Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

It will be nice to be one of the teams that is able to take advantage of the financial problems caused by covid for other clubs then the other way around. And has been pointed out a few pages before, we already have a good idea about which league we will be in next year (compared to the last 2 seasons) which will help us in terms of targets, preparation and planning. 

18 minutes ago, sne said:

The financial situation at Barca means that they will likely be desperate to keep hold of those few players like Puig, Pedri & Fati who are on low salaries. But they will be desperate to get rid of the likes of Dembele, Griezmann, Coutinho and so on.

Then again they are in serious financial trouble so might listen to offers for any and every player.

What about Aleña?  He is a bit older I think.

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

What about Aleña?  He is a bit older I think.

Not seen him this season but not sure he's good enough for us or what we need. Wasn't impressed with his at Betis last season

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Big Salad said:

Any good free agents at the end of this season that would be good for us and have not already signed precontract with someone else?

just looking at out of contract players transfermarkt and there are a few names that interest me: Thauvin & Amavi are the two that spring to mind. There are a few others whom I've not really seen to make a judgement on (I see a few youngish players that could be interesting but who knows) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villa Stu said:

I actually think McNeil or saint maximan’s output would rise a fair bit in our system, they are both playing for teams that sit back, try not to concede and nick a goal, then with us they would have much more of a license to go forward and have players around them that are willing to do the same

That is a fair point, but it's pretty much unknown how much to expect it to rise by.

I'd be more bothered by the cost of removing them from their current club even a relegated Saint Maximan is going to cost 30 plus.

54 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I thought he was the one who Koeman doesn't particularly rate for some reason. Could've sworn that he was linked with Leeds in the summer

Not to my knowledge, even if it were true Koeman will probably get chucked out by whoever the new president is going to be.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sne said:

The financial situation at Barca means that they will likely be desperate to keep hold of those few players like Puig, Pedri & Fati who are on low salaries. But they will be desperate to get rid of the likes of Dembele, Griezmann, Coutinho and so on.

Then again they are in serious financial trouble so might listen to offers for any and every player.

They need to sell off all their old legends IMO and start fresh, their debts and wage bill is no joke.

20 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Any good free agents at the end of this season that would be good for us and have not already signed precontract with someone else?

Messi......

You asked for that response.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

just looking at out of contract players transfermarkt and there are a few names that interest me: Thauvin & Amavi are the two that spring to mind. There are a few others whom I've not really seen to make a judgement on (I see a few youngish players that could be interesting but who knows) 

I'd take Amavi at left back IF and it's a very big IF his wages were reasonable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

I'll throw in a tenner👍

He earns 58 pound a minute on his basic wage so your tenner will pay for about 10 seconds

Edited by paul514
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, sne said:

Puig was told he could go when koeman joined but that's gone a bit quiet, moriba has started playing a bit now too so he has no future there, he'll be interesting to see where he lands, probably arsenal... Would be a great signing for us, he'll be linked with bigger teams but doubt it'll materialise 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Puig was told he could go when koeman joined but that's gone a bit quiet, moriba has started playing a bit now too so he has no future there, he'll be interesting to see where he lands, probably arsenal... Would be a great signing for us, he'll be linked with bigger teams but doubt it'll materialise 

If he was available then a great signing more loads of clubs.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

They need to sell off all their old legends IMO and start fresh, their debts and wage bill is no joke.

Yeah, problem is that they are all sitting on massive contracts that runs to 2023 or 2024 so no one will take them. Alba, Busquets, Pique they will have to give away and neither want's to move even if they could find a club to take them. The same goes for Pjanic and Coutinho. Messi they obviously want to keep but they can't really afford to.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, paul514 said:

Puig won't be sold by Barca.

The other lad was highly thought of, both of those clubs need to reduce their spending especially Barca there may be a player to improve us who would want to sign for us.

I think they will

12 months left of his contract this summer, they have a few players in his position already and then a few more coming up behind him, 2 starts and 6 sub appearances so far this year

If koeman prefers moriba and pedri then they'll cash in on puig

And that's before you look at barcas finances and say they could be looking to cash in on anyone

If Louie Barry can talk his mate moriba in to coming instead then I'd be happy with that too 😋

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, problem is that they are all sitting on massive contracts that runs to 2023 or 2024 so no one will take them. Alba, Busquets, Pique they will have to give away and neither want's to move even if they could find a club to take them. The same goes for Pjanic and Coutinho. Messi they obviously want to keep but they can't really afford to.

The real problem is they don't want to offload the legends they are too stupid to start again with their large resources in terms of wages.

• Like 1

Striker signing might depend on whether we want to improve on Watkins, or bring in back up, or how good Wesley looks on his comeback.

Edited by useless

34 minutes ago, paul514 said:

That is a fair point, but it's pretty much unknown how much to expect it to rise by.

I'd be more bothered by the cost of removing them from their current club even a relegated Saint Maximan is going to cost 30 plus.

I think I would prefer to spend £30m+ on him than on Barkley mate, especially now we have sanson in

57 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

I think I would prefer to spend £30m+ on him than on Barkley mate, especially now we have sanson in

Why is Barkley the alternative the guy is lucky he hasn’t been sent to the factory to be made into glue