Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Sounds just what we need.

Yeah I think so too, if there was a chemistry between him and Jack and the ability to interchange then we'd be laughing 

Jack gets injured he says he doesn't want to play there but he'd be our 2nd best left winger 

• Like 2

Thought I would chime in on the Brandt talk, months back I put him forward as an interesting player on here when the initial talk of him being available for 25 million euros was banded about.

I cooled on the idea for one simple reason, I would like two wingers who are capable of interchanging and capable of playing in a pure 10 position (not much defensive duty.

The reason for this is because money isn’t endless and it could help to keep several high quality wingers happy with the amount of minutes they get. Also we have lots of players currently would can play as an attacking midfielder with two good DCM’s behind AND we may want to look at more of a 433 in games as a tactical option like Liverpool so where there middle three don’t go forward as often when we need to be more defensive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

we went down buying french no thanks

They’re mostly playing champions league nowadays after we sold them. There’s plenty of very decent talent in France who would improve us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

If Buendia is indeed available at around £35m I'd seriously hope we are in for him. Would have thought they'd be asking more than that.

Then again it's all paper talk and speculation.

I really don’t think they will get more than £35m, he was available for less than £20m last year after his season in the prem, and yes he has yet again shown his worth in the championship but there will still be question marks and not many teams will be willing to spend that much on anyone at the moment.

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I really don’t think they will get more than £35m, he was available for less than £20m last year after his season in the prem, and yes he has yet again shown his worth in the championship but there will still be question marks and not many teams will be willing to spend that much on anyone at the moment.

No he wasn't. 20 mil was the starting price. 

2 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

I certainly hope not.

It's the one player i am hoping we sign. Wonderful technique and dribbling. His defensive workrate and pressing is superb.

Keeping track on news surrounding him and been heavily linked with Leeds today.

Could become a bidding war if it comes to it. Bielsa is a big pull though. Argentenian connection as well

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

No he wasn't. 20 mil was the starting price. 

I get what you are saying but if it is the starting price and no one else wants to pay it, then it kind of ends up being the end price.

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

But no takers, I saw £18m mentioned but no one was willing to take the chance

There was a lot of interest but Norwich wanted too much. I don't see any reason they would sell for less than they value him. As he is their best player and might keep them up this year. 

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

How much is that in £??? 

Between £15-20m.

£20-25m according to other sources.

Just South American media (online) that have reported on it so far and it has only gone so far as an enquiry.

Bid is anticipated when the window opens.

• Like 1

Listening to Smith earlier on Talk Sport, he is more interested in signing English players, or players that have played Premier League. If that's the case maybe we should be tempting players like Eze or St maximin to come to us.