Jump to content

Pre match thread


mottaloo
 Share

Recommended Posts

@alreadyexists

One possible marginal gain for this match is that our official lucky club badger (pictured on the left/above) is always really up for it against Fulham as it's up against another badger (the original mascot badger: Billy Badger). 

 

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This will be a test for the coaching staff. With Jack back we should win (in theory), but it seems like confidence is at a low point right now. Even Martinez looks off.  Can Smith get them prepared mentally?

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Loss and the Newcastle fans will hate us

Seriously there must be another team you could follow that gives you more enjoyment. Or does the enjoyment come from predicting regular defeats and then being able to say ‘told you so ‘ ?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, robby b said:

@alreadyexists

One possible marginal gain for this match is that our official lucky club badger (pictured on the left/above) is always really up for it against Fulham as it's up against another badger (the original mascot badger: Billy Badger). 

 

Yesss! I’ve been waiting for the reverse Badger fixture!! Can’t wait!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Couldn't care less about Newcastle. I'd like to see Nakamba start. I believe he gives us the solid base from which we can attack. 

This.

I don't ever want to see Villa lose but since we have nothing left to play for now this season I would like Fulham to try and gain 3pts here to ensure their survival and take Newcastle further into the shit.

I also agree we should start the big man Davis up front.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

we should start the big man Davis up front.

You hate Newcastle that much? I couldn't care less about them. I want Villa to win and although we haven't been winning lately I still believe we can turn it around. 

Playing Davis to throw the game just makes no sense whatsoever. Newcastle aren't even a rival!

Davis should be nowhere near a League 1 startung place never mind the PL. 

2 goals in 62 games!!! Most of those games in the Championship. For a striker thats absolutely absymal. Schemeichel scored more Premier League goals for us than Davis and he was a bloody goalkeeper. Lol

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

You hate Newcastle that much? I couldn't care less about them. I want Villa to win and although we haven't been winning lately I still believe we can turn it around. 

Playing Davis to throw the game just makes no sense whatsoever. Newcastle aren't even a rival!

Davis should be nowhere near a League 1 startung place never mind the PL. 

P2 goals in 62 games!!! For a striker. Absolutely absymal.

Wow.

Nice twist of a post there, When did I say we should play Davis to throw the game???

Hate is also a strong word, but If I had a choice of the two teams I would sooner see Fulham survive. Difference.

Posts are opinions, you didn't understand mine nore agree with it which is fair enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Wow.

Nice twist of a post there, When did I say we should play Davis to throw the game???

Hate is also a strong word, but If I had a choice of the two teams I would sooner see Fulham survive. Difference.

Posts are opinions, you didn't understand mine nore agree with it which is fair enough

I did get your post. But you didn't get mine. 

My point is that starting Davis up front IS throwing the game. 

A striker with 2 career goals over 60 odd games in several years, with service from one of Europe's top creative midfielders is diabolical. It's not as if Davis even gets assists when plays. He should never, ever start a Premier League game for Villa and shouldn't even be on the bench. His record says it all. 

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

I did get your post. But you didn't get mine. 

My point is that starting Davis up front IS throwing the game. 

A striker with 2 career goals over 60 odd games in several years, with service from one of Europe's top creative midfielders is diabolical. It's not as if Davis even gets assists when plays. He should never, ever start a Premier League game for Villa and shouldn't even be on the bench. His record says it all. 

That's fair enough.

I feel if we are playing for pride now in our remaining fixtures, give Ollie a rest for a game or two and give Davis a game.

I know I am only one of a few on here that still radians a bit of faith in Davis but I don't see what much worse he would be than Ollie who himself has not scored for quite a few games of late either and needs a rest.

I would have suggested Wesley if fit also comes on late in games to start building his fitness back up.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That's fair enough.

I feel if we are playing for pride now in our remaining fixtures, give Ollie a rest for a game or two and give Davis a game.

I know I am only one of a few on here that still radians a bit of faith in Davis but I don't see what much worse he would be than Ollie who himself has not scored for quite a few games of late

I'm sorry but with all due respect, this cannot be a serious post surely?

Is that England international Ollie who scores goals, creates chances, holds the ball up, runs the channels and scored a perfect first half hat trick against the Champions back in September? 

Even if he hasn't scored of late, he has hit the bar more times than 2 3rds of the clubs in the league, been exceptionally unlucky in several games and is by far and away worth playing every minute he is fit.

The idea of dropping him or even resting him for Davis is just crazy. 

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I'm sorry but with all due respect, this cannot be a serious post surely?

Is that England international Ollie who scores goals, creates chances, holds the ball up, runs the channels and scored a perfect first half hat trick against the Champions back in September? 

Even if he hasn't scored of late, but he he has hit the bar more times than 2 3rds of the clubs in the league and he is by far and away worth playing every minute he is fit and the idea of dropping him or even resting him for Davis is just crazy. 

It's called an opinion pal, if you don't agree with it or understand it then that is fine.

 

Edited by AvfcRigo82
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's called an opinion pal, if you don't agree with it or understand it then that is fine. 

Equally, nobody is forcing you to reply to it either.

No need for that mate. I did say with all due respect. 

Mine is also an opinion.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, One For The Road said:

No need for that mate. I did say with all due respect. 

Mine is also an opinion.

Fair enough, My original post was on the basis we don't have much to play for and based on squad rotation. I think it's pointless having 3 strikers if you don't intend playing the other two. (I know one of our is just returning).

I agree Ollie is everything you highlight, which I cannot argue with either.

It was a mere suggestion giving him (Ollie) a bit of a break which wouldn't do us any harm since our season now looks all but over.

You would be bang on the money had I suggested such an idea on the verge of playing a cup quarter final etc.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Fair enough, My original post was on the basis we don't have much to play for and based on squad rotation. I think it's pointless having 3 strikers if you don't intend playing the other two. (I know one of our is just returning).

I agree Ollie is everything you highlight, which I cannot argue with either.

It was a mere suggestion giving him (Ollie) a bit of a break which wouldn't do us any harm since our season now looks all but over.

You would be bang on the money had I suggested such an idea on the verge of playing a cup quarter final etc.

 

 

 

 

Yeah I do get that. I would like to see him hit 15 to 20 goals. I think he can do it still this season. Either way, the extra games or so are important for him in his first season in the PL.

I think we will have a really great player on our hands once he beds in more and understands the league better. That's another reason why I'd start him every game. Let's hope he doesn't get injured on international duty!

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â