Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

I don’t know the Spanish league well, but a Villa supporting mate who does reckons we should try for Vinicius Junior for LW from Real Madrid, and/or Riqui Puig from Barca for ACM. Both very young, not getting many minutes and could be available for the right price. 

Any la Liga fans in who’ve watched them? 

Vinicius got lots of pace and good making runs behind back 4 but lacks loads of composure finishing chances. Probably will be loaned out by Madrid if they have a big summer signing a forward or two but not sure how realistic a target he'd be.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Awol said:

I don’t know the Spanish league well, but a Villa supporting mate who does reckons we should try for Vinicius Junior for LW from Real Madrid, and/or Riqui Puig from Barca for ACM. Both very young, not getting many minutes and could be available for the right price. 

Any la Liga fans in who’ve watched them? 

Puig won't be sold by Barca.

The other lad was highly thought of, both of those clubs need to reduce their spending especially Barca there may be a player to improve us who would want to sign for us.

2 hours ago, Villa Stu said:

Focussing just on the starting 11 (we all know we need at least 1 or 2 squad players this season hoping guilbert and Wes come back good) and for the starting 11 we need incremental improvement but it would be good to see us go for at least 1 class player. We know we lack creativity in games when Jack is not playing and we know there are a number of players that could improve our rw or 10 (or less if Jack plays 10). For me we need at least 1 player that will settle in quick and is a high quality level prem player. A couple of suggestions are deleufuo, McNeil, saint maximan, zaha (maybe too old being 28?). These are the types I would like to see us go for, yes they will cost a lot but I think it would be worth it when you look at the prices rumoured for Barkley.

If we managed to sign 1 of the above I would then like to see us sign a cb for competition, and a dm that can compete/rotate

Zaha would be an excellent signing but the cost in wages and fee would be prohibitive for a player of his age because of the lack of sell on, I also doubt he would leave home for us.
The other three don't have enough output even though I do like Saint Maximan.

37 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Zaha would be an excellent signing but the cost in wages and fee would be prohibitive for a player of his age because of the lack of sell on, I also doubt he would leave home for us.
The other three don't have enough output even though I do like Saint Maximan.

I actually think McNeil or saint maximan’s output would rise a fair bit in our system, they are both playing for teams that sit back, try not to concede and nick a goal, then with us they would have much more of a license to go forward and have players around them that are willing to do the same

• Like 1

One of the things we lacked pre lockdown last season was energy. We seemed to find some after lockdown and for the first half of this season. That now seems to have gone again, with the exception of Ollie. I think some of that could well be part of our Covid problem and the truncated season has left many of our players burnt out. This has been accentuated by the lack of depth in our squad.

I find it incredible that so many people thought that we didn’t need another striker or attacking wide player last summer. Ollie’s energy levels have been beyond belief and we’ve been fortunate that he hasn’t got injured but he needs help up front. I’m not suggesting he shouldn’t play, because he is fundamental to how we play but imagine if we had a second wide forward scoring more regularly. I think Traore is decent but hit and miss, Trez and AEG similar but probably not as good as him on top form. Wide forward with energy and goals is pretty high on my list for the summer. 

Central midfield lacks energy but also guile. It must be remembered that Dougie is only 22 and improved massively after lockdown 1 and earlier in the season. He has tailed off recently but we have no really adequate replacement on the bench. Hopefully he’ll come on again next season.

SJM worries me more in midfield. He’s just not the player he was and we seriously miss that energy but it must come with quality.

Wide forward, quality in central midfield, (Jack as no.10) and of course fullbacks who are good enough to not only offer cover but to push for a starting place. All with energy please!

Simple enough surely!?

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Very good player but Basque (pretty much La Real's Grealish) and he'd only leave them for a Barca or Real Madrid. Talking 50-60m there.

Mentioned him before but Chukuweze at Villareal is a decent up and coming wide player although still lacks a bit of consistancy.

Barca and Madrid can't afford that right now. If we bid 80 mil for him I think we could get him. His wages would have too big 150-200k a week probably. But he is one of the few players on the same level as grealish not already at a massive club. 

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I reckon NSWE will sell a Pyramid and we'll go for Haaland 

Apparently a  £60m release clause until 2022. Also he's a Leeds fan and allegedly has said he'd love to play for them.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Apparently a  £60m release clause until 2022. Also he's a Leeds fan and allegedly has said he'd love to play for them.

No his release clause becomes active in 2022. Dortmund will sell him this summer to get more money. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

The clause doesn't kick in until 2022. This summer he will be about double that or more.

Still be worth it thou for whoever signes him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sne said:

The clause doesn't kick in until 2022. This summer he will be about double that or more.

Still be worth it thou for whoever signes him.

Oh ok I thought it was the other way around. 

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Barca and Madrid can't afford that right now. If we bid 80 mil for him I think we could get him. His wages would have too big 150-200k a week probably. But he is one of the few players on the same level as grealish not already at a massive club. 

La Real played in europa this season and could still make top 4 given their form has picked up and Sevilla lost yesterday so have to consider that aswell. He ain't leaving if they make top 4.

Thinking about it Alex Isak would be a good signing for us, had a sticky spell first half of the season but come nicely into form again last few weeks given he's their number one striker again and would fit into premier league no problem.

Looks like Torino going to get relegated this season....I wonder on Belotti who was rumoured target for us in summer 2019. Even this season his goal output is still good, 11 in 22 Serie A games.

Will probably sign for Roma or AC Milan though and Italian strikers don't always travel well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

Puig won't be sold by Barca.

The other lad was highly thought of, both of those clubs need to reduce their spending especially Barca there may be a player to improve us who would want to sign for us.

I thought he was the one who Koeman doesn't particularly rate for some reason. Could've sworn that he was linked with Leeds in the summer

The financial situation at Barca means that they will likely be desperate to keep hold of those few players like Puig, Pedri & Fati who are on low salaries. But they will be desperate to get rid of the likes of Dembele, Griezmann, Coutinho and so on.

Then again they are in serious financial trouble so might listen to offers for any and every player.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If Haaland moved to Leeds I’d set fire to my legs in despair. 

• Haha 1