Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

I wouldn't be too obsessed with shopping in France. Gilbert, Traore and Sanson haven't set the world on fire. Dont get me wrong they're decent players but haven't provided the same impact Martinez, Konsa, Watkins or Ming's have. 

Edit - Engels too*

I'd probably blame that more on Villa and our previous scouting departments than on Ligue 1 and France.

Just have to look at the never ending stream of extremely talented players that they produce year after year after year.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, paul514 said:

He is on loan from a US club in the championship tearing it up

https://www.transfermarkt.com/daryl-dike/profil/spieler/638741

Personally I don't see a striker as a priority this summer if we have 100m to spend, if we have 260m then sure..... but we won't

I think he would be a better (and cheaper alternative from Tammy). I don't see striker as a priority as well, but then I see that we're apparently going to spend 40m on bringing Tammy back. 

Although he wouldn’t be a priority I would love us to sign Abraham. He’d offer us a completely different option and we know he’d score goals for us.

Smith would have to find a way to work both him and Watkins in to the team and if we really want to show ambition and push on, a marquee signing like that would certainly demonstrate it.

However, before we do anything like that we have to sort the midfield out. We don’t really have a leader in there, like we do with Martinez  and Mings in their respective positions. A vocal, dominant DM would make a huge difference to us. Then we have to bring in a winger or ACM depending on where Grealish is going to play.

If we’re focussing heavily on France we could do far worse than looking at Boubacar Kamara, a very highly rated DM who can also play CB. Others have mentioned Koopmeiners, who would also be a quality signing.

For the wing options I hope the links to the Zerkane are because Trezeguet is out and we need more options as opposed to a regular starter. It’s a big risk otherwise. I’d still love to see us make a move for Pedro Neto, but not sure if that’s realistic. McNeill is another option that we could go for.

• Like 1

If Buendia is indeed available at around £35m I'd seriously hope we are in for him. Would have thought they'd be asking more than that.

Then again it's all paper talk and speculation.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sne said:

If Buendia is indeed available at around £35m I'd seriously hope we are in for him. Would have thought they'd be asking more than that.

Then again it's all paper talk and speculation.

Leeds interested in him as well. 

Could it becime a bidding war? 

12 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Turns out they were all extremely good players now playing at the top level of European football - the ones that took us down are now doing the rounds on the punditry circuit.

only 2 of them were actually French as well

16 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Turns out they were all extremely good players now playing at the top level of European football - the ones that took us down are now doing the rounds on the punditry circuit.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think it’s best to just take each case on it’s merits. Amavi came from France and was good for us, so was Gana Gueye... and we have signed some awful rubbish from England over the years so I don’t think it matters where they play necessarily.

Same for Veretout if he had been given time and more support from both the club and certain fans he would have developed into a good signing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Private jet booked from Flughafen Dortmund to BHX, couldn't be anything to do with us, just random coincidence. 

jude...

"coming home" ;)

seriously though im not sure who there is thats a realistic link from them, theres a few that i hope we're nowhere near especially in central midfield, brandt would be interesting 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

jude...

"coming home" ;)

seriously though im not sure who there is thats a realistic link from them, theres a few that i hope we're nowhere near especially in central midfield, brandt would be interesting 

Might be someone from Schalke 04?

Kerim Calhanoglu coming in to join his cousin Hakan at Villa :D 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

jude...

"coming home" ;)

Yh brandt, Bellingham and the main man, that's it probably for what we're after, not happening though sadly.