Brad Young

lexicon

It was last summer that he was stabbed, so it's been less than a year. Been a very good season for him, his performances in the FA Youth Cup may even earn him a decent loan move next season to a league side.

I think he is the type of player that is what keeps Academies alive. I don't think he'll make the top flight but we'll sell him on and he'll probably have a career in the lower leagues. But the money we get in for him and others of his ilk will pay for the Academy (around £5m per year) to the point it becomes self-sustainable. I think of the current batch only 1 or 2 will make it at villa and think we'll see transfer fees for Young, Philogene Bidace, Raikhy, Bogarde; Chrisene, Ramsey. maybe even Barry. The keeper at Ayr too that I don't remember Saisolo?

Those together will bring in more than 5m and then we'll have the next crop of youngsters coming through.

8 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

From that penalty kick in the FA Youth Cup finals to the pirouette against Liverpool in the FA Cup, there is a confidence and swagger in this kid. I see a bright future for him.

I've been saying this since I saw him in the FA Cup.

Seems one of the most mature and confident of the lot. Think he has a great future ahead of him.

What's great about the young forwards we now have, is the it seems they can all play anywhere across the front line. Versatility being coached!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've been saying this since I saw him in the FA Cup.

Seems one of the most mature and confident of the lot. Think he has a great future ahead of him.

What's great about the young forwards we now have, is the it seems they can all play anywhere across the front line. Versatility being coached!

as a team.....I would still like to see us keep the ball better.....That could be said about all levels at Bodymoor.

I would like to see us deal with the press better, better ball control...Just little touches of improvement to come.

but overall, fantastic progress with every team at B6

Edited by TRO

The stand out for me last night, looks closer to be ready for first team football than Barry. Great movement and a good touch and as mentioned looks to have that bite in him.

That neck tattoo though..

Just now, VillaJay said:

The stand out for me last night, looks closer to be ready for first team football than Barry. Great movement and a good touch and as mentioned looks to have that bite in him.

That neck tattoo though..

I think its the names of his 3 kids

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Undoubtedly a talented player, but he has that little edge to him I'm always looking for. The fire and fight so to speak. Reminds me slightly of Vardy.

Vardy is a good comparison, but maybe he lacks that bit of pace Vardy has - maybe needs to work on his finishing too.

Definitely should be going out for a few months in the conference to play mens football next year - doesn't matter if he scores goals, but he's got to get used to the physicality.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

as a team.....I would still like to see us keep the ball better.....That could be said about all levels at Bodymoor.

True, I'm wondering if it's a system which takes time to be perfected, or if it just gets better as quality improves. Combination of both factors?

Are we trying to emulate the Liverpool model?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

True, I'm wondering if it's a system which takes time to be perfected, or if it just gets better as quality improves. Combination of both factors?

Are we trying to emulate the Liverpool model?

Not sure, I am just commenting on what I see.....don't know the reasons.

I am just mindful that we can't keep relying on low possession stats and winning games.....keeping the ball is part and parcel of defending better and seeing games out....a source of containment.

We are doing most things really well, just a few tweaks here and there, for next season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

The others had  mums and dad dropping them off and kissing them good luck before the game and that, Brad pushed 3 prams to on his walk to the stadium and told Chloe from solihull that if he won the cup baby no 4 was a possibility 

Out of likes, but LMAO

11 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Sounds like he's been learning from Gabby

Well let's hope he don't learn from JT.

On 28/04/2021 at 12:53, MaVilla said:

honestly, im not sure what to make of him, yes he has scored goals etc, but overall when i watch him he just seems like a bit of a jack of all trades master of none.

ie: fairly well built for his age but not particularly tall or imposing physically, possesses a little bit of skill but isnt "skillful", isnt slow but isnt fast, looks comfortable on the ball but it also doesnt stick to him like glue, seems ok with passes etc but doesnt really have a defence splitting pass in him, seems to be able to finish but sometimes dallies on the ball when maybe he should shoot.

I dunno........not sure what to make of him.

I know exactly what you are saying.

What I would point out from yesterday was his awareness. He broke their offside trap so often that the commentators made a point of it when he finally got flagged offside in about the 80th minute. That sort of timing and awareness from an 18 year old is great.
He's also a worker - maybe the closest to Watkins that I've seen at the club, and we know the difference that has made.

He's 6 foot tall - who wouldn't like an extra couple of inches.
And as you say, he isn't slow, but could do with work to add a little pace, which can be trained to a degree, but he'll never be lightening fast.

Last year, I saw him as another who will move out on loan a couple of times, then leave on a free. Now, I expect him to make first team appearances, and we go from there. Good luck to him.

• Like 1

Â