Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

10 minutes ago, thunderball said:

‘Professor” Dave Jordan. Look up Aston Villa Supporters Trust “Jonny Gould’s Football Channel” podcast, episode 15th Sept 2020. 👍🏻

His he a professor? If so he's to F'in smart for me 🤣.

I'll have a watch see what it's all about.

Thanks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

His he a professor? If so he's to F'in smart for me 🤣.

I'll have a watch see what it's all about.

Thanks.

There is a retired professor of mathematics David Jordan at Yorkshire University. Could be the same guy?

51 minutes ago, thunderball said:

There is a retired professor of mathematics David Jordan at Yorkshire University. Could be the same guy?

If you’re taking about the Dave Jordan that was on Jonny Gould’s podcast, then it’s not the same person. This guy works in finance and has a good grasp of FFP, but he’s not that old, and to my knowledge he’s not a professor. I went to Wembley with him for the playoffs so have spoken to him a few times.

• Thanks 1

From memory Lequipe are pretty accurate? To be fair I haven’t read the original article, nor can I be bothered to find it! 😆 

Edit: who am I kidding, I’ve got nothing better to do...

l’equipe article

On the lookout for several months, Aston Villa, eleventh in the Premier League, would like to attract Bordeaux attacking midfielder Mehdi Zerkane this summer.

He did not play for long this Sunday against Lens (3-0) , but he scored a nice goal and it must have finished convincing Aston Villa. The English club had again dispatched an emissary to the Bordeaux stands for this 37th day of L1, in order to observe several players but especially Mehdi Zerkane.

From English sources, the Girondins milieu has been followed for about three months by the Villans, who have made contact with his entourage. Versatile, young (21 years old), the Algerian international (1 selection) has appeared 26 times in the Championship this season. His contract, which runs until 2024, would not be likely to frighten the English, who could send a first offer at the end of the season.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Imagine Man city being compared to a country and its research and technology levels, they would so be compared to Japan because they were at once considered to be two decades or so in front of everyone else. So to bring yourself closer or on par with Japan you must go and find yourself better or same level of scientists to Japan. Somehow we have to close and bridge the gap making your country more reliable, efficient and competitive. To do that the resource that buys these scientists is money and money is spent in a big way when your having to bridge a gap between us and a few big teams. If that makes sense to you great if not I don't care I just made this paragraph all up 🤣.

Wait, are you saying what I think you’re saying? We’re back in for Kiyotake

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

From memory Lequipe are pretty accurate? To be fair I haven’t read the original article, nor can I be bothered to find it! 😆 

Edit: who am I kidding, I’ve got nothing better to do...

l’equipe article

Back up for Traore? If that is the case indicates one of the current wingers would be off in the summer.

Or a replacement for Buendía as Norwich are linked too.

Edited by zab6359

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I think it will be well over 100 mill that's coming in, that's my thought.

But yeah I agree there are players like Martinez signing that is complete crazy business and we should be on the look out for them. I would still like us to spend big on two or three signings and when I mean big I mean big big. It's only fair to find some players who can hold there own if Grealish isn't playing or even if he is he doesn't have to do the job of two or three players, he needs help and that help will cost because your talking world class signings now.

The way I see it is if the top 6 are buying the best out, you have to kind of jump in that same area of signings because if you don't you just won't compete. Look at what Smith has said recently that to compete with the likes of Mancity you have to spend an awful lot, I think the Owners will know that.

Imagine Man city being compared to a country and its research and technology levels, they would so be compared to Japan because they were at once considered to be two decades or so in front of everyone else. So to bring yourself closer or on par with Japan you must go and find yourself better or same level of scientists to Japan. Somehow we have to close and bridge the gap making your country more reliable, efficient and competitive. To do that the resource that buys these scientists is money and money is spent in a big way when your having to bridge a gap between us and a few big teams. If that makes sense to you great if not I don't care I just made this paragraph all up 🤣.

dr steve brule confusion GIF

• Like 2

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

If you’re taking about the Dave Jordan that was on Jonny Gould’s podcast, then it’s not the same person. This guy works in finance and has a good grasp of FFP, but he’s not that old, and to my knowledge he’s not a professor. I went to Wembley with him for the playoffs so have spoken to him a few times.

So you have intimate knowledge of this guy? 🤣

Edited by Dave-R

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

dr steve brule confusion GIF

Is he the guy off the king Kong film, not recent one the one before where he got stranded?

I can do it all again in a different way if you like Jas, I will even make it about pork sarnies 🤭

Edited by Dave-R

Would any take Mata on a free this summer ? Think even at 33 he would be a great signing for a middle ranked prem team and a great player for the youngsters to learn of. 

23 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Is he the guy off the king Kong film, not recent one the one before where he got stranded?

I can do it all again in a different way if you like Jas, I will even make it about pork sarnies 🤭

🤣

yeah he is, Skull island.

I just think someone of his ilk could come in and have an impact for season maybe not so much on the pitch. We have a great crop of youngsters who IMO would benefit immensely from training & learning from a player like Mata. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Nope. High earner, low impact. The opposite of what we need in my opinion.

We're aiming to be higher than middle ranked too. Let's get some top prospects who can get there.

The Office Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

🤣

yeah he is, Skull island.

He's got this dry comedy I like, he's pretty good in skull island.

Just now, Dave-R said:

He's got this dry comedy I like, he's pretty good in skull island.

Yeah, he was pretty good in that.

I preferred the King Kong prior (Peter Jackson), bit of an epic.

Anyway, back to the footy 🤣

16 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Would any take Mata on a free this summer ? Think even at 33 he would be a great signing for a middle ranked prem team and a great player for the youngsters to learn of. 

Nope, unless it’s Ronaldo I don’t want old players coming in we are building 

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Nope. High earner, low impact. The opposite of what we need in my opinion.

We're aiming to be higher than middle ranked too. Let's get some top prospects who can get there.

We have top prospects and my point was  who do they have to look up to and learn from - especially if Jack goes? Mata is a class player who could easily perform a  role for us on the pitch. whilst others learn and progress off it. I just think that given he is in a free and the nature of him as not only a player but also as a person, could only be positive effect. 

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Yeah sure we will have a rocking chair's installed for the retirees.