Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Norwich went down and I don’t recall him doing anything particularly special.

Traore and El Ghazi’s stats for this season look great but if you popped into those threads at any point this season you’d think they were both less than average players, so stats don’t always mean a lot.

What do their threads have to do with it? We’re also talking about specific stats that actually mean something unlike, say “blocks” by defenders, which can be very misleading. Chances created means the ball was put into a position where the attacker player had the opportunity to score a goal (regardless of whether or not they convert). He’s someone who could actually contribute what we’re missing to the team.

FWIW though, I don’t want Buendia at $40 million.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

‘tis a long running gag about Villareport.

Although historians and scholars have long since debated it’s origins, it stretches so far back, no one can say for certain when the joke first started.*

What experts do agree on however, is that it’s here to stay regardless as to whether it’s amusing or not. It has secured a longevity that Sherwood’s “facials” could only dream of.

Expect to see similar over the coming weeks.

Hide contents

it started a few years ago

Oh... lol, I guess?

40 million is a ridiculous price.

He's worth about 20 at most but Norwich don't need to sell hence the hyperinflated price.

He's a decent player but not for that kind of money.

I hope we have other targets in mind.

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He's worth about 20 at most but Norwich don't need to sell hence the hyperinflated price.

How can he be worth 20 at most when most people agree on Watkins being worth the 33 er paid?

Buendia is PL proven, Watkins was not

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Funny how different opinions can be because I think £40m could be a bargain.

• Like 2

Buendia is basically prime Barkley just with consistency and work rate added. 

Considering this forums opinions on Barkley c. early November 2020 and his purported £40m price-tag, then Emi Buendia would be good value imo. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Any price is ridiculous but his stats in PL and Championship suggests it’s about right.  Anyway if he’s a success it’s a bargain, if he fails it will be bad business.  Same with any player at any high end price these days, it’s all a risk but his stats seem to reduce that risk

• Like 1

On 24/05/2021 at 11:27, Jareth said:

I wonder how long Lange has been conducting foreplay with him - it's a vital part of any signature - they must feel wanted. That's where Sherwood went wrong, with his full facials. 

The smile is all he needs...

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, MentalM said:

How can he be worth 20 at most when most people agree on Watkins being worth the 33 er paid?

Buendia is PL proven, Watkins was not

Some people still think in terms of prices when we were last in the PL.  A promoted team aren't going to sell their best player for £20m considering how much they'd earn if he helped them stay up.  If he is the one Dean wants then I can definitely see the owners sanctioning the money needed.  As you say Watkins, plus the likes of Cash and Martinez, have been worth spending whatever was needed to get them in.

• Like 1

If we’re considering the fee paid for Watkins to have been good value (it definitely has been & in this day and age or current market), then Buendia will certainly be too. Considering the fee is £30-40m. He will make at least the kind of impact last summers signings did… (I think more).

He’s going to be invaluable for both his attacking & creative contribution but also a huge help in our pressing and defending from the front approach.

Will add some welcome extra aggression and tenacity too.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â