Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

They've deliberately chosen a weakened squad so as not to annoy European football leagues - it's not what FIFA wanted them to do. There's no rule break as you say, they can pick who they choose, but they're been very selective in how they've done that. Argentina are acting in exactly the way that the folks at FIFA would want them to.

I'm not saying the rule isn't headscratchingly batshit, just that the Argies are doing what they're supposed to in selecting the players.

It doesn’t matter what FIFA want, Brazil have isolation rules in place. Argentina have according to reports lied to Brazilian authorities regarding the players isolation period. The Argentinians were fully aware of the these rules before entering Brazil and ignored them. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Why has he even gone out there if he doesn’t make the squad? 

Infuriating from a club perspective.  Martinez I can understand his desperation as he's now their number one but as you say Buendia doesn't even make the bench.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if Buendia is going to find himself in a catch 22 situation in his quest for international selection with Argentina. He won’t get a chance if he turns down a call-up due to Covid regulations/quarantining, but if he does go along he risks losing his place in the Villa team (as he looks to have done for tomorrow’s game) which would then hinder his chances of selection anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

I wonder if Buendia is going to find himself in a catch 22 situation in his quest for international selection with Argentina. He won’t get a chance if he turns down a call-up due to Covid regulations/quarantining, but if he does go along he risks losing his place in the Villa team (as he looks to have done for tomorrow’s game) which would then hinder his chances of selection anyway.

He needs to have a think because going and not making a squad is a big waste of everyone's time.

He'd be better off staying, playing and running the show for us until the March internationals. Make it impossible for them to drop him totally. You'll have big Emi there regardless banging the drum for him.

What will have changed after the Everton game when they're looking to go again? Even with a worldy he isn't going to jump from out the squad to starting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think it’s as simple as I might not make the squad so I’m not going. The Argentina manager seems like the kind of stubborn word removed to freeze you out if you declined a call up. 

I agree.

Tough decision but hopefully that Representative for Wellingborough will understand.

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Think he’ll have a productive season statwise; him and Ollie is such a good prospect

Yep, once up to speed, his perfect through balls to Watkins should account for a decent number of goals. Can’t wait to see this team settle and start performing. 

Really disappointing he went half way around the world to sit on the bench.

This will have put his progress back now for a good few weeks and he was hardly up to speed before he left.

23 minutes ago, jim said:

Really disappointing he went half way around the world to sit on the bench.

This will have put his progress back now for a good few weeks and he was hardly up to speed before he left.

Really horrible situation and has been effectively held to ransom by his own country who would have no doubt used his absence (had he not gone) against him for future selection. 

Â