us JWP as well, Southampton may as well hand over the keys to their ground while they're at it. I'd love it, but can't see it happening.

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

One of the Southampton fans thinks we’ve overpaid for Ings in order to push through a deal for Ward-Prowse.

No idea how he came to that **** up logic but there you go.

surely it would be the other way around since Liverpool have a sell on clause on Ings

30 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If JWP leaves Southampton even not necessarily to us, I can see them having a hard season. Not sure how much ambition they are showing tbh. A few years ago they were bracketed with Leicester as the upwardly mobile clubs but have gone backwards massively.

It's all about a clubs ability to replace the players they've lost. Which is far from an easy process. Ings and JWP have been Southampton's best players and they've now lost one, they'll do everything to keep JWP I'm sure, but Ings goals have been key to their survival over the years and they need a replacement for that. 

41 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If JWP leaves Southampton even not necessarily to us, I can see them having a hard season. Not sure how much ambition they are showing tbh. A few years ago they were bracketed with Leicester as the upwardly mobile clubs but have gone backwards massively.

They were top of the table in November after about 10 games and then collapsed. Hassnhuttl wont see out the season one way or the other

16 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I would love him but I think it's nonsense from the get go because Southampton would never sell, they'd possibly be risking relegation, and he'd cost a fortune

You’ve been consistent and fair play to you, and I actually agree with you now and don’t think we will sign him for the reasons you state (in fact I wonder if someone leaked “Villa are after an England player from Southampton” or similar and it turned out to be Ings) but if by some slim chance we DO get him I hope you’ll send Paul Doyle a bunch of flowers ;)

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

Â