Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, Awol said:

Not in their squad, and if things click on the pitch for us in his absence he’ll be on the bench here, too. 

There’s no doubt we play better with a 3 man midfield, if Sanson does well with Luiz and McGinn, with Bailey, Ings and Ollie up front, Buendia might not get back in for a while.

I really think El Ghazi will start all those games so one of Bailey, Ings, Watkins on bench for Chelsea and United I think.

We might go 4 4 2 at home to Everton 

23 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I feel a bit for Buendia. His best chance of a cap is in that third fixture. It puts him in a difficult place really. If he gets told that he would play in the third match and he decides to stay then I would be ok with it. In the long run he will only benefit from such experience and in turn be a better player for us.

Playing one game against a terrible side like Bolivia is going to make him a better player for Villa than staying at Villa and playing against Premier League teams. OK then...

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I really think El Ghazi will start all those games so one of Bailey, Ings, Watkins on bench for Chelsea and United I think.

If AEG plays like he did last match he will take some shifting for sure. History will tell us that he is more likely to turn in a stinker and get hauled off at half time.

• Like 1

Just now, Risso said:

Playing one game against a terrible side like Bolivia is going to make him a better player for Villa than staying at Villa and playing against Premier League teams. OK then...

It’s not the opposition. It’s the fact that he will have become an international player. That gives you status and confidence. 

51 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

If AEG plays like he did last match he will take some shifting for sure. History will tell us that he is more likely to turn in a stinker and get hauled off at half time.

Remember how long it took Traore to start ahead of Trez too. Dean wants the new signings to earn their spot. 

I do however think Watkins and Bailey need to start at Chelsea and United as they have pace to hit on the counter and will force the Chelsea defence to sit a little deeper than normally do helping out our midfield by giving more space. 

I think 3 5 2 with Bailey Watkins up top and Ings can come off bench to make it 3 4 3 if we need to get a goal. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

You can see the way it's going can't you? Messi apparently limping off the plane going to Brazil so they'll play him v them then release him early back to Paris and play Buendia v Bolvia so ruling him out of pretty much all our September games!

Sooner we get into europe and can start dictating things on our terms the better. No chance we will release these two for the October and November games anyway if they go back on their word to release them after Sunday.

Edit: Argentina actually named 12 subs last night so he's well down the pecking order in the squad, very much 24th or 25th man.

Romero didn't make the squad either 

8 hours ago, CVByrne said:

If Watkins, Ings and Bailey are fit for selection but one gets benched for AEG I’d wonder what Deano was doing tbh. 

In a 4-4-2 I’d also start JPB on the left over El Ghazi. 

15 minutes ago, a m ole said:

If that’s the case, might as well just send them back?

Argentina have been real dicks about this.

We shouldn't be surprised at all by this.

Fair play to Villa for being cool with both Emi's on this, we have the moral high ground (whatever that is worth these days in the footballing world).

• Like 1

So 10 days quarantine in Brazil then 10 days quarantine in Croatia . Going to make it even worse for us 

Scrap that . 14 days quarantine for anyone who has been in the UK 14 days or less ago ... 

Edited by MWARLEY2

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

So 10 days quarantine in Brazil then 10 days quarantine in Croatia . Going to make it even worse for us 

Scrap that . 14 days quarantine for anyone who has been in the UK 14 days or less ago ... 

What would the reason for them staying in Brazil be? 

37 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If they are told they have to quarantine for 10-14 days, they'll release them instead? There's no point in them hanging around in a Rio hotel?

Or make/ask them stay for Bolivia? 

Presume the fixture could be flipped and played either in Argentina or elsewhere. Game needs playing according to FIFA :rant:

• Sad 1

So would they have to complete the full quarantine period in Brazil before they could travel back to the UK? What a farce. Argentina and Brazil must have been aware of this crap before they left? 

Whilst the club have done good by the players in letting them go initially, we should have made sure they were good to go too. Unless it wasn't known previously.

Ugh, what a mess. I'm going to sleep. Probably end up dreaming about Neymar taking a shite on my chest to compound the gloom. 

• Like 1

Â