Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

21 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Why would he be sacked? Arsenal have the 2nd best form in the League since Boxing Day. Clearly looks like they turned a corner in second half of the season. 

Just hard to see what would be reason to choose less wages and a less big name club and join us. Just setting expectations on this one

This is a name I haven't seen in a while! Welcome back!

(Sorry if you've been back for ages, I don't come into On Topic that much anymore)

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I know they play different positions but id rather apend 40m on tammy than buendia

I'd rather spend £70m on Buendia than £40m on Tammy. One would be perfect for us and have a massive impact on how we play, the other would be a great second choice striker but we don't have £40m for the bench

• Like 4

We bought Watkins last year, the best player in Championship that year.

Buendia has been the best player in Championship this year, and also has a record of performing in PL.

I do not understand if people say he isnt good enough, I can see the point if we should focus on other areas thou.

40 mill for Buendia isnt crazy or too much when Watkins came for 33.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'd rather spend £70m on Buendia than £40m on Tammy. One would be perfect for us and have a massive impact on how we play, the other would be a great second choice striker but we don't have £40m for the bench

No way would i. 

Why do people keep saying this? Competition for places if ollie performs he will stay in the team of he doesnt then his place will be under threat

If ollie gets a 2-3 month injury touch wood wont happen who we wgot davis who has scored a mighty one goal all sesson or wesley who has been out for 18 months.

We  need another striker in my view as well. If thw grealish injury has taight us something we need to ensure we can cope with injuries to key players

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We  need another striker in my view as well. If thw grealish injury has taight us something we need to ensure we can cope with injuries to key players

Yes, exactly. We need Buendia as the top priority because he’s creativity on toast, the thing that killed us when Jack was out. 

No point having a bucket of great finishers who never get chances. If Wes leaves or goes on loan then a player who can cover LF and ST is needed, Tammy does one thing very well. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

In his one season in the PL he was 4th in chances created (Would've been higher than Grealish if they had equivalent minutes), 4th in take ons (Which was better than Grealish) and he had more assists than Grealish in that season (7 to 6).

What are you on about?

Norwich went down and I don’t recall him doing anything particularly special.

Traore and El Ghazi’s stats for this season look great but if you popped into those threads at any point this season you’d think they were both less than average players, so stats don’t always mean a lot.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats so hard to understand if we have to 40m to spend on ONE player for me its tammy

Because it makes absolutely zero sense

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Yes, exactly. We need Buendia as the top priority because he’s creativity on toast, the thing that killed us when Jack was out. 

No point having a bucket of great finishers who never get chances. If Wes leaves or goes on loan then a player who can cover LF and ST is needed, Tammy does one thing very well. 

Im not saying i dont want buendia im saying if we had the choice of one 40m player it would be tammy.

I think buendia would be godi at the right price

Tammy was top scorer for Chelsea despite not playin at all under tuchel

Leicester have two quality strikersjn ichanecheo and vardy.

We should look at the same.

I mea  if we could get buendia and tammy that would be unbelievable 

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Norwich went down and I don’t recall him doing anything particularly special.

Traore and El Ghazi’s stats for this season look great but if you popped into those threads at any point this season you’d think they were both less than average players, so stats don’t always mean a lot.

You can't fake chance creation stats. Him and Jack were seriously impressive in that department last season, both in the top 10 in Europe.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not saying i dont want buendia im saying if we had the choice of one 40m player it would be tammy.

My greatest concern with Tammy is that when Grealish came back from injury in the promotion run, I felt Tammy became invisible in many matches. I know he scored 5 goals in 10 victories in a row, but I feel he did not contribute as much in total. Abraham is a great player, but I do not think he is the kind of player who we need to compete with Watkins. We clearly need a work horse upfront, and Tammy does not fit that bill to me.

To clarify: another striker would be great, even thou I see 3 positions I would go for before that (LB, DM, CAM), but I would go for another guy than Tammy

Edited by MentalM

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You can't fake chance creation stats. Him and Jack were seriously impressive in that department last season, both in the top 10 in Europe.

Okay but also, chance creation isn’t necessarily a great yardstick, what exactly is the criteria for a chance created?

I worry that he may be one of those players that’s too good for the championship but not good enough to be a good PL player, of course I could well be wrong but £40M feels steep.

3 minutes ago, MentalM said:

My greatest concern with Tammy is that when Grealish came back from injury in the promotion run, I felt Tammy became invisible in many matches. I know he scored 5 goals in 10 victories in a row, but I feel he did not contribute as much in total. Abraham is a great player, but I do not think he is the kind of player who we need to compete with Watkins. We clearly need a work horse upfront, and Tammy does not fit that bill to me.

To clarify: another striker would be great, even thou I see 3 positions I would go for before that (LB, DM, CAM), but I would go for another guy than Tammy

I appreciate your pount about ollies work rate that cannot be faulted. But at the same time i remember tammy would ddop back deep to help out alot in the season.

He wasnt by any means a lazy striker. He is different to ollie too which i like. I do thing bith coukd be in the same team as well

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No way would i. 

Why do people keep saying this? Competition for places if ollie performs he will stay in the team of he doesnt then his place will be under threat

If ollie gets a 2-3 month injury touch wood wont happen who we wgot davis who has scored a mighty one goal all sesson or wesley who has been out for 18 months.

I suppose the point is, why spend £40m on a player to provide competition to an established performer when we have glaring needs in our first 11 to be addressed first. If money were no object then it would be great to sign Tammy(although £40m is way too much and he wouldn’t come here unless he was guaranteed a starting place). Spending £40m on a centre mid or a wide forward would provide much greater overall benefit to the team than spending it on competition for an established, performing player.

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Signing a 2nd quality striker makes zero  sense?

It makes zero sense if it was an either or situation. It woudln't make sense to sign Tammy when we have Ollie, when we have a glaring need for a player like Buendia in our midfield

• Like 1

Â