Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, sne said:

I'd probably blame that more on Villa and our previous scouting departments than on Ligue 1 and France.

Just have to look at the never ending stream of extremely talented players that they produce year after year after year.

Exactly this. Same can be said for a lot of leagues, including the Championship.

Get the right players with the right coaches in the right system, and it all works.  
The right players, with the wrong coach (sometimes) in the wrong system  - England national team over the past 25 years. 

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Yh brandt, Bellingham and the main man, that's it probably for what we're after, not happening though sadly.

i think brandt we could if im honest, he's said that he wants to play as a 10 but we could see him interchanging with jack, im not sure who goes in for him, especially with draxler available too (who i hope we avoid like the plague)

he'll be linked with arsenal as the cheaper option to odegaard but he's also the type of player who will do not a fat lot in arsenals current set up and they have smith rowe coming through 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i think brandt we could if im honest, he's said that he wants to play as a 10 but we could see him interchanging with jack, im not sure who goes in for him, especially with draxler available too (who i hope we avoid like the plague)

he'll be linked with arsenal as the cheaper option to odegaard but he's also the type of player who will do not a fat lot in arsenals current set up and they have smith rowe coming through 

Wasn't plop after brandt big time

Brandt reportedly has a release clause of £22 million according the ever reliable Sun and other sources... Bargain if true and the sort of player I see us starting to target. 

imagine a midfield next season with Brandt, Grealish, Giorgian de Arrascaeta, with Sanson/McGinn & Luiz behind them. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Brandt reportedly has a release clause of £22 million according the ever reliable Sun and other sources... Bargain if true... 

That's purslows thing, good value deals, that might have legs. It will be on sky villa linked to him, they prob get all bullcrap links and gossip from fan forums.

58 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

thats who i was thinking of when i said no to their midfielders, him or dahoud, no thanks

Emre Can would be great. Big Strong (which we have established @villalad21 like) but he is massively skilled

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Emre Can would be great. Big Strong (which we have established @villalad21 like) but he is massively skilled

They won't sell him, they have too much deadwood to shift in CM before they got to him 

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

Is there any link to Brandt or is it just that we’d like him? Also, who is Brandt?

No link, id like him, he's leaving dortmund this summer as he's struggling for game time and stated that he wants to be a 10, arsenal are kean on him and his fee would be relatively low 

Hes a German international, started out on the left wing for leverkusen but they had havertz, Bailey and bought Diaby so sold him to dortmund where they didn't really need him either plus seemingly rotate a lot so he's never settled there

• Thanks 2

On 01/05/2021 at 15:21, jacketspuds said:

Ampadu has always looked good in the CDM role. Would be a decent signing as can cover either position.

Last weekend's game showed how the signing of Ampadu on loan next season would provide much needed depth in a number of positions with just one (loan) signing.

With Mings missing he can cover at centre half, where he has successfully played in a Champions League quarter final.

With  e need for a CDM (and/or midfielders out of form)  he could play there as he has done in Euro/World Cup qualifiers.

And has played right back for Chelsea too, so useful cover for Cash injury/suspensions.

Still only 20 (and will still be 20 at the start of next season) is unlikely to get a regular first team spot at Chelsea but has enough promise/time on his side for Chelsea to prefer a loan to a sale.

And Smith/Villa tried to sign him two summers ago. Makes sense to me.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No link, id like him, he's leaving dortmund this summer as he's struggling for game time and stated that he wants to be a 10, arsenal are kean on him and his fee would be relatively low 

Hes a German international, started out on the left wing for leverkusen but they had havertz, Bailey and bought Diaby so sold him to dortmund where they didn't really need him either plus seemingly rotate a lot so he's never settled there

spacer.png

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Sounds just what we need.