Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

There still is 2 Villa players on the pitch.

Plenty of reasons to feel excited from a villa perspective despite jack not starting

Twice as many as QPR. Consider me elated.

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Hopefully Grealish starts the last game if we win tonight. Such a unique talent it’s frustrating to see Southgate overlook him like this.

Yup, let Sterling get some rest before the knockout round.

Honestly don't even think I can be bothered watching this shite tonight

• Like 1

England should still have more than enough to beat Scotland, even without Grealish. Sterling and Mount should destroy Grant Hanley and O’Donnel down our left. We have superior quality all over the pitch, then you look at our bench versus Scotland’s 😳

Really hope Jack gets some time today, he’d have that defence for breakfast. 

24 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

How does Walker go from starting RB and a clean sheet to not even being in the squad? 

Bloke is making it up as he goes. 

Southgate is just a grade A muppet. The sooner he goes the better otherwise it’s a waste of the talent available to him. 

9 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

There's got to be a reason behind it. I hope it's not personal as some have suggested. Maybe one day we'll find out. 

It really isn't for me. 1. We won the opening game, and Sterling scored. Him keeping his place therefore seems fair enough, consideration of his overall performance aside, that's fine. Mount and Foden also good players. I mean the players ahead of Grealish so far have this season won either the Premier League or the Champions League. I want Grealish to start, but I understand why he hasn't yet. 

2. Fitness, he's kept Mings and not replaced him with Maguire. I think the manager favours established fitness. Grealish has been training on his own, and Southgate talked about managing his workload in the run up. He played two warm up games. Occams Razor = Southgate is not a conspiracy loon and does like Jack, but is just cautious in terms of fitness and not taking risks. 

I really don't think it's more complicated than that. The other players have established themselves in the side during qualifiers and to an extent Southgate is giving them priority at the moment. I have no doubt though, that Grealish, giving performances we know he can, be it as a sub this evening, or a game against the Czech's will see him push himself into those spots. 

I am baffled by some of the hysteria around it myself. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so, whats the betting we s*it a win while performing badly, then get praised for the usual Southgate masterstroke????

Probably bang on.

The evil voice in my head is hoping we lose to these and the Czechs heavily and get knocked out so we can dump the buffoon and appoint someone that can give us a shot at next year's World Cup. 

Have to put that to one side and hope for the best.

Â