Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

A bit harsh, no?

I don't think so, not with the amount of games they potentially miss. 

I get its a hard decision for them but ultimately Aston Villa are the ones giving him his monthly pay. 

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Same as Martinez, goes down in my books if he leaves and chooses to miss games. 

What will they miss? I presume they'll be back in time for the games but the quarantine period will then take effect - when would they be back if they go away with Argentina?

Nice goal, there seemed to be a lot of concern that he only scored twice the last time he was in the Premier League, so it's good to see that he's got an early one this time around. Will look even better when the likes of Watkins and Bailey come into the side for him to link up with.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What will they miss? I presume they'll be back in time for the games but the quarantine period will then take effect - when would they be back if they go away with Argentina?

Someone did a very detailed breakdown in the Martinez thread. Well worth a read. 

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Buendia will miss Chelsea, Everton & Chelsea in the cup.

57 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They one pass he played through that Ings didn’t expect was fantastic vision. He’s quality but lacks strength.

That pass was amazing. 

You’re right though, he does lack a bit of strength and pace. If he had those though, he’d be at Man City.

This isn’t a slight on him at all, but those comparing him to Grealish and as a direct replacement for him are miles off. I think Buendia will be just fine for us, but in terms of ability, he’s nowhere near as good as Grealish. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That pass was amazing. 

You’re right though, he does lack a bit of strength and pace. If he had those though, he’d be at Man City.

This isn’t a slight on him at all, but those comparing him to Grealish and as a direct replacement for him are miles off. I think Buendia will be just fine for us, but in terms of ability, he’s nowhere near as good as Grealish. 

No he isn’t as good but better at Least he’s 10 times better at shooting 

• Like 2

How is it that the richest/most influential domestic league in the world can't work out some kind of deal with it's government to get their multi-million £ assets safely out and back into the country without some crazy long quarantine involved. Why cant the players be tested every couple of days or make the vaccine available to them given the nature of their work.

This whole thing is bureaucratic nonsense and places the players in an impossible situation. So dumb. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

How is it that the richest/most influential domestic league in the world can't work out some kind of deal with it's government to get their multi-million £ assets safely out and back into the country without some crazy long quarantine involved. Why cant the players be tested every couple of days or make the vaccine available to them given the nature of their work.

This whole thing is bureaucratic nonsense and places the players in an impossible situation. So dumb. 

There should be a rule that allows players to test out of the quarantine. Ridiculous to have them do 10 days if they test negative the first 3-4 days in a row.

12 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Pretty sure they're already vaccinated aren't they? Honestly the rules are **** ridiculous, especially when they're being tested so often anyway.

He'll get a lot better as well the team as they get more cohesive as a group. Not worried about his strength, more worried about his teammates not rushing to give him an option when he's up against 3 or 4 players 30 yards from goal.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Pretty sure they're already vaccinated aren't they? Honestly the rules are **** ridiculous, especially when they're being tested so often anyway.

If they are then it's even more ridiculous. Really hate the players are being made out to be the bag guys when it's the dumb rule that's the actual issue. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That pass was amazing. 

He’s such a different player from Grealish. It seems pretty clear to me that he was a replacement for Barkley, not Grealish.

He offers much more than Grealish positionally, defensively, overall work rate, and not being a complete clearing in the woods. And arguably is a better finisher. But yes he doesn’t have that X factor touch, dribbling and passing ability that makes Grealish a £100m player.

4 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Where’s all the posters that where writing him off gone?

It was a nice goal and he hit a really good pass to Cash at some point in second but again I thought he lost the ball too easily at times, spent plenty of second half just falling over (ref was rubbish in mitigation) and one occasion in first half Ings was making a good off the shoulder run and needed it play through and he massively overhit the pass.

He's improving but think people need to temper their expectations a bit given who he's replaced. I think Bailey once he's 100% will make far more difference to our season as he can really add extra dimension to our play.

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He’s such a different player from Grealish. It seems pretty clear to me that he was a replacement for Barkley, not Grealish.

He offers much more than Grealish positionally, defensively, overall work rate, and not being a complete clearing in the woods. And arguably is a better finisher. But yes he doesn’t have that X factor touch, dribbling and passing ability that makes Grealish a £100m player.

Agree with a lot of this but he certainly has passing ability.

I don’t think we were trying to bring actual replacements in or like for like players… just trying to strengthen as well as we could and attract/sign the best available options. We wanted to be more effective in attack and improve ball retention up there anyway…

If we really must compare then Buendia would be the replacement for Barkley and Bailey the replacement for the arsehole who ditched us. Ings is the outlier or shows that we want to set up differently… we still haven’t had a chance to see how he and Ollie will link up. Haven’t had a chance to see much of our new players and how we will actually play with our strongest side either…

Can’t wait to see Bailey in our side.

Edited by Jas10

58 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That pass was amazing. 

He cost us £40m so if he’s 40% as good as grealish that makes him good value in my book

Â