Match Thread: Villa v Man City

limpid

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

19% possession?, zero excuse for that, we stand off teams way too much, and are too fearful in possession.

We need some players in the summer who can hold on to the ball.

Just need a new midfield then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just aren't going to play though their midfield. 

They could play foden on his own in midfield and they'd still dominate. 

Unfortunately we need to go a bit big sam. 

Davis and Watkins up front and foget the midfield. Thier defence really isn't the best

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Darn it. Against 10 men.

Game will get a lot harder now

doubt it, City never park the bus. so really it's just slightly less difficult now.

we'll still lose, as them being a man down would have made no difference, we're camped out in our third, where we've been largely since about the 15th minute. Keep making suicide passes as well. 4/5-1 City by full time sadly

I know it’s City so we have to take that into account but we are utterly woeful at a) winning the ball back and b) keeping it when we do eventually get it back. The midfield 4 have all been guilty of it. I actually think Berty would be decent if we could push up the pitch and dominate in midfield.

That said. City are a brilliant team.

On consideration, I’d actually be pretty happy for City to piss off into a permanent super mega awesome league, this is just ridiculous to watch.

We’re nowhere near them, they can find time and space all over the pitch, even with 10 men.

We are woeful in possession, particularly in midfield and it’s a recurring theme.

All that said, one goal down and against 10 men for 45 minutes, I’d probably take that, now time for the players to step up.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

With the ball City are on another planet, they're so much better than us they look like they're playing a different sport.

Without it they're nervous, they're rash, they're reckless and they're shaky.

yes and they're likely to have less of it now the second half. I think we have a much better shot now and should go all in for it.

Well organised and McGinn took his chance well but its attack v defence. Cheltenham Town did basically the same in the cup.

Don't think the red card will make much difference.

I think we can rest easy on that first half performance Luiz will not be going to City. He wouldn't even make their bench. Poor.

Frigging hell.  Just as the ref started strolling over to the monitor we had a bloody power cut.  Literally everything out and then I couldn't even get bloody mobile data to find out what happened. 

Couldn't even check teletext. 

Bloody Scargill. 

• Haha 3