Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Being realistic if he has the choice of us or arsenal I genuinely will be surprised if he chose us. Ultimately they are still a more attractive proposition..

And before anyone mentions Martinez that's a completely different situation.

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Being realistic if he has the choice of us or arsenal I genuinely will be surprised if he chose us. Ultimately they are still a more attractive proposition..

Yeah but they are in a state at the moment and we are on the up 

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

based on? is it the fact that they are a team in decline? the fact that they also cannot offer european football? the dull football they play? the huge rebuild job they have this summer? the embarrassing fanbase that are the joke of the country? the lack of any real world class talent they have in the squad (apart from maybe aubamayang)?

being based in london he wouldn't need to move as far...that's about the only reason i can think of as to why he'd choose them over us if the terms were on par

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

But we know we have money for both so why not get both? Having only one striker that we definitely know we can rely on next season is madness.  

Then that's fine. But the discussion was around either or.

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the huge rebuild job they have this summer?

You must be referring to the huge rebuild (and subsequent disaster after disaster) that they have been undergoing since 2007?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

based on? is it the fact that they are a team in decline? the fact that they also cannot offer european football? the dull football they play? the huge rebuild job they have this summer? the embarrassing fanbase that are the joke of the country? the lack of any real world class talent they have in the squad (apart from maybe aubamayang)?

being based in london he wouldn't need to move as far...that's about the only reason i can think of as to why he'd choose them over us if the terms were on par

Based on all manner of factors you wish. Look we are all villa fans and think we are better than we actually are I get that and that is fine. And yes Arsenal at the moment are not the side they once were and may never be again yet they still finished above us, they can most likely offer higher wages after years and years of unbroken European competition, they can offer the attraction of London (whatever that is, I think the place is a dump but whatever)

That's not shitting on us, but we are still a bit off Arsenal as a whole setup.  We are still recovering from years in the championship and as fans needs to keep the perspective even though we made terrific progress this past season. 

That said if we can sign him, it may show that behind the scenes things are more progressed than I am thinking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KangarooVillan said:

Wouldn’t Buendia play on the LW for us? He’s right footed and likes to cut in

He plays on the right and cuts in from there, even though he's apparently right footed. 

His through balls are so good. When was the last player we had who consistently played those? Even Jack isn't constantly threading through passes to Ollie like that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

If 6 eggs were 40p and 1 litre of milk was 40p you might think the eggs were better value too, but they're not going to help you if you're trying to make a cup of tea.

Eggsellent!! 

Arsenal fans think we keep Jack and sign Buendia we'll be European contenders for sure, not least because they're trying to sign those 2 players themselves. The people asking "is he really that good, I mean he plays in the Championship" will be in for a very pleasant surprise if he signs. We'll be so good to watch.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

If 6 eggs were 40p and 1 litre of milk was 40p you might think the eggs were better value too, but they're not going to help you if you're trying to make a cup of tea.

Both are about a squid at the spar (sorry not the Rashica thread I know). 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

If he makes the same type of impact that Watkins has made to our squad then £40m would be a bargain. 

Exactly could easily be worth £60m in a years time having a bigger platform to shine with us , no disrespect to Norwich but I imagine his numbers in our front 4 would be much better 

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

Way to rain on our parade, Pissflaps. 

• Haha 3

Â