Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

based on? is it the fact that they are a team in decline? the fact that they also cannot offer european football? the dull football they play? the huge rebuild job they have this summer? the embarrassing fanbase that are the joke of the country? the lack of any real world class talent they have in the squad (apart from maybe aubamayang)?

being based in london he wouldn't need to move as far...that's about the only reason i can think of as to why he'd choose them over us if the terms were on par

- Higher wages

- Finished higher in the table than Villa

- Pretty much always finishes in a European place, with 1 year being an anomaly out of the last 20 years.

- Part of the big scum 6 so will get more recognition for him.

- Part of a larger squad 

- London based

- Possibly will offer Norwich a higher transfer fee

- Their transfer kitty plus wage bill is around £350 million per year, so chances are they will bring in a few other top players as well.

- Bigger fanbase

- Nicer/newer stadium 

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

- Higher wages

- Finished higher in the table than Villa

- Pretty much always finishes in a European place, with 1 year being an anomaly out of the last 20 years.

- Part of the big scum 6 so will get more recognition for him.

- Part of a larger squad 

- London based

- Possibly will offer Norwich a higher transfer fee

- Their transfer kitty plus wage bill is around £350 million per year, so chances are they will bring in a few other top players as well.

- Bigger fanbase

- Nicer/newer stadium 

Won trophies recently, including under current manager.

I think Buendia and most players would choose Arsenal over us, but why are people ignoring the fact that both The Athletic and John Percy have pretty much said that he's their second choice if they can't get Ødegaard. The fact that he's second choice for Arsenal might one thing that would possibly sway him to join us instead of them.

• Like 2

Yeah think Arsenal focus is on Berge and Ødegaard. So if we go for him now and Norwich accept our bid then we see if Buendia wants to come, if he doesn't we move on to our next target. We did similar with Rashica, he didn't want to join (whatever the reason was) and we moved on and got Barkley on Loan or got Bert (whichever it was). I think Watkins deal was different as he was always going to sign we just got dragged around a bit by Brentford on that one. 

If Norwich want to reinvest their money in the playing squad wrapping up Buendias sale in June will help them surely. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

What do their threads have to do with it? We’re also talking about specific stats that actually mean something unlike, say “blocks” by defenders, which can be very misleading. Chances created means the ball was put into a position where the attacker player had the opportunity to score a goal (regardless of whether or not they convert). He’s someone who could actually contribute what we’re missing to the team.

FWIW though, I don’t want Buendia at $40 million.

90% of the chances created could be simple 3 yard passes - could be. I appreciate they probably weren’t but they could be, so it’s hardly cast iron evidence.

Im not saying he isn’t a decent or even good player, my concern is the fee being floated, we paid £10M for el ghazi, £20M for Traore, we’re talking double that for Buendia and I very much doubt we’ll see twice the returns we’ve seen in Traore and El Ghazi.

I don’t have a crystal ball, nor does anyone else, I’m just not entirely comfortable with splashing a large proportion of our probable transfer budget on this guy.

Buendia xG 11.77 and scored 15, his xA 12.51 and got 16.

So he's done well on the stats, scoring more for the chances created than he should and setting up more goals than would be expected.

While I agree with the sentiments above that, at the end of the day " Arsenal is Arsenal ", it's not the be all and end all for players.

So many variables go into a players thinking when it comes to moves .

Ollie could have gone to Tottenham with all the New Stadium, European Football, bigger global brand, " World Class Manager " etc. ( Regardless of Kane ) but he still chose us, Maybee not the best example but I'm sure there are others people can find 

Where they feel more at home, where feels " right ", where they might have a mate, opportunity to be a part of building something special and so on.

it's about how much you can sell the dream, and how much they believe.

Him and EMI having the same agent may seem trivial to some, but it's a huge bonus.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, useless said:

I think Buendia and most players would choose Arsenal over us, but why are people ignoring the fact that both The Athletic and John Percy have pretty much said that he's their second choice if they can't get Ødegaard. The fact that he's second choice for Arsenal might one thing that would possibly sway him to join us instead of them.

Perez said he wont sell to Arsenal because they pulled out of Super League 😂

From what I’ve seen of Buendia, which is the games he’s played in vs Villa, some highlights and YouTube compilations (yeah I know), his stats from the last two years and what people say about him. It sounds like he would improve our first team. For that reason I’m up for it, I can see where he fits in and what he would bring.

The fee (if right) of £40m doesn’t concern me too much, it’s not like it’s my money, and Nas and Wes have cash to burn. It does seem a lot but transfer fees have been stupid for longer than I care to remember. If we can afford it and Smith and co think he’ll make us better, that’s good enough for me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Perez said he wont sell to Arsenal because they pulled out of Super League 😂

Real Madrid’s bank manager might think differently about that. Funny to see the super league founders turn on each other though. 

Arsenal seek to see off Aston Villa by opening talks with Norwich over £40m-rated Emiliano Buendia | Daily Mail Online

Arsenal determined to see off Aston Villa and make Emiliano Buendia their first signing of the summer after Gunners open talks with Norwich over £40m-rated forward

The just couldn't help themselves could they::

Villa have Buendia’s compatriot Emiliano Martinez and want an attacking player who can give them a greater goal threat, particularly if Manchester City step up their interest in £100m-rated talisman Jack Grealish.

I love how they throw in these tidbits as if they have inside info from the club.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

55 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

90% of the chances created could be simple 3 yard passes - could be. I appreciate they probably weren’t but they could be, so it’s hardly cast iron evidence.

Im not saying he isn’t a decent or even good player, my concern is the fee being floated, we paid £10M for el ghazi, £20M for Traore, we’re talking double that for Buendia and I very much doubt we’ll see twice the returns we’ve seen in Traore and El Ghazi.

I don’t have a crystal ball, nor does anyone else, I’m just not entirely comfortable with splashing a large proportion of our probable transfer budget on this guy.

In his 1 season in the PL, he got 7 assists, which is more than Bert or Anwar ever got. Keep in mind he was playing for one of the worst teams in PL history (they only surpassed our points tally by 4 that year).

Chances created is a pretty revealing stat. Even if it is a simple 3 yard pass, the fact that it led to a shot on goal is significant. Look at the players who lead those stats, it's no surprise it's the most creative players in the league. Last year Buendia was up there with Jack, Bruno and De Bruyne for the most created. Even if they were all 3 yard passes, it's impressive. He's the real deal.

£40 million for buendia 

Or

£40 million for Berkley 

£40 million on buendia sounds very good value to me.

Would be surprised if we had to pay that amount in one go, I would expect if we are in for 3 x £40 million type players then 3/4 will be upfront with the rest spread around for the following financial year.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Uh-oh

Would be unusual for Percy to call it wrong. The beauty of being a Journo is never having to reveal your sources..

• Like 1

So it would seem that the Arsenal links are true and therefore I expect ours to be too. 

It’s now obviously down the wages, fees etc. 

Can’t see us beating them to the signing unless Norwich only accept our offer as it is much higher. 

Â