Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

36 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I had a dream last night Norwich beat us 2-1 and Buendia scored the winner for them. Also Matt Cash was sent off but he was actually Targett.

Clearly mistaken identity. It will be rescinded

• Like 1

If you'd told me at the start of the season we would beat Everton 3-0 without Buendia in the team, I'd have called you crazy.

We will be an ever better team with him in the starting 11, and it's great we can perform so well without him (obviously with Bailey). We are a much better squad than last season, even if our best 11 is arguably only just better than last year's (and even for some maybe slightly worse).

On 18/09/2021 at 20:57, villalad21 said:

There are consequences for bad actions. 

Or we had a midfield 3 that had an excellent game against Chelsea, despite the result, and the manager decided to stick with those players for the next game. Unlike with the GK position where Steer didn’t exactly have a blinder in our previous game.

What sort of message does it send to the rest of the squad, and the younger players who are looking for a pathway into the first team, if Smith dropped Ramsey for Buendia after he put in a very good performance in his last match.

Plus, did Buendia actually play a match whilst on international duty? If not, he could have been lacking some match fitness as well.

Buendia will have seen what Bailey did against Everton, including the reaction from the fans, and will be determined to impress at the earliest opportunity.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2021 at 22:43, wilko154 said:

Don't really get the comments about Buendia and Argentina; we allowed him to go. He hasn't done anything wrong.

He'll be back in the team soon. The great thing is we can leave out players like Buendia and still win games.

Not sure why in a World Cup cycle anyone would expect a player to reject a call up and the chance to make his debut for his national team

• Like 4

Â