Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Nothing worked for him 1st half, although i will say at least he never hid and still tried to put himself about, which is more than can be said for others.

2nd half he was central to anything good we did.

Weirdly, although his nominal position was out on the right 2nd half, nearly all of his good work came down the middle; he seems to naturally gravitate there. However, if he's designated to play in the middle, he looks nowhere near the same player; it's like some strange mental block.

He was great second half. Our best player. Get the balance of the team right and he will be class. Our awful midfield is killing us. If someone offered me £15m plus for McGinn I would (regrettably) accept it. He is a top bloke and a decent player but he totally unbalances us.

• Like 1

Not sure what the huge shock is, he's just not that good imo. I know people will go "stats at Norwich" but he's not the first player to look good in relegated team and championship and struggle to step up to team that wants to push higher.

Of course a player like him will always pop up during the season with some quality moments as he has done during games e.g. Brentford goal and the nice assist last week. For 30m + though you want someone who can constantly get oppo defences on the backfoot when he gets the ball in final third.

So far he's been less productive than Barkley was for us after his first 10 games so hopefully it's the opposite and he'll improve soon while Barkley just faded into obscurity.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I love how he plays unpredictable passes that others wouldn't see. Guy is the least of our worries. He will come good, very good.

Yes totally agree. hes a very very good player who will only get better. 

• Like 3

i think he will come good , he ripped up the championship.

when villa go down he must stay as he can do it in championship .

hes done nothing the prem ever , with villa or norwich .

at 40m its a snip when you think no one will buy him off villa & you have a ready made player for the championship.

in short -a clucking waste of 40m spent, very poor

• Confused 1

I am Villa for many years , i from an foreign land , i observe there’s a obvious difference preference for certain of players in the midland. 
I observe many here prefer their midfielder to do everything themselves, tackle / drive on / box to box , more steel, in the mould of Yaya Toure / Ian Taylor etc . 
The smaller creative type with technical skill / guile / movement / passing skill etc a ala David Silva / Foden is not appreciated as muchI. Wheteelse the London teams are more receptive to the smaller Modric/ Eriksen / David Silva etc of the world., City even erecting a statue for Silva..

Just a observation over the years 

• Like 3

Was better second half but yet another massive over reaction on here. When he plays better, he’s a no.10 when his rubbish, he’s being played in the wrong position. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a signing defended so much. There are times when he needs to release the ball earlier, isn’t good or strong enough to hold on to it. He’s a much better player when he plays on his instinct.

3 hours ago, cbr600rr said:

i think he will come good , he ripped up the championship.

when villa go down he must stay as he can do it in championship .

hes done nothing the prem ever , with villa or norwich .

at 40m its a snip when you think no one will buy him off villa & you have a ready made player for the championship.

in short -a clucking waste of 40m spent, very poor

Yeah nothing in the Prem, just third in chances created behind KDB and Jack when he was with Norwich.

Smith still thinks he's a No.10 until he realised AGAIN half way through the game he's not a No. 10. He's been absolutely dicked about.

Fitness is a worry through the whole squad. It's the PL. Hard graft is expected and you shouldn't be framing after 70 mins.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure what the huge shock is, he's just not that good imo. I know people will go "stats at Norwich" but he's not the first player to look good in relegated team and championship and struggle to step up to team that wants to push higher.

Of course a player like him will always pop up during the season with some quality moments as he has done during games e.g. Brentford goal and the nice assist last week. For 30m + though you want someone who can constantly get oppo defences on the backfoot when he gets the ball in final third.

So far he's been less productive than Barkley was for us after his first 10 games so hopefully it's the opposite and he'll improve soon while Barkley just faded into obscurity.

He was our best attacker last night

• Like 1

He would’ve been great for us last season. 

Think he’s guilty of trying too hard and dwells on the ball too long. Clearly has a good footballing brain. Just isn’t working for him at the moment but then he’s in a team that’s clueless right now too. 

Edited by roonst83

I think he's still getting used to the speed of the league. He's in that trance that most of our team was at this stage in 19/20 including Jack Grealish. You can very obviously see his quality though. Once he gets to grips with how much time he actually has on the ball, he'll be absolutely deadly. I think only De Bruyne in this league can see and execute the through balls that he can.

Â