Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

The thing i don't fully understand with the 2 Emis going off on international duty is they are both being tested regularly,  will no doubt be in some kind of bubble whilst away and will be tested again when they get back,  so why do they need to isolate.  It's a little different than it's going off on our hols for a fortnight isn't it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

The thing i don't fully understand with the 2 Emis going off on international duty is they are both being tested regularly,  will no doubt be in some kind of bubble whilst away and will be tested again when they get back,  so why do they need to isolate.  It's a little different than it's going off on our hols for a fortnight isn't it?

Totally agree but there are no exceptions, unless you're a conservative politician of course. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Totally agree but there are no exceptions, unless you're a conservative politician of course. 

Next time there's a couple of by-elections round here we get them elected as MP's then - simples 😁

Edited by dubbs
  • Haha 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Well they should be that's the point they made them all play during the height of the pandemic for the nation's morale now they were treated differently then! 

I am hoping an agreement can be done as it's important for the players it's The World Cup at stake here not some friendly.

If we as a country are serious about holding a World Cup again we need to have friends in other FAs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Well they should be that's the point they made them all play during the height of the pandemic for the nation's morale now they were treated differently then! 

I am hoping an agreement can be done as it's important for the players it's The World Cup at stake here not some friendly.

If we as a country are serious about holding a World Cup again we need to have friends in other FAs.

That's the hope, no quarantine, no problem. As @dubbs said above, these are not regular holiday makers, they will have access to unlimited tests, possible private jets etc

surely a compromise is as easy as pie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

I’d agree with this is if more players from the sky 6 were involved in the current situation, as it stands it’s only our two and the armies at Spurs that are going to go against the rules and sting the clubs, doubt us and Spurs have enough leverage and/or clout to get this changed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Go and look where? Facebook? 

Nope, in the Martinez thread. Plenty of overreactions, I don’t see why you’re in denial about it.

I would imagine Facebook is the greatest shitshow there is, happy to steer clear.

People are making wild assumptions and overreacting. Turning on these guys without any knowledge of the situation.

If you want to be frustrated, why not focus that on the rules (which may change) rather than slandering our players? 

On a lighter and more positive note:

Well done Emi and congratulations on your first goal (have we forgotten to celebrate that?) for the club 👏

Looking forward to seeing him continuing to improve and link up with our better players when they reach full fitness.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I'll be disappointed if they go against the clubs wishes, but would hope that both they and the club are mature enough to not cut their noses off to spite their face. Negotiate an early return from international duty, agree a fine for missed games, whatever it takes to come to an amicable solution that means we all make the best of a farcical situation brought on by FIFA and Covid.

And that's exactly what has happened.  Wonderful stuff.  Everyone coming out of this looking respectable and sensible. Hopefully Emi B makes his debut and smashes it!

‘Romero, Lo Celso, Martinez and Buendia will go to an island in Croatia after the Argentina matches to train for 10 days. Once that period is over, they will return to their respective clubs and be able to join straight away.’

• Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

‘Romero, Lo Celso, Martinez and Buendia will go to an island in Croatia after the Argentina matches to train for 10 days. Once that period is over, they will return to their respective clubs and be able to join straight away.’

Well that's good. A far cry from what the doom and gloom prognosticators in this and the Martinez thread were envisioning.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So does that mean they're playing all friendly games? 

And it's good that they're training but does that change them missing all those games?

Well it means they won’t be sitting in a hotel room for ten days so they won’t be rusting when they get in. And, at least, for this initial break they will only miss the Chelsea game. 

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well it means they won’t be sitting in a hotel room for ten days so they won’t be rusting when they get in. And, at least, for this initial break they will only miss the Chelsea game. 

I do like the fact they'll be fit and ready. However that statement said Argentina games, I'm still worried they're going to play all of the friendly games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I do like the fact they'll be fit and ready. However that statement said Argentina games, I'm still worried they're going to play all of the friendly games.

Have we schedule more friendlies? I thought there was only talk of hoping to play some but nothing scheduled yet?

The same source for the news about the Croatin bit, says this, which doesn't look to be such good news (translated using Google translate)

"However, from the Argentine Football Association they flatly denied the version of the English club and assured TyC Sports that no footballer will return before time due to an agreement with their respective club, but that all will be available for the three duels: Venezuela and Brazil , as a visitor, and Bolivia in the Monumental."

https://www.tycsports.com/seleccion-argentina/seleccion-argentina-premier-league-aislamiento-dibu-martinez-cuti-romero-emiliano-buendia-giovani-lo-celso-id368840.html

12 minutes ago, Risso said:

The same source for the news about the Croatin bit, says this, which doesn't look to be such good news (translated using Google translate)

"However, from the Argentine Football Association they flatly denied the version of the English club and assured TyC Sports that no footballer will return before time due to an agreement with their respective club, but that all will be available for the three duels: Venezuela and Brazil , as a visitor, and Bolivia in the Monumental."

https://www.tycsports.com/seleccion-argentina/seleccion-argentina-premier-league-aislamiento-dibu-martinez-cuti-romero-emiliano-buendia-giovani-lo-celso-id368840.html

image.jpeg.cdacd2343cb418787aaea455591a69ba.jpeg

• Haha 3

Â