Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

26 minutes ago, WHY said:

Not sure there is a lot we can do about it, if it’s in their contracts. If Argentina call them up which is likely, they will go imo. Better get used to not having them around for the 3rd of the season. 

I honestly thought 5-6 prem teams had Argentine players and we and Spurs just got picked on as we had two of each (I thought Otamendi was still at Man. City for some reason).

Just annoying Man. United can click their fingers and Cavani gets pulled out of Uruguay squad. Chelsea also kept Thiago Silva. Think Brazil will want to call up Douglas Luiz for next round aswell to add to the issues.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

I honestly thought 5-6 prem teams had Argentine players and we and Spurs just got picked on as we had two of each (I thought Otamendi was still at Man. City for some reason).

Just annoying Man. United can click their fingers and Cavani gets pulled out of Uruguay squad. Chelsea also kept Thiago Silva. Think Brazil will want to call up Douglas Luiz for next round aswell to add to the issues.

Brazil didn’t call up any UK based players due to the 14 day isolation rule they have. WTF do Argentina think they can break the rules if Brazil aren’t.

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Never release this pair again for international duty until any covid regulations exist

I have seen you say this more than once today. You do understand that if we did that FIFA would just ban them, right? That’s the rules. They are really well established. Otherwise clubs would never release their players. 

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I have seen you say this more than once today. You do understand that if we did that FIFA would just ban them, right? That’s the rules. They are really well established. Otherwise clubs would never release their players. 

True, but these are different circumstances that are likely not accounted for in the rules.

5 minutes ago, WHY said:

Brazil didn’t call up any UK based players due to the 14 day isolation rule they have. WTF do Argentina think they can break the rules if Brazil aren’t.

In fairness, in this case it's Brazil who are bending the rules, Argentina are following them.

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My guess is the officials just want a pay off.  Negotiating it now. Game will continue. 

That is a bit of a wild accusation to be fair, are you really accusing officials from another country of looking for a bribe to bring a very public diplomatic wrangle to an end?

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Brazil in a mess with covid. Their government would probably quite like the easy win of taking Argentina's goalkeeper out of their match while showing the public they're taking restrictions seriously.

Yep.

Waited for the game to kick-off so they could do this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WHY said:

What an absolute shambles, why even start the game if they weren’t happy with them playing. 

Health authorities went to the hotel to deport the players. Argentina brought them to the stadium 

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, in this case it's Brazil who are bending the rules, Argentina are following them.

How are they bending the rules? They can select whoever they want. They chose not to select players from the UK due to isolation rules. What sort of example would it set for the rest of the country, if millionaire footballers can flout the rules. Argentina have taken the piss and hopefully if backfires massively on them. 

22 minutes ago, WHY said:

How are they bending the rules? They can select whoever they want. They chose not to select players from the UK due to isolation rules. What sort of example would it set for the rest of the country, if millionaire footballers can flout the rules. Argentina have taken the piss and hopefully if backfires massively on them. 

They've deliberately chosen a weakened squad so as not to annoy European football leagues - it's not what FIFA wanted them to do. There's no rule break as you say, they can pick who they choose, but they're been very selective in how they've done that. Argentina are acting in exactly the way that the folks at FIFA would want them to.

I'm not saying the rule isn't headscratchingly batshit, just that the Argies are doing what they're supposed to in selecting the players.

Â