Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Where do the new players come in?

Yeah we're going to struggle to attract a striker like Tammy given we play one up top and Watkins is a nailed on starter every week - Wes will be his understudy. Maybe we swap Davis for Barry - but can't see why we'd spend in this area. Smith has said we need to add some creativity so I can see Pereira coming in quite quickly and one of Trez or AEG eventually shipped out. At the back there's only back up spots to compete for - so maybe a couple of talented youngsters to push Cash and Targett. 

So far that's x1 creative player and x2 yoofs - and we'd be improved - £60 mill max. 

I think we could see atleast 7 or 8 players arriving this summer transfer window.

Once the players who leave us on a Bosman or sold we will be looking a wee bit bare.

I cannot wait for this transfer window to open.

24 minutes ago, Nigel said:

None of us knew martinez would be at the martinez level before we bought him.

The point being if the process says this is the player we want then I'm sure they will be an improvement. 

I  trust the process 100%

I do not agree on the Martinez level, clearly he surpassed all expectations but we did know we bought Heaton level of a goalkeeper (even thou consistency could be questioned due to lack of games)

Edit: My point of clear quality signings still stands, I think we need that for pushing Europe :) 

Edited by MentalM

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

As backup/motivation though? 

And I agree Watto is awesome.

Just can't see any top striker coming in happy to play second fiddle, and it would be a waste of budget not to use them - Wes if he gets his form back would do that job well I think. Maybe we can replace Davis, but get the feeling we will be leaving spots open for the kids - i.e. Barry. 

• Like 2

While we are in Scotland, Ryan Kent? 

He’s running at around a 1 in 3.5 strike rate for Rangers but he’s mobile and can beat a player. 

50 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Turnbull is 21, has just won Celtics player of the year and young player of the year. 

Ive never seen him play but winning those awards at just 21 is impressive. Could be an interesting transfer if it goes ahead. 

I think Ramsey will be loaned, Conor will be gone and Barkley will go back to Chelsea. I also think we may move Nakamba on. Chukwuemeka might be one more season away from making an impact so there is room to add to the midfield dept.

Fully agree with this except the bold. Nakamba does a cracking back up DCM job when called upon and can act as a Park Ji-Sung type player for us against a super attacking high quality team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

While we are in Scotland, Ryan Kent? 

He’s running at around a 1 in 3.5 strike rate for Rangers but he’s mobile and can beat a player. 

Most people with legs could get that in Scotland. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really looking forward to the summer transfer drama but I’m guessing nothing will really happen until after the Euros?

Then i insist that we Sign all the players!!

I will be suprised if any activity happens before the Euro's finish.

Never say never though..

7 minutes ago, MentalM said:

I

I do not agree on the Martinez level, clearly he surpassed all expectations but we did know we bought Heaton level of a goalkeeper (even thou consistency could be questioned due to lack of games)

The lack of games is the very point that it was a gamble. He could easily have been any one of dozens of keepers that don't live up to the hype.

This fact is glossed over since he has been so good from day one.

It does give you a great deal of comfort in the process that they use to identify players!

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

The lack of games is the very point that it was a gamble. He could easily have been any one of dozens of keepers that don't live up to the hype.

It does give you a great deal of comfort in the process that they use to identify players!

Guess we just disagree on how much of a gamble it was :D

I have so much faith in the process of identifying players, I do not think we have done any "bad" transfers since we got promoted, bar perhaps Engels, but again at that price its not even bad

4 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I'd have to disagree, Nigel - it wasn't hype with Martinez, we'd seen what he was capable of at the back of end of last season. 

• Like 1