Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

18 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Agree with a lot of this but he certainly has passing ability.

Didn’t say he didn’t, but not sure he has that consistently perfect weight of pass that Grealish has. Still a very good passer, you’re right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Didn’t say he didn’t, but not sure he has that consistently perfect weight of pass that Grealish has. Still a very good passer, you’re right.

I think Emi’s passing is better, probably his greatest asset and he will surprise a lot of people. Dribbling and ability on the ball less so but he’s no slouch either.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I think Emi’s passing is better, probably his greatest asset and he will surprise a lot of people. Dribbling and ability on the ball less so but he’s no slouch either.

He certainly has an eye for an exquisite through ball. If we switch to 4-4-2 I could see him playing Watkins and Ings in several times a game.

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He certainly has an eye for an exquisite through ball. If we switch to 4-4-2 I could see him playing Watkins and Ings in several times a game.

Absolutely… don’t know how much you’ve seen of him but if you watch footage of him at Norwich you will be very impressed & excited… I doubt JG has ever pulled off quite those kind of assists/passes and as consistently too… is Emi a better finisher too?…

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think it's monumentally stupid to judge a signing after 3 games. He looked a lot sharper today though, lovely finish, range of passing on display and I expect more from him moving forward. 

You'd think most of us on here, are seasoned and experienced enough to know better as well 🤦🏿

How many times have we been down this road?

If he was some unknown quantity, I'd probably understand it a little more.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think it's monumentally stupid to judge a signing after 3 games. He looked a lot sharper today though, lovely finish, range of passing on display and I expect more from him moving forward. 

imagine when Bailey & Watkins come in to the team, and we actually have our actual "first 11" rolling!

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

imagine when Bailey & Watkins come in to the team, and we actually have our actual "first 11" rolling!

It's still live. But basically, him and his guys are sat around in Villa kits. Talking about the experience of their trip to the UK etc , and interviewing  the players etc. So far anyway.

Yeah his dad's a bit of a Jamaican Eddie Hearn🤣

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's still live. But basically, him and his guys are sat around in Villa kits. Talking about the experience of their trip to the UK etc , and interviewing  the players etc. So far anyway.

Yeah his dad's a bit of a Jamaican Eddie Hearn🤣

did u quote me in the wrong thread?? :P

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

did u quote me in the wrong thread?? :P

Oh, my bad, yes.... 🤦🏿🤣

In between laptop and phone, confusing myself.

VT always open on all my devices. I'm quite a sad individual. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 3

been saying it all along, so dont wanna repeat myself, but regardless of how he played the first game or so, this guy is class, top top class, anyone who questioned him after 1-2 games was mad tbh, that goal today was lovely, and the pass to Ings, once he settles fully / gets 100% fit, he is going to be a special player for us.

When we have our actual first 11 up and running, Buendia, Bailey, watkins and Ings are gonna make a mess of some teams for sure (& lets not forget Traore).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Wow what beautiful skill! That brilliant control with the inside of his heel cushioned the ball so perfectly into the right place... then the quick swivel, the little nudge and the great shot... each part perfect. Beautiful.

Edited by robby b

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

been saying it all along, so dont wanna repeat myself, but regardless of how he played the first game or so, this guy is class, top top class, anyone who questioned him after 1-2 games was mad tbh, that goal today was lovely, and the pass to Ings, once he settles fully / gets 100% fit, he is going to be a special player for us.

When we have our actual first 11 up and running, Buendia, Bailey, watkins and Ings are gonna make a mess of some teams for sure (& lets not forget Traore).

Better not forget Bertrand. The Triple B's are going to frighten every PL backline all season. 

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

That reads to me like he's not going, just recognising the fact there's a break.

It's harder for him as it would be his first "real" call up, and it's the kind of thing that you could see the Argentinian FA (or equivalent) taking to heart and holding against him for the rest of his career.

I'll be disappointed if they go against the clubs wishes, but would hope that both they and the club are mature enough to not cut their noses off to spite their face. Negotiate an early return from international duty, agree a fine for missed games, whatever it takes to come to an amicable solution that means we all make the best of a farcical situation brought on by FIFA and Covid.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

That reads to me like he's not going, just recognising the fact there's a break.

It's harder for him as it would be his first "real" call up, and it's the kind of thing that you could see the Argentinian FA (or equivalent) taking to heart and holding against him for the rest of his career.

I'll be disappointed if they go against the clubs wishes, but would hope that both they and the club are mature enough to not cut their noses off to spite their face. Negotiate an early return from international duty, agree a fine for missed games, whatever it takes to come to an amicable solution that means we all make the best of a farcical situation brought on by FIFA and Covid.

Who knows?

People are reading far too much into nothing… reading a Twitter post doesn’t make a person a mind reader (this is not aimed at you btw). So much bed wetting and people losing their shit over on the Martinez thread… why don’t we just wait and see what happens? Why do we always assume the worst?

We don’t know these guys, we don’t talk to these guys… hopefully some arrangement can be made such as a relaxation of rules or they miss a game or two… let’s see. Rather than carry out character assassinations over nothing… 🤦‍♂️

Fickle as hell, one moment we’re loving a player and then we turn on him over nothing or a completely hypothetical situation…

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Who knows?

People are reading far too much into nothing… reading a Twitter post doesn’t make a person a mind reader (this is not aimed at you btw). So much bed wetting and people losing their shit over on the Martinez thread… why don’t we just wait and see what happens? Why do we always assume the worst?

We don’t know these guys, we don’t talk to these guys… hopefully some arrangement can be made such as a relaxation of rules or they miss a game or two… let’s see. Rather than carry out character assassinations over nothing… 🤦‍♂️

Fickle as hell, one moment we’re loving a player and then we turn on him over nothing or a completely hypothetical situation…

Seriously, you damn well know some of the same posters talking about sending him to the bomb squad will be demanding loyalty during the next summer window. 

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Seriously, you damn well know some of the same posters talking about sending him to the bomb squad will be demanding loyalty during the next summer window. 

Go and have a look! People are already saying we should sack them!

WTAF??!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â