Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Just now, Keyblade said:

He's just the sort of player Arsenal need too, ugh. Was hoping they'd wallow in mediocrity for a while yet.

Hmm, not sure it’s their priority. They have ESR, Saka, Martinelli, Auba, Willian and Pepe who all tend to play across that front 3 behind the striker. Then there is Odegaard also on loan. They’re absolutely stacked in that position. 

Dropping further back, they have Partey and that’s about it in terms of decent defensive, box to box midfielders. Their defence is a mess. Bellerin is average and their centre halves are pretty rubbish too. 

I’d argue they need to spend their budget on centre backs and central midfielders rather than attacking players. They also had to sell players in order to find transfers last season. 

Im pretty sure we can blow them out of the water with wages and transfer fees tbh. With the likes of Heaton, Taylor, Elmo, Barkley etc. going, our squad actually is fairly small meaning we have room to spend big on 2/3 players (including wages) and it not become unsustainable.

So yes, I think Arsenal are in for him, but so are we and we’re a different animal these days. 

• Like 1

He's a good player and if our recruitment team want him then I'd be happy for us to sign him, but if he goes to Arsenal I hardly think it's the end of the world, and frankly would have thought they'd want better or someone more proven...

Also I don't really think that tweet says much more than we didn't already know from the Athletic and Telegraph articles both of which state Arsenal's interest, they're probably in contact with multiple players' agents as is every club in the premier league, doesn't mean they're going to sign all those players or even end up bidding for them.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He's just the sort of player Arsenal need too, ugh. Was hoping they'd wallow in mediocrity for a while yet.

I thought their top target was aouar and they have willcock back they will probably want to try out, due to his end of season shinanighans.

Unless of course we are after aouar and buendia is a smoke screen.

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Same journalist last year

Romano might make errors, but he's as good as there is for reporting on transfers. 

Easily the most respected journo out there on it.

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

Romano might make errors, but he's as good as there is for reporting on transfers. 

He didn’t tweet his signature statement so it’s all speculation still 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Yeh, you’re right, and that tweet actually ties in with what a fair amount of people were saying. We had agreed terms etc. but Werder wanted a higher fee. 

We’ll never know what happened with the Rashica transfer. On this one, as good as Percy is (at the backpost may I add), a Romano tweet like that is fairly ominous, I’d say. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hmm, not sure it’s their priority. They have ESR, Saka, Martinelli, Auba, Willian and Pepe who all tend to play across that front 3 behind the striker. Then there is Odegaard also on loan. They’re absolutely stacked in that position. 

Dropping further back, they have Partey and that’s about it in terms of decent defensive, box to box midfielders. Their defence is a mess. Bellerin is average and their centre halves are pretty rubbish too. 

I’d argue they need to spend their budget on centre backs and central midfielders rather than attacking players. They also had to sell players in order to find transfers last season. 

Im pretty sure we can blow them out of the water with wages and transfer fees tbh. With the likes of Heaton, Taylor, Elmo, Barkley etc. going, our squad actually is fairly small meaning we have room to spend big on 2/3 players (including wages) and it not become unsustainable.

So yes, I think Arsenal are in for him, but so are we and we’re a different animal these days. 

ESR is good but he's nowhere near as creative as EB. Odegaard has the potential to be given a run of games, but they really lacked creativity all year. No point having Auba and co up front if you can't get them the ball which is what they struggled to do and why their yield was so low this year.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

If we want him, I think we will get him. Villa has a special feel about it at the moment and Arsenal is pretty toxic.

If anyone can convince him of that it’s our Emi. He’s seen it from both sides of the fence and doubt he’d go back if offered. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Perez said he wont sell to Arsenal because they pulled out of Super League 😂

He really is a cockwomble of the absolute highest order isn’t he. 

Enjoy bancruptcy, shiteyes.

15 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

If we want him, I think we will get him. Villa has a special feel about it at the moment and Arsenal is pretty toxic.

I would like to believe it but we aren't more attractive than arsenal right now. 

Maybe in a couple more years. 

Â