Pre match thread

mottaloo

Emi

Cash               Konsa              Mings        Targett

Luiz        Sanson/Nakamba

McGinn

Traore                         Watkins                 Grealish

Subs: Heaton, El Ghazi, Engels/Hause, Nakamba/Sanson, Barkley, Trezeguet, Elmo.

Edited by wedge
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, wedge said:

Emi

Cash               Konsa              Mings        Targett

Luiz        Sanson/Nakamba

McGinn

Traore                         Watkins                 Grealish

Subs: Heaton, El Ghazi, Engels/Hause, Nakamba/Sanson, Barkley, Trezeguet, Elmo.

Looks about right to me. Think Sanson will play not Nakamba. Hope McgInn plays in that attacking midfield role. Dont know what to expect from Grealish but you would think he would be eager to impress Southgate having missed out on the internationals.  fulham will be much tougher than they were at craven cottage. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

We have potentially millions of pounds of league placement to play for and a slim chance of still qualifying for Europe, and a chance to finish in the top half of the Premier League for the first time for 10 years. 

I personally don't give a  sh*t about Fulham or Newcastle, its up to them staying up not relying on favours from anyone else.

Baffling.

All about opinions my friend, and you don't agree with mine. Ah well. 

That's football.

On 22/03/2021 at 17:26, smg said:

Seriously there must be another team you could follow that gives you more enjoyment. Or does the enjoyment come from predicting regular defeats and then being able to say ‘told you so ‘ ?

It can't be, because he's wrong all the time.

You could flip a coin and he'd be wrong ten times. It's a gift.

• Haha 2

Fulham are a much improved team from the one we beat early into the season and our form is not good so expecting a tough game and wouldn't be surpised to see us lose.

However with Jack back we should carry more of an attacking threat so would love the 3 points and if we play to our best we'll beat them...

7 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Fulham are a much improved team from the one we beat early into the season and our form is not good so expecting a tough game and wouldn't be surpised to see us lose.

However with Jack back we should carry more of an attacking threat so would love the 3 points and if we play to our best we'll beat them...

I think they are a good footballing side but they still struggle with scoring goals.

They don't have enough quality.

Fresh start after the international break. A good win and performance really could act as a springboard to a good season end. Any defeat and I think the slide will continue until the end of the season. Massive game in many ways.

I think we will win. I think Jack will be ace. I think Ollie will score. 3-1 Villa.

• Like 2

in terms of league position then maybe we have nothing to play for but in terms of club progression these last 10 games are vital.  if we're going to convince the likes of grealish and konsa they should be here next year or even the quality of players we hope to bring in.

Edited by tezzaleed
quoted wrong post
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tezzaleed said:

in terms of league position then maybe we have nothing to play for but in terms of club progression these last 10 games are vital.  if we're going to convince the likes of grealish and konsa they should be here next year or even the quality of players we hope to bring in.

Bit late for konsa to be convinced!

• Like 3

Fulham will be well motivated for tomorrow's game, as a win could well see them out of the relegation zone at the expense of Newcastle. We may well need a minimum of a point to climb back into the top half of the table ourselves, by tomorrow afternoon. Fourteen points from 14 games this year, is quite a slump and we need to record our fifth win of the year to prevent the early gloss of this season becoming dulled by a shocking finish to it. This season has been a big improvement on the last one, but let's not do a Palace and hit the beach as soon as we have reached the 40-point safety mark. Fulham will arrive at Villa Park with some confidence too, having given themselves a chance of staying up, by putting together a good run of results. The opposite is the case for us. A poor run of recent results has all but done for our hopes of appearing in a European competition, for the first time in eleven long years. It would seem that we do not therefore have as much to play for as our visitors. On the contrary, that 2018 Wembley play-off defeat still stings, so I for one want to win this one and in so doing, make it a double over them this season. 

Fulham last won at Villa Park in 2014 and have lost on their two subsequent visits to B6. Overall, we have won 22 and have drawn 21 of the 65 league games, that there have been between the two clubs. Hopefully Jack will start this one and incredibly it appears that he still needs to put in some impressive performances, between now and the end of the season, to twist the wally in the waistcoat's arm sufficiently, to be selected for the Euros. It also seems that despite his significant contributions to a number of Villa clean sheets, Tyrone is also not a certainty for the squad either. One player who will undoubtedly be playing at Wembley in the Euros, has scored three goals in his last two international games,  hopefully John with his confidence high, will add the winner tomorrow. Just win this one for us Villa!     

• Like 2

Could Wesley be on the bench?

I was reading the programme for this game, the reporters were focusing on Scott Parkers coat rather than their game v Liverpool apparently.

Prediction: 2-1 to us.

1 hour ago, Louis said:

Could Wesley be on the bench?

I'd be surprised, he was taken off in the PL2 game against Wolves as a precaution as he was feeling his knee unfortunately, really feel for him can't wait to see him back in the first team!

6 minutes ago, wedge said:

I'd be surprised, he was taken off in the PL2 game against Wolves as a precaution as he was feeling his knee unfortunately, really feel for him can't wait to see him back in the first team!

I've always liked him. I reckon he might make a return this season but when is the question?