Pre match thread

mottaloo

We could always play both from the start.

3-5-2 (if Hause is available) or just continue with one of them a bit wider as Davis always seems to drift out to the left when he comes on for his cameos.

Even Spurs altered things and had Vincius upfront with Kane and moura drifting around in number 10 role so it's worth considering although can't see DS doing it.

Already has a feel of a 1-1.

• Like 2

Two goals in the last five, against consistently poor opposition. One of the five was a fluke deflection.  

Smith is the man to fix it but he needs to be more flexible in his tactics and stop lying about when Grealish will be back. Let's not forget we all knew this was the same shin injury he had in 2019 and was out for 3 months, Smith said with a straight face he might have been back within a week. 

Yeah, we'll lose this one. 2-0 to Fulham.

3 hours ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Two goals in the last five, against consistently poor opposition. One of the five was a fluke deflection.  

Smith is the man to fix it but he needs to be more flexible in his tactics and stop lying about when Grealish will be back. Let's not forget we all knew this was the same shin injury he had in 2019 and was out for 3 months, Smith said with a straight face he might have been back within a week. 

Yeah, we'll lose this one. 2-0 to Fulham.

Are you annoyed with Dean Smith because he’s wasn’t able to predict accurately when a player would be fit again? What an odd thing to be annoyed about.

• Like 1

We need to win this game, but they need it more. With Jack still out, we are going to struggle to create as always and I can see a goalless draw here, before we reignite Liverpool's season and end their poor home run the week after. 

I thought we could cope better without Grealish. I was wrong.

20 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Are you annoyed with Dean Smith because he’s wasn’t able to predict accurately when a player would be fit again? What an odd thing to be annoyed about.

A professional athlete does not go from 5 weeks out 8njured with no training to competitive sport.  Thats how you make injuries worse.

He was never going to play again when he hadn't participated in training for so long.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

A professional athlete does not go from 5 weeks out 8njured with no training to competitive sport.  Thats how you make injuries worse.

He was never going to play again when he hadn't participated in training for so long.

I agree that’s unlikely. I think it’s being annoyed with Dean Smith about it that confuses me...

• Like 1

Ollie will probably be even more confident and still on a high from his  debut England goal, perfectly placed into the corner. And McGinn must have had a bit of confidence boost too, from his wonder goal for Scotland. (I don't mind if he doesn't score with a spectacular scissor kick for us, any old goal will do! Please!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack coming back is great but he won't fix everything. We need to find a system that creates chances. 

I think I'd start with this team and see where we are at half time:

Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Luiz

Traore McGinn Sanson Grealish

Watkins

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Jack coming back is great but he won't fix everything. We need to find a system that creates chances. 

I think I'd start with this team and see where we are at half time:

Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Luiz

Traore McGinn Sanson Grealish

Watkins

Agree with the lineup. Although I hope Sanson is sharper than he was against Spurs.