Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

We've got no chance of signing Neto, he's Wolves' best player and has been for a while now, but went under the radar last season, also a Mendes client, they wouldn't sell him to us, there would be better teams interested in him, and not sure if he'd even see the point of leaving them for us at this stage, would be leaving one midtable team for another.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

We've got no chance of signing Neto, he's Wolves' best player and has been for a while now, but went under the radar last season, also a Mendes client, they wouldn't sell him to us, there would be better teams interested in him, and not sure if he'd even see the point of leaving them for us at this stage, would be leaving one midtable team for another.

No one has said we should go in for him. I was using his pace as a barometer as to what I think we need. We need a Neto type player. Not "let's buy Neto".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

I think our window will be two parts. Holding onto Grealish, Emi and Konsa.

Signing centre mid powerhouse, and 2 wingers.

Her from titanic was young when we started the requirement for a powerhouse midfielder... 

Its a hard position to fill, the games moved on, reading of the game is more important top teams always seem to have someone who can just step in to position and mop everything up, biscuits was the best in the world at it, now you see city playing rodri there, bayern with kimmich (current best in the world in that position) kante etc it's about mobility and agility and anticipation 

But at the same time when we play the likes of West ham they always seem to have a big strong athletic monster in the middle and I can't help but want the same 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Her from titanic was young when we started the requirement for a powerhouse midfielder... 

Its a hard position to fill, the games moved on, reading of the game is more important top teams always seem to have someone who can just step in to position and mop everything up, biscuits was the best in the world at it, now you see city playing rodri there, bayern with kimmich (current best in the world in that position) kante etc it's about mobility and agility and anticipation 

But at the same time when we play the likes of West ham they always seem to have a big strong athletic monster in the middle and I can't help but want the same 

Tbh I don't think Kate Winslet is much of a DM.

for the amount of money it would take to get barkley (c.30m) could we get ward-prowse for similar? last summer we behaved like a big club and bought teams best players (albeit from the championship) and time to start doing it to the prem teams now

33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's the same all over.

Do you remember the thousands of players we signed looking for a goal scoring midfielder to replace Platt?

curcic Delph Draper etc.

I think there may have been a problem with our recruitment🤔

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

It's the same all over.

Do you remember the thousands of players we signed looking for a goal scoring midfielder to replace Platt?

curcic Delph Draper etc.

I think there may have been a problem with our recruitment🤔

Delph Draper sounds like a character from Spiderman 😉

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

If Newcastle go down we should move heaven and earth to sign Saint Maximan or whatever he's called. 

Move Jack to the middle and let him free roam. 

is he really that good? genuine question as i've not seen him play much and he didn't set the world alight in those games i did see. he gets talked about a lot but not sure if he's just best of a bad bunch or genuinely quality

Just now, tomav84 said:

is he really that good? genuine question as i've not seen him play much and he didn't set the world alight in those games i did see. he gets talked about a lot but not sure if he's just best of a bad bunch or genuinely quality

I think so yeah, he's a game changer and looks far more consistent than Bert for example. He would be an improvement over Bert, AEG and Trez which is what we need. 

Though, that's just my opinion I guess.

• Thanks 1

Saint Maximan would be a great signing- we definitely need another quality attacking option.

I hope Wesley is back soon to give us time to assess him in a relatively unpressured season end. If he does well it fills one of the slots.

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think so yeah, he's a game changer and looks far more consistent than Bert for example. He would be an improvement over Bert, AEG and Trez which is what we need. 

Though, that's just my opinion I guess.

Definitely has a higher level than those 3. However he's injured quite a bit.

32 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

for the amount of money it would take to get barkley (c.30m) could we get ward-prowse for similar? last summer we behaved like a big club and bought teams best players (albeit from the championship) and time to start doing it to the prem teams now

Isn't he pretty loyal to Southampton? Either way, he's one of their core players and an England international. No chance we're getting him for just 30m.

Traore has scored as many goals this season as Saint-Maximin has scored this season and last season, Traore also has as many assists as him this season. I think if we're going to sign another winger it has to be one that's a definite upgrade on what we already have, seems a lot of the suggestions I see are for wingers that aren't doing much better than El Ghazi and Traore, and are just as inconsistent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Isn't he pretty loyal to Southampton? Either way, he's one of their core players and an England international. No chance we're getting him for just 30m.

everyone's loyal until a better club come along and offer more money and a better chance to compete for trophys and european football. clearly us and southampton are on different trajectories at the moment

plus he's a pompey fan, he'd shed no tears leaving i'm sure. i think he's obtainable personally. 30/40m plus add ons i would say is realistic. probably similar to what chelsea would have asked for barkley

OK people may say Villa haven't a chance in signing certain players but we have to start trying as it is how we will get into the top six on a regular basis.

In some respects you could argue we signed Arsenal's best player in Emiliano Martinez.

Saint-Maximin is a good shout, as is Ward-Prowse. Both when fit would walk into our team.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, useless said:

Traore has scored as many goals this season as Saint-Maximin has scored this season and last season, Traore also has as many assists as him this season. I think if we're going to sign another winger it has to be one that's a definite upgrade on what we already have, seems a lot of the suggestions I see are for wingers that aren't doing much better than El Ghazi and Traore, and are just as inconsistent.

Well if our recruitment is going to be purely based on goals/assists stats then that would have me worried. If people watch Saint Maximin play and think he's no better than Bert, AEG and Trez then that's fair enough, but I'd strongly disagree. We know full well with Grealish that goal/assists stats don't show the full picture of the impact a player can have on a team. 

Edited by PieFacE