Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

So they will have to now quarantine 14 days in Brazil, then back to the UK and quarantine for 10 days here? They'll clear quarantine just in time for the next international game they have on 7th October, in Paraguay? 

I didn't realise they'd already travelled. Yeah, this is bad.

Brazil in a mess with covid. Their government would probably quite like the easy win of taking Argentina's goalkeeper out of their match while showing the public they're taking restrictions seriously.

This could be a case we now have with FIFA if it comes to it. Our players have travelled and not been looked after at all. Basically been thrown into quarantine.

Clearly as well...this all could have been avoided and they could have come back after the first game and still just miss the one PL game as was planned.

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It has been sorted. 

Either way, as far as I know they can't legally be held in Brazil. They just couldn't enter Brazil. So no, it wouldn't have meant 24 days isolation in 2 different countries, there would have been zero point them staying in Brazil. 

That’s what I thought. Why isolate there if have no intention of staying? Just head back to Argentina. Pack your shit and get the hell out of there.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It has been sorted. 

Either way, as far as I know they can't legally be held in Brazil. They just couldn't enter Brazil. So no, it wouldn't have meant 24 days isolation in 2 different countries, there would have been zero point them staying in Brazil. 

Hiya . So to clarify are they being sent back to Argentina or have they done a deal so they play and then leave ? 

One thing is for sure, it's caused an unnecessary drama and headache for the club.

I was in favour of letting them go originally, but I think this should all count as a lesson learned for the club, et al.

The majority of other clubs clearly didn't trust the South American FAs (and/or protocols) enough to release their players for these games; it seems we shouldn't have either.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

All to hold a disruptive, morally repugnant World Cup in the middle of our season. What's the death count up to now? **** FIFA and **** Qatar. Don't watch that bullshit. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

One thing is for sure, it's caused an unnecessary drama and headache for the club.

I was in favour of letting them go originally, but I think this should all count as a lesson learned for the club, et al.

The majority of other clubs clearly didn't trust the South American FAs (and/or protocols) enough to release their players for these games; it seems we shouldn't have either.

Club were in a difficult position. Spurs too. It seems to me this is down to the Argentina manager being a word removed. Putting pressure on players by saying they’d be dropped if missed qualifiers. All very unnecessary considering the circumstances.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Club were in a difficult position. Spurs too. It seems to me this is down to the Argentina manager being a word removed. Putting pressure on players by saying they’d be dropped if missed qualifiers. All very unnecessary considering the circumstances.

Where do you draw the line though? And what sort of message does this send to other nations? Put a small bit of pressure on Villa players in a similar situation and the club will release them.

Think we need to toughen up and suffer the consequences if the players aren't happy. Other clubs are willing to do it, like it or not we need to act bigger now.

Â