Brad Young

lexicon

28 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Vardy is a good comparison, but maybe he lacks that bit of pace Vardy has - maybe needs to work on his finishing too.

Definitely should be going out for a few months in the conference to play mens football next year - doesn't matter if he scores goals, but he's got to get used to the physicality.

I think he's above that level now. Walsall as a minimum, but I'd like to think a League 1 club might take him on for a bit, especially if we can give then the full season.
Suspect Championship is a little high for him to get the games required, unless its a shit team - but we want him to get a few goals too, not just kicked about.

18 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

The others had  mums and dad dropping them off and kissing them good luck before the game and that, Brad pushed 3 prams to on his walk to the stadium and told Chloe from solihull that if he won the cup baby no 4 was a possibility 

Bless him.....sounds like the back drop for a film.

Apparently there's been talk of some sort of link up with Shrewsbury's academy, plus our loans manager Adam Henshall has worked there previously, so wouldn't be surprised to see a few of our youngsters end up with them.

Also after the recent signings from Bristol Rovers, wouldn't be surprised to see us help them out by loaning them a player or two.

Normally I'd think Brad Young would have to go to non league, only because he hasn't even actually played that much U23 football, but his performances in the FA Youth Cup and with how high profile it is will possibly mean he gets a chance at an higher level.

Edited by useless

Most of us talk about Ramsey, Barry, Kessler, Carney etc. but this lad really impressed me last night. 

He’s got another couple of years development, no doubt, but I’m positive that if he doesn’t make it here, he’ll fashion himself a good career in the lower leagues. 

Realistically, only one or two of the players on that pitch will go on to have a PL career and only a few more will make it as EFL footballers, that’s just the way it is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently there's been talk of some sort of link up with Shrewsbury's academy, plus our loans manager Adam Henshall has worked their previously, so wouldn't be surprised to see a few of our youngsters end up with them.

Also after the recent signings from Bristol Rovers, wouldn't be surprised to see us help them out by loaning them a player or two.

Normally I'd think Brad Young would have to go to non league, only because he hasn't even actually played that much U23 football, but his performances in the FA Youth Cup and with how high profile it is will possibly mean he gets a chance at an higher level.

Interesting, myself and Adam Henshall have bit in common.

Michael Vernon took him to Shrewsbury as Analyst.

Vern moved Tranmere with boss Micky Mellon and asked me to leave Crewe to join them at Tranmere.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Love it. That's a nice interview. I love the honesty of the youngsters' interviews. It's rare to hear a specific target being mentioned, and even rarer if it hasn't been met. Fair play to him. He has impressed me all season.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Love it. That's a nice interview. I love the honesty of the youngsters' interviews. It's rare to hear a specific target being mentioned, and even rarer if it hasn't been met. Fair play to him. He has impressed me all season.

me too mate.. His personality is very similar to mine. 

I'm rubbish at football though :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, messi11 said:

From being stabbed in Solihul Park (Probz by a blues fan) to lifting the FA Youth Cup all in the space of 2 years

the commentators made reference to a 'colourful past' and i guess this is it. didn't know what they were referring to

45 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently there's been talk of some sort of link up with Shrewsbury's academy, plus our loans manager Adam Henshall has worked there previously, so wouldn't be surprised to see a few of our youngsters end up with them.

Would be a good fit for a few of ours there tbh

If he goes to a lower league club on loan he will smash it, his running and most of all the timing of his runs was pretty much perfect in the final. Any team with a player who can knock it into the channels for him will reap the rewards. 

If he can stay fit I think the plan will be to play Shakpoke for the U23s next season, also think Barry who's younger than Young will also still be at the club still playing for the U23s with potential to make the bench and play in the league cup. Campton Sturridge will also be available.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

He's 6 foot tall - who wouldn't like an extra couple of inches.
And as you say, he isn't slow, but could do with work to add a little pace, which can be trained to a degree, but he'll never be lightening fast.

v9wNkq.gif

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, useless said:

If he can stay fit I think the plan will be to play Shakpoke for the U23s next season, also think Barry who's younger than Young will also still be at the club still playing for the U23s with potential to make the bench and play in the league cup. Campton Sturridge will also be available.

I've heard he's five miles long

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

I've heard he's five miles long

There's a lot of people not getting that. And they should all watch Blazing Saddles 20 times as punishment - lucky bastards. 

• 1 month later...

I think that’s Brad Young next to AEG, does that mean he’s training with the first team or that just what they do in preseason? Or was he already training with the 1st’s with Carney Chuck and Jadon Philogene?

Â