Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

14 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’ve been wrapped up in the Grealish crap… so who are we currently linked with?

GK - Stephens (Oxford United)

Def - Tuanzebe (Manchester United), Cahill (Free Agent), Small (Everton)

Mid - Berge (Sheffield United), Ward Prowse (Southampton - very unlikely), Pape Matar Sarr (Metz - most likely staying another year)

Winger/Attacking Mids - Alvarez (River Plate), McNeil (Burnley), Cantwell (Norwich), Damsgaard (Sampdoria)

Striker - Abraham (Chelsea)

Should note - all of the outfield players apart from Ward-Prowse and Cahill are aged 23 or less. That's likely to continue to be our ideal age range.

The Leon Bailey link came out of nowhere though. He hadn't been linked in the media previously, although some fans had mentioned he would be an interesting signing for us. Our next purchase is more than likely not going to be from any of these - there so many prospects out there.

Edited by Wes

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Christopher Nkunku fits all criteria

A player I’ve suggested as well, excellent at set pieces and can play LW and across the front three and possibly AM too, he’d cost a bit though, probably more than Bailey

• Like 1

TUANZEBE TO BE OFFERED NEW DEAL

Manchester United are close to agreeing a one-year contract extension for defender Axel Tuanzebe.

Once the agreement is done, Tuanzebe is expected to finalise a season-long loan move to Aston Villa.

Tuanzebe’s current deal runs until next summer, with United holding a one-year extension option. The new deal will be until 2023 with a one-year option.

For me, I’d want the following given we now look like we will have some extra money:-

ST - (Abraham)

Another AM of similar quality to Buendia, and Bailey (Sarr from Watford) 

MC - (JWP)

DC - (Tuanzebe)

GK - (Stephens)

I’d rate us as a vastly better team, even with the loss of Grealish. 

Edited by nnock1984

1 minute ago, Wes said:

GK - Stephens (Oxford United) Maybe a punt

Def - Tuanzebe (Manchester United) Maybe as back up, Cahill (Free Agent) No , Small (Everton) Don't know who that is

Mid - Berge (Sheffield United), We're not linked, but maybe Ward Prowse (Southampton - very unlikely) No, too expencive for his quality, Pape Matar Sarr (Metz - most likely staying another year) We pulled out, but maybe

Winger/Attacking Mids - Alvarez (River Plate), Probably dead, but yes McNeil (Burnley) No, Cantwell (Norwich) No, Damsgaard (Sampdoria) looked good in the euros, club form seems iffy, maybe

Striker - Abraham (Chelsea) No

Should note - all of the outfield players apart from Ward-Prowse and Cahill are aged 23 or less. That's likely to continue to be our ideal age range.

Tuanzebe is the 4th CB then. Unless Guilbert goes (which all indications suggest he is staying), and apart from signing a youth player backup to Targett and Ashley Young at Left-Back, that's the defence settled for the first half of the season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

still don't get why he would swap United's bench for our bench  , but if its cheap CB cover whilst we spunk the £100m on free half time strippers and beer , then sign me up  

• Like 2

Let's just say for the sake of the example that the links to new players are accurate and in the - extremely unlikely - event we could pull them off, how would we be feeling relative to last season if we ended up with the below?

Martinez, Steer, NEW (?)

Cash, Guilbert, Konsa, Tuanzebe, Mings, Hause, Targett, Young

Luiz, Nakamba, JWP, Sanson, McGinn

Bailey, Buendia, Cantwell, Traore, El Ghazi

Watkins, Abraham, Wes/Davis

+ youngsters

signs a 1 year extension at utd...is he **** mad or just stupid?

maybe we cant get our target or even for 4th choice cant find one, or at least think bogarde is the future but he's not ready yet, other than that it seems like a pointless move, we were never buying a new first or second choice CB

4 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

looks like if its cantwell we will be disapointed

he's a good player but norwich want 40m for him? surely not

if we can do a deal for around 20m then i'm fine with that