Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

16 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

He plays for Arsenal now mate. 

EDDB7A7A-F6F8-4F68-953F-D2EAA328573D.jpeg

Adidas are obviously using the new Kappa sizing. He asked for a M and he should have asked for an XXXXXXXXXXXXL

19 minutes ago, villaglint said:

@Wes or any other budding scouts.

Assuming we are moving on from ESR who would be the next viable options for the 10 role in the up and coming £20-35m range? 

Jesper Lindstrom was a player who caught my eye last season but he has just moved to Eintracht Frankfurt, and covers the same position as Daichi Kamada which could mean something in regards to his future. In no particular order here’s a few of my suggestions…. Christoph Baumgartner Hoffenheim. Charles De Ketelaere Brugge. Romain Faivre StadeBrest. Yari Verschaeren Anderlecht. Giorgian de Arrascaeta Flamingo. Julian Brandt Dortmund. Brenden Aaronson Is a great raw talent at RB Salzburg. Nikola Vlasic CSKA Moscow. Hamed Junior Traorè Sassulo. 

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Jesper Lindstrom was a player who caught my eye last season but he has just moved to Eintracht Frankfurt, and covers the same position as Daichi Kamada which could mean something in regards to his future. In no particular order here’s a few of my suggestions…. Christoph Baumgartner Hoffenheim. Charles De Ketelaere Brugge. Romain Faivre StadeBrest. Yari Verschaeren Anderlecht. Giorgian de Arrascaeta Flamingo. Julian Brandt Dortmund. Brenden Aaronson Is a great raw talent at RB Salzburg. Nikola Vlasic CSKA Moscow. Hamed Junior Traorè Sassulo. 

Mikkel Damsgaard hasn't moved yet but I imagine he's sadly out of our reach now after the Euro's. Wanted him last season and he's improved much more than I though he would already. He's really versatile as well.

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Assuming we are moving on from ESR who would be the next viable options for the 10 role in the up and coming £20-35m range? 

Just reading that Everton are looking to raise funds and may need to offload James Rodriguez... I know he is 30 now and struggled with injury last season, but the class is there and surely will have a fire lit under him after missing the Copa America squad. Probably doesn't fit into our long-term plans but I wouldn't be against a cheeky bid, and probably may not even be 20mil as he only had a two-year deal with Everton.

59 minutes ago, burchy said:

We might get Kamada for around £25-30m possibly but not sure he plays that central to be honest.

Cherki at Lyon looks good, only 17 though so one for the future perhaps. Lyon would want a tidy price for him as well I think. 

Cherki will be a class player and I don't think his age would be a big factor as he's built like he's older then that (in a similar way to Rooney was). 

Adil Aouchiche would be a good pick up for the future too. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a-k said:

Just reading that Everton are looking to raise funds and may need to offload James Rodriguez... I know he is 30 now and struggled with injury last season, but the class is there and surely will have a fire lit under him after missing the Copa America squad. Probably doesn't fit into our long-term plans but I wouldn't be against a cheeky bid, and probably may not even be 20mil as he only had a two-year deal with Everton.

Cheeky or otherwise, it's a big NO from me.

6 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I agree. A bit like how he plays for Scotland. A wrecking ball of a number 10 would cause chaos and give some defensive solidity as well. His pressing alongside Watkins would be something else

He plays there for Scotland because, in general, they have shit or technically limited players.

Like I said, a move that befits smaller, struggling teams.

He doesn’t have the skill, poise, composure, technical prowess, passing and shooting ability or creativity to be a top class CAM.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

Possibly 5 would be a centre back, but you could also have a 5 number as a defensive midfield, eg that gut at Chelsea. but who decided what numbers applied to positions all of a sudden? This is a new thing i assume created by the fifa generation. Yes i am old. Just say the position or role, not some arbitrary number FFS.

It comes a lot from South America, in Argentina a 5 is a defensive midfielder who is good on the ball like Redondo

Edited by Zatman

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It comes a lot from South America, in Argentina a 5 is a defensive midfielder who is good on the ball like Redondo

I quite like it in that explains roles. You could theoretically call an ‘8’ ‘6’ and ‘10’ CM. Seems to have replaced DCM CM and ACM as terminology.

And i’m old.

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

GK - Gazzaniga…

CB - 🤷‍♂️….

