Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I think like you, The back 5 is fine to progress, just back up....I think Hause is ok for back up and I think Freddie, will return....so we need cover and some of the kids are knocking on the door, even if it is faint knocks at present....but they are young.

The front 6 is where the investment needs to be...I think a quality CDM is paramount, even if Nakamba is a good spoiler, we need a bit more on the ball than that, good back up though.....a powerful unit who is comfortable with the ball, to play alongside Luiz.

• A Winger with pace, one who is direct and goes for goal.....not supposed pace, real pace.
  • A quick thinking striker with deadly box skills, a fox in the box type, who is brave and predatory.

Thats it for me, 3 Players for the first 11 , see how we go and revisit things In Jan.

i think we really need cover at full back as well, ideally someone who can cover both sides but is an upgrade on Taylor and Elmo.

• Like 1

I know it's Birmingham live but they are saying we are in for barkley and Abraham in the summer.

As much as barkley imo has not been what I expected...maybe adding him with Abraham...plus grealish may get him going...all big mates🤷‍♂️...in a 4141

Abraham

Watkins                                  traore 

Grealsih    Barkley  

Luiz

45 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

I know it's Birmingham live but they are saying we are in for barkley and Abraham in the summer.

As much as barkley imo has not been what I expected...maybe adding him with Abraham...plus grealish may get him going...all big mates🤷‍♂️...in a 4141

Abraham

Grealsih    Barkley  

Luiz

Watkins is far better upfront than on the wing and that midfield will leak a lot of goals. 
I’d rather have a tooth pulled than pay 30 odd million for Barkley and 10m a year wages too

51 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Abraham

Grealsih    Barkley  

Luiz

That's about as lazy as journalism gets, obvious links 

With all their spending it would be interesting to see Chelseas FFP margin, will never be convinced that there's a deal to be done with them for either player 

8 hours ago, Big Salad said:

Not sure how much he would cost but a guy I work with is a huge AS Monaco fan(Don't ask me how) and said even thought hate to lose him thinks Aleksandr Golovin from them would be a very shrewd signing.

24 years old can play CM and CAM,has 4 goals this season and keeps getting better.

he's an interesting one. Got a move off the back of the World Cup IIRC and is highly rated. 

18 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Almiron could shine with better players around him. Maybe Villa players? If Toon go down...

He was fantastic, arguably best in the league, playing in a system not entirely unlike ours in Atlanta. Been forced to focus more on the defensive side of his game under Bruce but has still managed to be one of their best (...only) attacking threats. For the right price, I think he'd be a great option. I'm sure he's itching to get out of that club, too.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

A big strong holding midfield player, Another striker and wide attacker. 

We need more than that and in this order.

Taylor is out of contract
Central defensive midfielder who can play a ball forward and preferably with long legs.

We need a centre back for proper competition for a starting spot at centre back

Wide forward
Attacking midfielder

Striker.

I'll give my reasoning...

Left back being the top priority is obvious, we will only have one when Taylor goes.
Central defensive midfield being the next area to bring in may be controversial given many people think we currently have 4 players who can play that role. IMO McGinn should only ever be used as a 6 to fill in or when tactics have changed in a game he is an 8 or 10, Sanson is probably the same. Luiz may be an 8 but he suited to playing in a midfield with two 6's. Nakamba is a 6 only. So for me if we ever want to play a single 6 with two 8's who can push forward we need a better 6.
At some point we will get a serious injury to Mings or Konsa, form will drop too, it is so fundamental to the team we must purchase another.

The last three are obvious, striker is last due to having Wesley coming back before the summer, attacking midfielder and wide forward could be one and the same player bearing in mind we have Sanson, McGinn and several of our wide players can play there.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I saw something last night saying that ederson has a higher expected assist stat than James 

Isn’t that based on xG though? So if James is accurately finding people, say, in front of him but 6 yards off the by line, it’s less likely he’ll get an assist than if Ederson boots a ball long to someone who is through on goal.

Tonight's game was interesting for me for what we should be targeting in the summer.

We really need a Neto type on the right.

Thought he was excellent aside from the odd wayward pass. We need to find player of that skillset from somewhere who's got good acceleration when on the ball.

After his good start to the season it's been all huff and puff from Trez tonight with little on ball quality and I still see Traore as more of an inside player.

It's a struggle to get up the pitch currently so we need that outlet especially for games Jack isn't available so interesting who we target.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We really need a Neto type on the right.

Thought he was excellent aside from the odd wayward pass. We need to find player of that skillset from somewhere who's got good acceleration when on the ball.

I've said that for 12 months. Which is also why Traore was the wrong right winger to bring in.

Don't get me wrong Traore has surprised me and I think he's useful, but he's still more a CAM than right winger. We need pace, directness and a working right foot for our right wing.

• Like 1