Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

The wild card for me is PSG and Poch. I would think they could afford him, and if they sell Mbappe they would be in need of another high profile attacker. Would he want to go there though is the question.

Yeah I looked into them when this question came up before and apparently they have to sell one of either Mbappe or Neymar for their finances.  Neymar signed a new contract last month so looks like Mbappe is out.  

Apparently while publicly they are saying they want to keep Mbappe behind the scenes they know that’s not possible financially.  Mbappe has a year left on his contract and so PSG are looking to sell Mbappe for a huge figure and get somebody in like Eden Hazard.  

They are also looking at Messi whose unhappy at Barca now and because he’ll be a free transfer would satisfy the fans without a big lay out fee and they hope his huge wages will be offset by the commercial income.  The net being a large residual fee from the Mbappe sale less Hazard fee to offset some financial issues.

To be honest despite how unhappy Messi is, I don’t see him leaving for another European team.  He’ll stay at Barca or go outside of Europe, either back home or a stint in America.  The Mbappe/Hazard switch maybe on because Mbappe has always wanted to play for Real Madrid apparently.

• Like 1

If Messi wants to be like Maradona then I suggest he takes a pay cut and come and join us. Similar to when Maradona won the scudetto with Napoli. 

No I haven't taken my meds before anyone wants to shut me down.

If Mbappe wants to be remembered as a legend...... Lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If Messi wants to be like Maradona then I suggest he takes a pay cut and come and join us. Similar to when Maradona won the scudetto with Napoli. 

No I haven't taken my meds before anyone wants to shut me down.

If Mbappe wants to be remembered as a legend...... Lol.

Messi, Haaland, Mbappe front line with Jack sitting just behind.....I think we might score a goal or two 😂

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Spending 100m+ on a player is still very rare. Unless  PSG or maybe Real Madrid come in for him I don’t think he’s going anywhere this summer.

Both teams with money issues

Just now, nick76 said:

Messi, Haaland, Mbappe front line with Jack sitting just behind.....I think we might score a goal or two 😂

We'd still need a big CDM though. And Trezequet has to be on the pitch somewhere for comedy value.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

We'd still need a big CDM though. And Trezequet has to be on the pitch somewhere for comedy value.

carlton dancing GIF

I just searched for Carlton Palmer and found this instead. It made me laugh so I thought I’d share it 🤣 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

That’s true!  My brain has gone blank on a world class CDM but whoever that is has always been a Villa fan and so will want to come to us, well that’s how Man U fans argue about easily getting players.  So many told me last summer that Jack was a Man U fan 😂

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Both teams with money issues

And PSG have squad issues, no balance to it, signing some freebies and loan players that aren't good enough, it's not Poch buying players it's Leonardo and it's mad how shit he is at it

The team they put out in the last league game vs bordeaux would do well to finish above us in the PL

• Like 1

Messi is strongly rumoured for PSG.

And wouldn't shock me if they went for Kane in near future. Got a manager now who loves him to bits, hour and a bit commute from London on eurostar so can stay close to family if they remain in London and it's easy for him to finally win some trophies and have a go at winning CL for 2-3 seasons.

If they sell Mbappe or Neymar they had 100m + to play with.

Will be some merry go round with strikers in europe over next few years. Ronaldo, Benzema, Lewandowski, Aguero all well over 30 now so while some of them are still very good these clubs need replacements and they can't all sign Mbappe or Haaland so Kane will inevitably come into focus.

5 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Any good free agents at the end of this season that would be good for us and have not already signed precontract with someone else?

Thauvin is a Free agent I believe and has been absolutely balling this season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Thauvin is a Free agent I believe and has been absolutely balling this season. 

Don't think he'd work out in England....struggled to impose himself at Newcastle so can see him going to Italy or Spain.

Wouldn't say no to Amavi coming back though...he'd fit into the style now well.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Don't think he'd work out in England....struggled to impose himself at Newcastle so can see him going to Italy or Spain.

Wouldn't say no to Amavi coming back though...he'd fit into the style now well.

As yes that famously good Newcastle side that played such nice football under pardew. Plus during that time period he was being Blackmailed by benzema and his friends. 

6 hours ago, eholm said:

Previous posts all have valid points. However, if he finishes the season as one of the top overall contributors in the league as well as more good England performances,  I do feel there will be firm interest 

Yes, I know he signed a 5 year deal and he’s Villa through and through etc, etc...but if given the opportunity to play at the top level I think he will want to take it. 26 in September and realistically it will take us at least another 3 years minimum to finish in top 4 by which time he’ll be getting too close to 30. 

I think both Manchester clubs and Liverpool will be interested and feel that they could well pay +£100M. 

I’d be gutted if he went - best player I’ve seen at Villa in my 40+ years - but just get the feeling that this Summer we will have a real fight on our hands. 

No way would Liverpool spend that on one player it’s not in their model and they can’t afford it anyway. There is only a handful of clubs in world football who can pay a 9 figure fee and even less who are willing to do so this summer for any player.

all the talk I have just seen of I wouldn’t sell him for 150 or 175 is pie in the sky, every player has their price when they want to leave for one reason or another and it’s certainly less than those two figures.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Awol said:

This summer no, next summer yes - if we haven’t broken into European football. 

Will have 3 years left on contract by then. All our Owners have do is offer him more money PW and a new contract along with the promise of the very best of world talent coming in.

We also do not know what Jack thinks, sure it would be nice if he can start playing Europe but for all we know he may be happy to ride his career here. Remember that hes now also an England star and really the most creative player England have, he maybe content for all we know of having international football while being at Villa. I dont believe Jack would ever just want to be a player who's happy subbing for others. Jack doesnt immediately walk into Man UTD, Spurs, City, Chelsea and Pool first eleven, hed have to bide his time which could take a while which in turn sees his minutes on the field go down rather alot. Let's face it if any of those clubs I mentioned thought Jack would walk into there first eleven they would of paid what we set a while ago without hesitation. The fact they didnt tells you the story is that they want him as someone could be competition to what they already have, jump in if one of theres gets injured or can be a back up.

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

No but I’d he wanted out we would sell him one a particular figure is bid

Players are not always sold because they are unhappy somewhere, some can still manage to do there jobs at there current club even if unhappy which I doubt Jack is. Owners do not have to sell a player Paul all because that players wants a move. Sure that player could take his contract down to zero to force a move, but I dont think I've seen something like that happen for a while at this level. Grealish is professional enough and smart enough to know hes the top man around Villa and as long as theres improvement each season I do not believe he'd go for some time yet. 

If a bid comes in while Jack is under contract, Grealish says I like the look of this, Owners say Jack what can we do to keep you here or Owners say sorry Jack your not going anywhere your under contract.. 

Our Owners, Purslow, Smith and Lange have been very good at many things since they've arrived, clubs would have to offer a fortune and break the world transfer record I reckon to prize him from us.

15 hours ago, sne said:

The financial situation at Barca means that they will likely be desperate to keep hold of those few players like Puig, Pedri & Fati who are on low salaries. But they will be desperate to get rid of the likes of Dembele, Griezmann, Coutinho and so on.

Then again they are in serious financial trouble so might listen to offers for any and every player.

It's going to be interesting to see what Laporta does now that he is back. Did he just get lucky last time with the crop of players that came through La Masia or was it his nous that laid the foundations for their successes up until 2013?

I can't see anyone coming in for the likes of Coutinho, Griezemannn or Dembele. Very few clubs can afford them at the minute and those that can wouldn't touch them.