CAM - ESR/De Arrascaeta/Kamada… Alvarez?

I guess there’s no point in continually discussing a new DM then… a shame, would have loved for us to sign Kamara.

It does contradict the report that Dean admired and was looking for a Romeu sort though…

Oh well, Dean knows best. 

Tbf, at the start of the season, Luiz and McGinn behind a CAM worked so well. A shame Barkley fell away so badly… even worse when we lost Jack too… that was a difficult time for the team…

Maybe Nakamba can improve further… we’re going to need him to perform well while Luiz gets up to speed and completes his recovery after a busy time with Brazil (a shame he won’t get a pre season with us). I just can’t see us dominating many games with him in midfield though… maybe he has more to show…

Our main CMs are McGinn & Sanson, fighting it out for that spot.

DMs - Luiz & Nakamba

I hope that’s good enough…

CAM needs to be an exceptional player…

I’d love someone who can score from range or out of the blue… I always think of the winning goal Barkley got against Leicester, that was crucial… a good, longe range shooter is a major weapon…

What are we going to do about set pieces???

Looking forward to seeing Sanson in action and in form and potentially even more/better from Traore, maybe he was struggling or restricted by that groin issue…

I’m curious to see how BT would do supporting Ollie as a CAM/SS, requiring less defensive responsibility or not having to run back or up & down the pitch so much/far and being able to focus on his attacking capabilities and skill… honestly think he’s our most entertaining and thrilling player… enjoyed his moments last season and looking forward to a whole lot more…

Jack and Buendia would do well at CAM but I have a feeling Buendia will be played predominantly on the right due to being used to that position and how good he is defensively too, will help Cash out a lot.

So the CAM… I would love De Arrascaeta or Kamada… maybe Alvarez has what it takes too…

ESR seems unlikely and doesn’t excite me so much…

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

Possibly 5 would be a centre back, but you could also have a 5 number as a defensive midfield, eg that gut at Chelsea. but who decided what numbers applied to positions all of a sudden? This is a new thing i assume created by the fifa generation. Yes i am old. Just say the position or role, not some arbitrary number FFS.

Yeah I noticed the same thing, it does seem a recent thing where a few people have started applying the position number. Just a ‘fashion’ thing I suppose but if anything I think it’s quite old fashioned to describe positions as like a number 6 (DM) or a number 8. But hey ho!

43 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

GK - Gazzaniga…

CB - 🤷‍♂️….

CAM - ESR/De Arrascaeta/Kamada… Alvarez?

I guess there’s no point in continually discussing a new DM then… a shame, would have loved for us to sign Kamara.

It does contradict the report that Dean admired and was looking for a Romeu sort though…

Oh well, Dean knows best. 

Tbf, at the start of the season, Luiz and McGinn behind a CAM worked so well. A shame Barkley fell away so badly… even worse when we lost Jack too… that was a difficult time for the team…

Maybe Nakamba can improve further… we’re going to need him to perform well while Luiz gets up to speed and completes his recovery after a busy time with Brazil (a shame he won’t get a pre season with us). I just can’t see us dominating many games with him in midfield though… maybe he has more to show…

Our main CMs are McGinn & Sanson, fighting it out for that spot.

DMs - Luiz & Nakamba

I hope that’s good enough…

CAM needs to be an exceptional player…

I’d love someone who can score from range or out of the blue… I always think of the winning goal Barkley got against Leicester, that was crucial… a good, longe range shooter is a major weapon…

What are we going to do about set pieces???

Looking forward to seeing Sanson in action and in form and potentially even more/better from Traore, maybe he was struggling or restricted by that groin issue…

I’m curious to see how BT would do supporting Ollie as a CAM/SS, requiring less defensive responsibility or not having to run back or up & down the pitch so much/far and being able to focus on his attacking capabilities and skill… honestly think he’s our most entertaining and thrilling player… enjoyed his moments last season and looking forward to a whole lot more…

Jack and Buendia would do well at CAM but I have a feeling Buendia will be played predominantly on the right due to being used to that position and how good he is defensively too, will help Cash out a lot.

So the CAM… I would love De Arrascaeta or Kamada… maybe Alvarez has what it takes too…

ESR seems unlikely and doesn’t excite me so much…

Percy said we are after a DM I know who I trust more.