Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

42 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Drinkwater and Kante was not the same season, at least not according to google. 

So you reckon losing Kante and Drinkwater from their title winning first team over 2 years means their team was dismantled. Yeah, that's not the right word. That's how normal football clubs ideally are run.

But it's just semantics at this point. I'll let the David Mitchell rage die off and get so lunch.

I wasn’t referring to the dismantling of the team as a whole as losing those two players. That happened over a period of time longer than one year. 

Anyway, enjoy your lunch. 

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m not having that......😅

He thrived when he played next to Kante, but playing alongside anyone else he really struggled

He was shocking in the Great Escape season and was also very poor in 16/17 after we sold Kante

• Like 1

Wouldn't be against us harvesting AZ Alkmaar for some talent this summer. They have some promising talent that could slot nicely into our squad and would be affordable, young and with high potential.

Koopmeiners gets all the attention and would be a great addition, been talked about quite a lot and linked to some big clubs like Liverpool too.

Wijndal is a promising young LB, could deputise Targett for a season or two and hopefully grow into quite a competitive position for us.

Stengs at CAM/RW would be nice too, young enough to rotate and give opportunities to Ramsey and Carney as they develop. Also enough potential to make the position his own. Would allow us to play Jack central and have a competent second choice. And also good enough to play there in the XI with Jack left.

Emi (Jed)

Cash (Fred), Konsa (New), Mings (KH), Targett (Wijndal)

Sanson (McGinn) Koopmeiners (Luiz, MN)

Traore (JPB) Jack (Stengs, JJ), New (AEG)

Ollie (Wes, KD)

I'd be happy with that as a 25 man squad (still space for one more next season as JJ still wouldn't need to be registered) assuming the two 'New' are world beaters 😉

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Wouldn't be against us harvesting AZ Alkmaar for some talent this summer. They have some promising talent that could slot nicely into our squad and would be affordable, young and with high potential.

Koopmeiners gets all the attention and would be a great addition, been talked about quite a lot and linked to some big clubs like Liverpool too.

Wijndal is a promising young LB, could deputise Targett for a season or two and hopefully grow into quite a competitive position for us.

Stengs at CAM/RW would be nice too, young enough to rotate and give opportunities to Ramsey and Carney as they develop. Also enough potential to make the position his own. Would allow us to play Jack central and have a competent second choice. And also good enough to play there in the XI with Jack left.

Emi (Jed)

Cash (Fred), Konsa (New), Mings (KH), Targett (Wijndal)

Sanson (McGinn) Koopmeiners (Luiz, MN)

Traore (JPB) Jack (Stengs, JJ), New (AEG)

Ollie (Wes, KD)

I'd be happy with that as a 25 man squad (still space for one more next season as JJ still wouldn't need to be registered) assuming the two 'New' are world beaters 😉

pat morita nod GIF

12 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

I hope they does this and squad ready for next season: 

Goalkeeper Dept:
GK: Martinez; Steers; Onodi

We don't need sort it, Hope Heaton stay with us, but understand his reason - Maybe any experience GK who happy sit 2nd or 3rd choice - Free Transfer or Loan - short term fix?

Defensive Dept:
DR
: Cash; Gulibert; Kesler
Capacity play there; Konsa
DL: Targett; (NEW - Urgent Priority); Chrisene
Capacity play there; Mings ; Hause
CH: Konsa + Mings; (New or Keep Engels) + Hause; D.Revan + (Bogarde or Swinkels or Bridge)
 I Hope Bridge and D.Revan stay with us as they is contract up end of the season - i think.

We need sort this dept:
1x Back up Buy - young future star or Loan - experience Left full back Loan? - This is Priority need sort

No important but required carefully plan once all Priority area solves:
1x Back up Buy young future star with ready or able cope minimum Premiership Level or challenge average pro might worth Loan or Buy?

Loan or cheap buy to save budget as we already good area in this beside left might need address back up.

maybe we go for very good young LB to push Targett and challenge him? - might expensive? - I think so so we could've good squad as we has in right full back.

Midfield Dept:

DM:
(NEW - Urgent Priority); Marvellous; Bogarde
Marvellous - I'm not sure if we need sell him or keep him as Back up I like him # Be fair on him i think we should look for better DM than him, Berge or Bossoma or Other.
Capacity play there; Luiz
CM: Luiz; Sanson; McGinn; Chukwuemeka; J.Ramsey; Raikhy
Capacity play there; Grealish; A.Ramsey
AM: Grealish; (NEW - Priority), J.Ramsey; A.Ramsey

Priority: we need get better DM with ball control and passing "Playmaker" vision, with mobility - quicker around to protect back four, with winner and threat aerial header, strong tackle who can drop to Centre half become 5-4-1 - no required Sub. plus he can play as Nature CM in 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 - that reason I keen player like Berge and Phillips, Rice, Ajer type players. (Maybe Dier) will help adjust tactical in the match and flexible or it was me and my system? - any player like this any you know who? 

MY dream "Recommend" buy is Skipp as can see very good future play in him or Phillips; both couldn't got chance buy them especially Skipp he will big part of Spurs next season might we go cheeky bid him, only issues he might not able play CH drop deep but i would have him as DM or CM roles.

Offensive Dept

RW: (NEW - Urgent Priority); Traore; Burchall - I heard we will sign him and big future could save us lots of money. 
LW: Grealish; (NEW - Urgent Priority); El Ghazi; Philogene-Bidace 
Capacity play there; Watkins; Barry
FW: Watkins; (NEW - Priority); Wesley; Barry; Young 
Sell or Loan: Davis and Wesley if we buy new forward to back up.

