Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, MattAvfc92 said:

I’d be seriously looking into

Goncalves from sporting, £40mil

Myron Boadu from AZ £35mil

both of those would improve our attacking output.

Good player and has something we lack. Pace

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've said that for 12 months. Which is also why Traore was the wrong right winger to bring in.

Don't get me wrong Traore has surprised me and I think he's useful, but he's still more a CAM than right winger. We need pace, directness and a working right foot for our right wing.

Obvious solution is just send Barkley back which is 99% to happen with how bad he's been and just get Traore playing his role next season.

Selling one of Trez/AEG gives us flexibility to get in two wide players, one potential and one more finished product.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind going for Nketiah in the summer. Seems to be struggling for minutes at Arsenal under Arteta and will only have 12 months left on his contract this summer. 

Was a profilic scorer at a young level and has a high work rate so would be an able support for Watkins in my opinion. For £15m or so could be a good option for  young English striker who has a high scoring record for the u21s and could turn out like the last neglected Arsenal player we bought....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alexvilla4 said:

I wouldn't mind going for Nketiah in the summer. Seems to be struggling for minutes at Arsenal under Arteta and will only have 12 months left on his contract this summer. 

Was a profilic scorer at a young level and has a high work rate so would be an able support for Watkins in my opinion. For £15m or so could be a good option for  young English striker who has a high scoring record for the u21s and could turn out like the last neglected Arsenal player we bought....

He’s utter shit

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

We are one of the best counter attacking teams in the league, I dont think we lack pace that much

How much is that comes from having the best ball carrier in the league though?

It's dangerous to look at stats when we got Jack.

16 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I think our window will be two parts. Holding onto Grealish, Emi and Konsa.

Signing centre mid powerhouse, and 2 wingers.

Totally agree. Albeit, I think we may only sign one winger as we need depth at left back and up top. 

18 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I think our window will be two parts. Holding onto Grealish, Emi and Konsa.

Signing centre mid powerhouse, and 2 wingers.

I think we will hold onto all 3 without any problem.

In the summer window I feel we need 6 players atleast based on our current team...

1 x LB, 1 x RB, 1 x CB, 1 x MC, 1 x AML, 1 x ST.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

In the summer window I feel we need 6 players atleast based on our current team...

I wouldnt disagree , but think we will go for quality in 3/4 areas as opposed to spreading the cash over so many positions 

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think you're correct about what we need. I'd expect the vast amount of the budget to be spent on the MC and AMC/ AML. Think we'll look at young up coming players for the rest.

I think we're in an unusual position right now. I think our first 11 is top 6-8 in the premier league but our subs are bottom 5/ championship level and that's what we need to change. 

Where this is seen most is up front. Hopefully Wesley will come back at some stage this season but the reality is Davis isn't good enough right now. 

Same goes for Trez, Taylor, Elmo, etc. Our back up centre backs are Hause (injured) and Engels (hasn't played in more than a year). 

It feels like over said this for 2 years but we need a realistic alternative sticker and some real pace in the wide areas. 

43 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I wouldnt disagree , but think we will go for quality in 3/4 areas as opposed to spreading the cash over so many positions 

41 minutes ago, picicata said:

I think you're correct about what we need. I'd expect the vast amount of the budget to be spent on the MC and AMC/ AML. Think we'll look at young up coming players for the rest.

I.agree with you both, of the 5 or 6 positions we need I think 3 or 4 will be quality additions and the remainders as backup signings.

Just some names we could/should target IMO... Florian Balgoun ST  Kristoffer Ajer CB,  Owen Wijndal LB, Mohammed Daramy RW, Christoph Baumgartner AM. Then that leaves the superstar mega signing of ...?

Adds quality and competition to the squad. Is achievable and wouldn’t break the bank on my opinion. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

We are one of the best counter attacking teams in the league, I dont think we lack pace that much

I think Ollie and Jack are the only players who are fast with and without the ball. I don't think we have anyone with electric pace. Or afterburner pace. It's a different tactic which I think would bring a different dynamic to our style of play.

Adama is crap but that Neto is what I'm talking about. Imagine him playing for us.