Euro 2020 : Group D (England, Scotland, Croatia, Czechia)

BOF

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Re: Sterling, we are all entitled to change our opinion.

Seems he's had a poor season but he scored a goal for England in the European Championship which is great!

Aside from the goal I didn’t think he played well, but goals are what it’s about. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Re: Sterling, we are all entitled to change our opinion.

Seems he's had a poor season but he scored a goal for England in the European Championship which is great!

Absolutely.

He did not play well though. He was OK. Not great, not terrible.

If that goal had gone right into the keeper's gut as he scuffed it goalward and we drew 0-0 people would be claiming he was in fact terrible and losing their mind Jack didn't start.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Aside from the goal I didn’t think he played well, but goals are what it’s about. 

I agree.

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Absolutely.

He did not play well though. He was OK. Not great, not terrible.

If that goal had gone right into the keeper's gut as he scuffed it goalward and we drew 0-0 people would be claiming he was in fact terrible and losing their mind Jack didn't start.

Again, agreed.

Jack Grealish is far better than him and he would have created far more. Thing is Stirling has a good goalscoring record for England which is why he starts.

I'm not sure where all the hype for Philips has come from. He was good but he wasn't pressured for the ball at all. It was leisurely from the Croats and they didn't press. I think once the temperatures are a bit more normal and you have a high press team he'll be a bit of a liability.

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Hopefully this is standard procedure with Jack at the moment and no new injury development.

Jack was sent to train alone for being some weirdo trying to pass the ball in training 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I'm not sure where all the hype for Philips has come from. He was good but he wasn't pressured for the ball at all. It was leisurely from the Croats and they didn't press. I think once the temperatures are a bit more normal and you have a high press team he'll be a bit of a liability.

You might be right but you have to give him credit. he was the best player on the pitch

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

For those lambasting Pickford. Pray for him now to stay fit.

Sorry state of affairs.

Thought Johnstone played well end of the season and in the warm ups so he's not a terrible reserve to come in apart from lack of experience at this level.

Ramsdale is total s*** though, rather call up Jed.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

3k Scots I think are coming.

I think you may need to rephrase that slightly. 😂

3k inside Wembley, and God knows how many more thousand will be heading to London for the day/weekend on the lash!

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Lucky you! I had 4 tickets for the Scotland game (purchased 2 years back) but missed out in the ballot when they announced the attendance restrictions. 

Me too, fewmin', I'm holding out hopes to get one for the first knockout game at Wembley if more are allowed in.

• Like 1

Â