Pre match thread

mottaloo

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

This has the Sheffield United type of banana skin feel about it.

We really need a win.

I'm not sure this is even a banana skin...we are in poor form and they are playing decent stuff.

Add into that the extra motivation they have and I'm not even sure i have us as favorites.

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

FFS devastating for myself more than anything having to watch Trezeguet attempt to play football again. Please perform Villa, feels like an age since ive witnessed a decent cohesive performance. Smith said trainings been good and at least we have had the chance to reset at the very least since the rubbish we saw pre international break

I’ve not bothered much with football for a couple of weeks, just lost a bit of interest after watching the Spurs game. But I was looking forward to today, if Jack’s really out then that’s bad news, and really diminishes the pleasure we’ll get from the game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ve not bothered much with football for a couple of weeks, just lost a bit of interest after watching the Spurs game. But I was looking forward to today, if Jack’s really out then that’s bad news, and really diminishes the pleasure we’ll get from the game. 

I’ve been looking forward to the game just because I don’t watch the internationals, I need my football fix. But I’ve been looking forward to actually watching Grealish play, I’ll be gutted if he really is out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 7392craig said:

I’ve been looking forward to the game just because I don’t watch the internationals, I need my football fix. But I’ve been looking forward to actually watching Grealish play, I’ll be gutted if he really is out.

Thats what I’ve come to realise recently, I love watching Jack play more than anything. Until we get a player that can produce the magic he does, we’ll always be watching a poorer version of Villa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Not many people saying not to worry "were not a 1 man team".

My issue really is that he’s just so entertaining to watch. We should have enough to be beating Fulham though, with or without Jack. That’s not to be disrespectful to Fulham, just with the remaining games, it’s one we should be picking up 3 points.

20 mins to meltdown. 

If Jack doesn’t play then so be it, I’ll be disappointed but realistically we should still be capable of putting a side together that can win. It’s only that we’ve been in such ropey form that makes me doubtful. The hope comes from the time off that most of the squad have had, let’s hope Smith has got into them and solved some of the issues. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 1