Brad Young

lexicon

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I think that’s Brad Young next to AEG, does that mean he’s training with the first team or that just what they do in preseason? Or was he already training with the 1st’s with Carney Chuck and Jadon Philogene?

General thing to do in preseason. It’s to see how the better preforming youngsters are with the senior squad. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think that’s Brad Young next to AEG, does that mean he’s training with the first team or that just what they do in preseason? Or was he already training with the 1st’s with Carney Chuck and Jadon Philogene?

He wasn't training with the 1st team at the end of last season, nor did he see the 1st team bench in the same was the Kessler-Hayden, Chuk and JPB did. 

Like @CarryOnVilla said, they usually put the better youngsters in at the start of preseason to see how they go with the main group. One eye on potentially integrating once everyone's back.

(It's also a nice boost to their confidence)

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

they promoted some youngsters to add to the numbers as players were away on international duty. He will probably get some pre-season time as well

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

they promoted some youngsters to add to the numbers as players were away on international duty. He will probably get some pre-season time as well

He’s an exciting young talent. Really hope he makes it with us

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Why is El Ghazi doing an impression of Gene Kelly? I mean it's not even raining.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

nice, could be a good move if he is a regular in the first 11.

Someone on the Carlisle forum (upon someone saying there'll be movement today) said "hopefully a CB or ST".

Hopefully this means he'll play.

• Thanks 1

I wish him luck at Carlisle, he’s a beast of a player, so much energy and strength. I haven’t seen him a lot but in the games I have seen, I’ve noticed he needs a lot of chances to score. So maybe some more work on his finishing will see him be even better. 

34 minutes ago, hippo said:

Funny thing is - he is one of the few u18's - that doesn't look like he needs to toughen up. he looks physically ready. Still this loan certainly won't do him any harm.

I'm fairly sure he's going there to play football not lift weights.

Confirmed

If (Big If) Whispers is right, 2 more due to go out.

Great move for Brad though, think we'll see him do well down in that league and hopefully a couple more in his future up the league's and be ready for us in a few years!

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

He will get double figures this season.

Has a teenage striker ever gotten double figures while out on loan at a lower than championship club?

Â