Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Love Tammy.

Don’t see Villa spending £40m on a player who would most likely be a rotational option.

Also don’t see Tammy being particularly interested in the notion either. 

The only way I see Villa spending “big” on a striker (£25m+) is if Wes is sold.

On topic, Buendia, sounds like the sort of player we could have done with in Jack’s absence and if he’s as good as suggested the thought of both in the same side is intriguing. But have no real idea how good he is or if he’s worth in the region of £40m. As has been stated, Watkins for up to £33m has proved to be good business, so on the face of it, it’s not ridiculous.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Why not by both Tammy and Buendia and be done with it....Splitting hairs over 40m, what's the point. 75-80m on both. Gives us excellent forward options next season.

I doubt Tammy would move from Chelsea to Villa to be a backup.

And I don't think we'll be buying him to replace Watkins. Watkins will be first choice.

Tammy is a no go for me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

And I don't think we'll be buying him to replace Watkins. Watkins will be first choice.

Tammy is a no go for me

TBH Tammy might struggle to find a club high enough up the table, willing to spend the money chelsea want and guarantee him a starting place. If Kane leaves Spurs then possibly there but I don't see him being guaranteed anything elsewhere. 

I'm not thinking about replacing Ollie either but utilising him in a wide position is an option, if we can't get the right WF. 

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

TBH Tammy might struggle to find a club high enough up the table, willing to spend the money chelsea want and guarantee him a starting place. If Kane leaves Spurs then possibly there but I don't see him being guaranteed anything elsewhere. 

I'm not thinking about replacing Ollie either but utilising him in a wide position is an option, if we can't get the right WF. 

He will go to West Ham 

5 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

That's true but I think there will be clubs willing to hvae him as a first choice striker

I don't think he'd want to come here as backup, and neither do I think we'd be spending 40m on a backup striker

As others have said, I'd be far happier spending that on Buendia or a similar player

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I appreciate your pount about ollies work rate that cannot be faulted. But at the same time i remember tammy would ddop back deep to help out alot in the season.

He wasnt by any means a lazy striker. He is different to ollie too which i like. I do thing bith coukd be in the same team as well

I agree, Abraham isnt a lazy striker. His work rate is however just around average, I think we need more than that for how we play. Unless we do a 4-4-2 for a change later in the game (which I do not believe warrants spending 40 mill on right now).

Which areas of the pitch do you see us needing to strengthen the most?

As I mentioned earlier I would focus on LB (to compete with Targett), a DM and a CAM.  Pulling a random number from the hat I guess we will spend 100 mill this summer, since we spent alot the previous ones. I would then prefer 10 mill for LB, 45 mill DM 45 mill CAM, with interexchangable sums on DM and CAM. Striker is just not high enough on the agenda right now.

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Tammy is a no go for me

We'd only do something like that if we were going with 2 up top, 2 from a 3 of wes, watkins and tammy.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's true but I think there will be clubs willing to hvae him as a first choice striker

I don't think he'd want to come here as backup, and neither do I think we'd be spending 40m on a backup striker

As others have said, I'd be far happier spending that on Buendia or a similar player

You could be right...but we will potentially spend on a Buendia type player anyway. I think that's a given. I still think we should still bring in forward cover and let Davis go. That's my take...I don't really care who tbh as I trust those making the decisions. Been a long time since I could say that.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

You can't fake chance creation stats. Him and Jack were seriously impressive in that department last season, both in the top 10 in Europe.

That's fair enough, but they were both the focal point of their respective teams. The question is how this works when they are in the same team. It's a reason why a lot of the best teams have complimented their playmakers with workhorses.

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Tammy is a no go for me

I've said this a few times but just to repeat. Tammy has often said he prefers playing as a wide attacker not through the middle. He particularly likes cutting in from the left. If Jack is expected to play more centrally then having Tammy on the left is a great option.

5 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

You just sandblasted away all of the nuance dude.😀 

See I thought I was being clever, when all along you were playing on a higher level 👏

• Thanks 1

I rate Buendia and think he would be a very decent acquisition for us however I do think the £40M that's been touted is a little on the high side - But I suppose that's the market these days so it is what it is (£40M is the new £4M and all that).

Should he come to us, where do people see him start? Attacking midfielder or from the right?  I suppose he gives us a great option in both positions.

I think I would prefer him centrally but feel our weaknesses (or inconsistent performers) are on the flanks - so I hope we are still looking at improvements in those areas.

Â