I think we should have Sell El-Ghazi and Trezeguet, in next Jan Transfer not in this summer yet we need sign replace both in this summer.

Seven Priority with "Four" Urgent we need to get player we need sort :S that is a lots to sort after this we will have very good long Term. 

We will Release Heaton + Elmo + Taylor this summer I think we will be ok beside left back.  

We should off-load Marvellous and Davis, Wesley, El Ghazi, Trezeguet replace them better player.

I think it's unlikely Trez and El Ghazi will go, the first through injury and the second, signing someone who provided the goals El Ghazi but willing to be a squad player is very difficult.  I wouldn't be surprised if El Ghazi gets a new contract rather than leave.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think it's unlikely Trez and El Ghazi will go, the first through injury and the second, signing someone who provided the goals El Ghazi but willing to be a squad player is very difficult.  I wouldn't be surprised if El Ghazi gets a new contract rather than leave.

yes, that is a problem that why i think they should left in Jan rather Summer, I think we shouldn't give him new contract until he prove us he can do next season that reward and give him back up or play left side with ACM if he got consistency form.

El Ghazi - I think he is brilliant in left side but not right side - I don't like him cos won't track back same reason i don't like Traore;

I know both is very good player in attack I like both - yet i know other player can preform better than both that why we should go look for them replace him or buy them as starter and keep both back up ; both got 5 common problem Non-consistency and lack track back, lost ball turn goal against us, big ego and arrogant to change. 

4 hours ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

Goalkeeper Dept:

We don't need sort it, Hope Heaton stay with us, but understand his reason - Maybe any experience GK who happy sit 2nd or 3rd choice - Free Transfer or Loan - short term fix?

Defensive Dept:
DR
CH: Konsa + Mings; (New or Keep Engels) + Hause; D.Revan + (Bogarde or Swinkels or Bridge)
 I Hope Bridge and D.Revan stay with us as they is contract up end of the season - i think.

We need sort this dept:
1x Back up Buy - young future star or Loan - experience Left full back Loan? - This is Priority need sort

1x Back up Buy young future star with ready or able cope minimum Premiership Level or challenge average pro might worth Loan or Buy?

Loan or cheap buy to save budget as we already good area in this beside left might need address back up.

maybe we go for very good young LB to push Targett and challenge him? - might expensive? - I think so so we could've good squad as we has in right full back.

Midfield Dept:

DM:
Marvellous - I'm not sure if we need sell him or keep him as Back up I like him # Be fair on him i think we should look for better DM than him, Berge or Bossoma or Other.

Priority: we need get better DM with ball control and passing "Playmaker" vision, with mobility - quicker around to protect back four, with winner and threat aerial header, strong tackle who can drop to Centre half become 5-4-1 - no required Sub. plus he can play as Nature CM in 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 - that reason I keen player like Berge and Phillips, Rice, Ajer type players. (Maybe Dier) will help adjust tactical in the match and flexible or it was me and my system? - any player like this any you know who? 

MY dream "Recommend" buy is Skipp as can see very good future play in him or Phillips; both couldn't got chance buy them especially Skipp he will big part of Spurs next season might we go cheeky bid him, only issues he might not able play CH drop deep but i would have him as DM or CM roles.

Offensive Dept

RW: (NEW - Urgent Priority); Traore; Burchall - I heard we will sign him and big future could save us lots of money. 

I think we should have Sell El-Ghazi and Trezeguet, in next Jan Transfer not in this summer yet we need sign replace both in this summer.

Seven Priority with "Four" Urgent we need to get player we need sort :S that is a lots to sort after this we will have very good long Term. 

We will Release Heaton + Elmo + Taylor this summer I think we will be ok beside left back.  

We should off-load Marvellous and Davis, Wesley, El Ghazi, Trezeguet replace them better player.

Not  a bad summary at all

Defensive Midfielder upgrade on Nakamba and Right Forward upgrade on Traore needed as priority. As is any sufficient left back to replace Taylor. Then an additional CF of LF who can/has played CF. Possibly Engles leaves and is replaced. 

• Like 2

Just seems the kind of player that can provide the solution to our midfield dilemma, this Koopmeiners lad.

Great passing range and he can take a free kick too!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Im excited for this summer, all being well, this should be our most exciting transfer window in more than a decade!, as long as we are willing to put the cash up!

I really hope we can convince a few top players to come to us, we havent been in such a positive position as a club since the early MON years imo, in terms of club progress.

If you look at 06/07, after MONs first year where we also finished 11th, this season kinda feels like that for me, where i actually have some excitement when i consider the future!

10-15 years since we are in such a good place!, i hope we make the most of it.

• Like 1

@Danny_Villaman84 I agree with almost all of what you say other than the wingers. Too easy to forget El Ghazi for all his inconsistencies has scored 9 prem goals so far, important ones too ... Traore 6 goals & 6 assists plus 4 of 7 goals are nominees for goals of the season... Grealish back, Philogene-Bidace coming through. I can see us targeting a quality CAM who can cover the flanks and poss another ST/WF, instead of a out-&-out winger ... I do reckon we will sign a young prospect to develop... Who though ?

Edited by thabucks

7 hours ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

Goalkeeper Dept:

Defensive Dept:
DR

We need sort this dept:

Midfield Dept:

DM:

Offensive Dept

Great in-depth post Danny and good to see you back on VT mate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1