Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

Former Scotland manager Gordon Strachan has just been on BBC Radio 5 Live and says: "For me, please do not play Grealish. I wouldn’t like that as a Scotland supporter.

"I think he’s got so much going for him. As I said, 'please Gareth, leave him on the bench and keep him for the big games later on. For the final or something like that.'

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Former Scotland manager Gordon Strachan has just been on BBC Radio 5 Live and says: "For me, please do not play Grealish. I wouldn’t like that as a Scotland supporter.

"I think he’s got so much going for him. As I said, 'please Gareth, leave him on the bench and keep him for the big games later on. For the final or something like that.'

mcginn said similar. fortunately they'll get their wish probably

• Like 1

Who thinks it may not be a good idea to play Grealish against Scotland?

Adams, Dyk, Robertson, McTominay, Tierney, McGinn, Henry,  Southgate, Marshall, Hanley, Armstrong, Gilmore. Clarke.

Spot the odd one out.😂

Edited by foreveryoung

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Says it all doesn't it. Scotland have a history of producing great technical players and we have a man in charge of the nation still banging the pace and power hype.

• Like 2

From the videos my mate has sent me the Scots are certainly making the most of their trip to London. Many of them wasted by 10am :lol: 

Hopefully it all stays good natured and both sets of fans enjoy the day.

• Like 1

For what its worth, my prediction....

Scotland will raise their game (its against England after all), they will be winning 1 - 0 with 10 mins to go. Grealish comes on as sub, plays a blinder sets up chance after chance for our forwards who cannot hit a barn door.

Final result Scotland win and the wally in the waist coat resigns immediately after the game.

all the best

Del

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

From the videos my mate has sent me the Scots are certainly making the most of their trip to London. Many of them wasted by 10am :lol: 

I assume you’ve seen the kilt worm on the tube? 😂

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just been sent this one from earlier this morning.

There is still over 7 hours until kick off, by that I mean the kick off to the football, of course…

Edited by Mark Albrighton

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Euro 96 revisited currently on ITV4, showing the whole England v Scotland game.  

I'm just watching it. My overriding memory of euro 96 was my mate bringing cupcakes in to school for his 9th birthday that had the euro 96 logo on top.

Mmm I can still taste the logo.

EN

I've only just realised it's someone kicking an orange ball.

• Haha 1

Paywall article but kinda sums up how silly this tournament and UEFA are.

Uefa threat over Euro 2020 final at Wembley

Football body warns it will take match from London to Hungary unless quarantine waived for 2,500 officials

Thousands of VIPs will be allowed into England without the need to quarantine under plans to stop the final of the European Championship being moved from Wembley to Budapest, The Times can reveal.

Ministers are discussing a proposal to exempt Uefa and Fifa officials, politicians, sponsors and broadcasters from having to self-isolate on arrival despite concerns that this could lead to an increase in coronavirus infections and provoke a backlash from the public.

About 2,500 designated VIPs attending games at Wembley would not have to abide by the quarantine restrictions imposed on ordinary travellers. They would be allowed to attend matches at Wembley during the knockout phase of the tournament as well as training sessions and meetings with the UK government.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/uefa-threat-euro-2020-final-quaranting-hungary-budapest-0f3jhc99v

• Like 1

Â